ImageImageImageImageImage

T-ross vs DeMar - Potential wise?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

lander
Veteran
And1: 768

Re: T-ross vs DeMar - Potential wise? 

Post#21 » by lander » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:39 am

This new. Never seen this thread before.
gojoorange
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,081

Post#22 » by gojoorange » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:43 am

The biggest difference between them will be their focus. Demar's focus is unbelievable. He is always locked in and very self motivated. Terrence is a bit laissez faire and relies on his physical gifts a lot more. Not saying he can't change, but there will need to be some type of catalyst to get him there. Demar will continue to be the better player because he doesn't just want it, he goes and gets it.
6ixSideSniper
Head Coach
And1: 11,585

Post#23 » by 6ixSideSniper » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:51 am

Ross is already an above average 3+D guy, that's not his ceiling.

I think Ross can be a special baller. He can create for himself due to contrary belief, although he's not great at it yet. I hope he works on his foot work, because once he understands that he should be able to be more of an all around offensive threat. Working with DeMar on how to draw contact would be great too.
What about DeRozan dawg?!?!

2018-2019 NBA CHAMPIONS

Rest In Peace The_Hater
Saciid11
General Manager
And1: 4,225

Post#24 » by Saciid11 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:56 am

When Ross can create his own shot , get to the line, score consitantly without Demar and lowery, maybe the you can compare his upside to Demar who is already all star and focus of every team we play ... But the again this board has soo many Demar haters ...
cammac
General Manager
And1: 6,216

Post#25 » by cammac » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:00 am

Really loath these versus threads.
Both are unique and are currently bringing different gifts to the team.
Before the season started Ross was a black hole in summer league but especially after the Gay trade started to show his defense and a 3pt shot. He still has work to do in becoming a stud which DeMar is with his unquestionable growth this year.
Ross needs to dedicate more time to penetration and getting to the line as well as utilizing his passing skills. Where Ross will exceed DeMar is in late game situations guarding the oppositions best player at PG, SG or SF and then dissecting them with his dagger 3pt shot.
Love they are both on our team and any possible decision on trade either is a couple years off.
TdotRap4Lyfe
General Manager
And1: 5,079

Post#26 » by TdotRap4Lyfe » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:00 am

It'll be another case of Tmac and Vince, Tmac had more potential, but Vince worked on more aspects of his game, and improved himself over time. Who lasted longer in the league? Clear to say it was Vince.
Credits to Jstock12
Chriscross
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,190

Post#27 » by Chriscross » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:09 am

gojoorange wrote:The biggest difference between them will be their focus. Demar's focus is unbelievable. He is always locked in and very self motivated. Terrence is a bit laissez faire and relies on his physical gifts a lot more. Not saying he can't change, but there will need to be some type of catalyst to get him there. Demar will continue to be the better player because he doesn't just want it, he goes and gets it.

Exactly.

DeMar has the work ethic that is unmatched. He sets a great example for his teammates to get better. Kobe is obviously way more talented but I think he has the same work ethic as Kobe does. He is able to get the most out of himself

Ross also seems to be a hard worker but he has a lot of holes in his game even though his offensive game is probably more pleasant to watch. Ross does a good job of using screens to his advantage but its requires him to defer the playmaking to someone else. Once he tries to go ISO, his weaknesses get exposed

With that being said. I am happy we have both on our team and believe both are part of this core
Love List
Drazen Petrovic
Pete Maravich
Stephen Curry
Jusuf Nurkic
load management
Analyst
And1: 1,871

Post#28 » by load management » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:10 am

sogood wrote:Ross is a 3 and D guy. I seriously doubt he'll ever become an all-star. So DeMar.

So what is DeMar, a no 3 or D, long 2 guy?
**** the Tony Brothers
deck
Sixth Man
And1: 1,094

Post#29 » by deck » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:10 am

fredericklove wrote:That 51 points potential,

that's him,

the boss.

not that I disagree, but Corey Brewer scored 51 not too long ago.
Chriscross
Assistant Coach

Post#30 » by Chriscross » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:14 am

rapsfanhere wrote:
sogood wrote:Ross is a 3 and D guy. I seriously doubt he'll ever become an all-star. So DeMar.

DeMar is the better player between him and Ross
Love List
Drazen Petrovic
Pete Maravich
Stephen Curry
Jusuf Nurkic
deck
Sixth Man
And1: 1,094

Post#31 » by deck » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:15 am

Ross has the potential, I just hope he can reach it.

