ImageImageImageImageImage

Lets Put Things Into Perspective

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,889

Re: Lets Put Things Into Perspective 

Post#41 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:43 am

Double Helix wrote:I feel better seeing other high seeds losing at home today like the Clippers and Pacers. Just helps to remind that there's still plenty of basketball left to be played and if we win the next one it's no panic at all.

So very true. Other than Pierce to close out the game I thought we contested their shots well. They did a better job of that though aided by our slow ball movement which makes them look like heroes as they get to us so easily.
Skeezo
Analyst
And1: 2,737

Post#42 » by Skeezo » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:49 am

Lucky 24 wrote:I like to compare this team to the 85 Blue Jays. They had a good young core, but they lacked experience and have some glaring weaknesses but they are tough and have great chemistry. I think if this team sticks together over the next few years and we add 1 or 2 key pieces we can truly have a contender. Anything beyond what we have accomplished to this point would be icing on the cake and should exceed everyone's expectations. Anyone who realistically think this team is expected to deliver a deep playoff run is delusional. Enjoy the moment and if we exceed the expectations, revel in it!

I loved that Blue Jay team... If memory serves though that team was up 3-1 against KC before George Brett went nuts on us... Upset George Bell never got his ring with the Jays...
Tacoma
Head Coach
And1: 4,887

Post#43 » by Tacoma » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:58 am

MEDIC wrote:
Clutch Carter wrote:I'm oddly more confident now then I was before the series started.

Same. For the following reasons:

- Probably the worst game I've seen from Lowry in a Raptors uniform.
- Amir was invisible
- Derozan was invisible

Those 3 guys having a bad game together pretty much = automatic loss.

Then you add:

- Patterson still trying to find his game. His jumper used to be money.
- Ross was invisible.
- Defense was terrible.
- JV missed some easy shots that he normally makes.

Don't get me wrong.....the Nets sucked too. This game should have been a blowout by the Nets, but it wasn't. The game differential basically came down to timely shots by Pierce & reffing.

You're looking at this clearly one sided. Lets see from the Nets perspective. KG played like crap most of the game and Pierce was also subpar until crunch time when he score half his points. Plumlee, their supposed X-Factor was no factor. They were a pathetic 4-24 from the 3-pt line. Pessimists were saying all that tanking gave them negative momentum and they had the 2nd worst road record of any playoff team. So many negatives and but yet they still managed to get a road win in a game they played poorly and really should've lost... yada, yada.

So, both teams can play "the aww shucks, we played poorly" card.

We were playing catch up the whole game and every time we got close to tie the game or ahead by a point, the Nets switched to a higher gear and got their lead margin back. I expect the Nets to play better next game, stepping it up a notch. So the Raptors - especially DeRozan - better step it up at least 2 notches to the Nets 1, because if they lose Game 2, it's over.

Return to Toronto Raptors