At some point his progress will be hurt by the Raptors not running more offence through him. I hope that changes next year.

Casey and the team need to make a concerted effort to ensure he gets more touches.
alevirfe
Starter
And1: 1,683

Post#32 » by alevirfe » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:23 am

It's worth pointing out that Derozan is 24 and Ross is 23.
mintsa wrote: Yeah….the “new car smell” is starting to wear off with Scottie.

bongmarley wrote:I thought he was supposed to be an elite defender. He is horrible. On the perimeter he gets blown by everytime Its really bad
load management
Analyst

Post#33 » by load management » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:25 am

Chriscross wrote:
rapsfanhere wrote:

Currently, but this is about potential. I think Ross has the potential to be better with his skillset.
**** the Tony Brothers
Crazy_NBA_Fan
Veteran
And1: 383

Post#34 » by Crazy_NBA_Fan » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:30 am

efrivela wrote:It's worth pointing out that Derozan is 24 and Ross is 23.

Demar is turning 25 this year though.
Chriscross
Assistant Coach

Post#35 » by Chriscross » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:34 am

rapsfanhere wrote:
Chriscross wrote:
rapsfanhere wrote:

Currently, but this is about potential. I think Ross has the potential to be better with his skillset.

Defensively, absolutely

Offensively, His handles are a huge weakness right now because it limits his ability to create his own shot. Before the draft, one of the main weaknesses that were pointed out about Ross was his small hands and how that could limit his dribbling ability. I think that will hurt his ability to expand his game
Love List
Drazen Petrovic
Pete Maravich
Stephen Curry
Jusuf Nurkic
load management
Analyst

Post#36 » by load management » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:46 am

Chriscross wrote:
rapsfanhere wrote:
Chriscross wrote:

Defensively, absolutely

Offensively, His handles are a huge weakness right now because it limits his ability to create his own shot. Before the draft, one of the main weaknesses that were pointed out about Ross was his small hands and how that could limit his dribbling ability. I think that will hurt his ability to expand his game

Handles? I thought we were comparing him to Derozan?

**** the Tony Brothers
alevirfe
Starter
And1: 1,683

Post#37 » by alevirfe » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:52 am

Crazy_NBA_Fan wrote:
efrivela wrote:It's worth pointing out that Derozan is 24 and Ross is 23.

Demar is turning 25 this year though.

They are 17 months apart. People tend to forget this because Demar is in his fifth year and Ross only in year two.
mintsa wrote: Yeah….the “new car smell” is starting to wear off with Scottie.

bongmarley wrote:I thought he was supposed to be an elite defender. He is horrible. On the perimeter he gets blown by everytime Its really bad
Chriscross
Assistant Coach

Post#38 » by Chriscross » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:58 am

rapsfanhere wrote:
Chriscross wrote:
rapsfanhere wrote:

Defensively, absolutely

Read between the lines. The difference between DeMar and Ross offensively is one player is able to create his own shot and the other isn't. That speaks to Ross and his ball handling ability. I don't see enough improvement for him to create his own shot consistently like DeMar
Love List
Drazen Petrovic
Pete Maravich
Stephen Curry
Jusuf Nurkic
ballislife
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,005

Post#39 » by ballislife » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:05 am

Raptors_Dynasty wrote:TRoss has more potential

Does TRoss have Demars work ethic though?

Who knows. But if TRoss works as hard as Demar he'll surpass him for sure.

This sums it up pretty well... if Ross works as much as DD, he'll be better than him, but it's hard to imagine a guy on our team that wants it more than DeMar. DD is a relentless worker, and that's what's gotten him to be an all-star... it wasn't the talent that he came into the league with.
load management
Analyst

Post#40 » by load management » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:08 am

Chriscross wrote:
rapsfanhere wrote:
Chriscross wrote:
Defensively, absolutely

Read between the lines. The difference between DeMar and Ross offensively is one player is able to create his own shot and the other isn't. That speaks to Ross and his ball handling ability. I don't see enough improvement for him to create his own shot consistently like DeMar

Not sure why you are touting DeMar's subpar ball handling (a step up from atrocious in his first few years) and his inefficient scoring. There is a reason we can't give Derozan the last shot. Ross has the ability to match these skills and surpass them with better D and a solid 3 point shot.
**** the Tony Brothers

Return to Toronto Raptors