ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: James Harden takes shots at Parsons, Lin, Asik

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

SwaggyB
Sixth Man
And1: 1,595

Re: OT: James Harden takes shots at Parsons, Lin, Asik 

Post#21 » by SwaggyB » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:07 pm

Wow.. never knew Harden was such a dick
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,592

Post#22 » by Son Goku 25 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:09 pm

pbj wrote:Losers. Harden is going to be regarded like Melo and T-Mac in a few years - tons of talent but nothing to show for it

Meh, Harden isn't even on their level and I don't think he'll ever be. For a guy who's considered a "scorer" he can get shut down pretty easily, he seems to always get away with flopping his way to the free throw line. I personally think he's a bit overrated, I'm not denying he's talented but he isn't some kind of superstar that some people make him out to be.
Read
anotherhomer
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,002

Post#23 » by anotherhomer » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:17 pm

Tru harden is a manufactured star

He is very reliant on getting whistles call

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,283

Post#24 » by Scase » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:17 pm

Scarface844 wrote:
pbj wrote:Losers. Harden is going to be regarded like Melo and T-Mac in a few years - tons of talent but nothing to show for it

T-Mac shouldnt be compared to Harden imo. T-Mac was on another level when healthy. Injuries derailed his career sadly. Despite T-Mac's offense being so good, it was his defense that separated him from the rest.

Agreed, all of T-Macs issues stemmed from poor health. Dude was a monster otherwise.
Props TZ!
godkingleonidas
Banned User
And1: 2,215

Post#25 » by godkingleonidas » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:21 pm

Risk101 wrote:What exactly is wrong with what Harden said? He's stating a fact. I guess it might be a shot at Parsons but believe me when I say Parsons has been the most annoying out of Harden and Dwight. Morey gets him out of his rookie contract, which was under a MILLION!, and he gets paid 15 million this offseason just to complain about how he was treated by the Rockets? He should be thanking Morey.

Maybe he felt disrespected when Morey declined to match DAL's offer. Then he felt even more disrespected when Harden & Howard chose to verbally echo Morey's decision. Did Parson's ask to be let out of his contract? Did he pull a Boozer on HOU?
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,216

Post#26 » by LLJ » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:25 pm

SwaggyB wrote:Wow.. never knew Harden was such a dick

He's not a dick. He's an ick. 8-)
godkingleonidas
Banned User
And1: 2,215

Post#27 » by godkingleonidas » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:25 pm

Scarface844 wrote:

T-Mac shouldnt be compared to Harden imo. T-Mac was on another level when healthy. Injuries derailed his career sadly. Despite T-Mac's offense being so good, it was his defense that separated him from the rest.

Why did we do a S&T to reward his lying a.ss, again?
arbsn
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,627

Post#28 » by arbsn » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:27 pm

Harden is slightly overqualified for the 6th man Jamal Crawford/Jason Terry type but not good enough to be a superstar. If he took a lesser role/money and stayed with OKC like Manu did with the Spurs, he would probably become a champion.
onetwothree
Senior
And1: 440

Post#29 » by onetwothree » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:31 pm

You know who the real dick is? Parsons.

He got moved out of a rookie deal that pays under 1 million dollars. He knew his teams intention was to match. Instead of going into the open market and finding a reasonable deal that his team would match and that would compensate him fairly. This would have helped his team sign him and another star, bringing him and the Rockets 1 step closer to a title.

He goes and signs a contract to play for a complete dick in Mark Cuban. A team rivals with Houston. The most untradeable contract ever with player options and 15M for a guy thats worth 6 - 8 max.

That is a dick move. He then tries to shift the attention off of his dick move by saying he was offended by the treatment of the Rockets, thats why he signed that kind of a deal. Rockets did nothing but help him.

I lost all my respect for this muthafker. What's funny is that Dirk took a pay cut for Parson's massive contract. Next year, Parsons is going to have worse stats in a team where Dirk and Ellis score the basketball. His contract is just as bad than that of Landry Fields. Now, if he gets injured just like Landry did, that contract will hold Dallas back to the point where they'll be a lottery team for the next 3 years.

I kind of feel bad for Dirk.
onetwothree
Senior
And1: 440

Post#30 » by onetwothree » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:32 pm

But, Harden is still a dick. and Howard proved he was a dick a long time ago. At the end of the day, it seems like Houston got worse and Dallas got worse. Which is good news.
SwaggyB
Sixth Man
And1: 1,595

Post#31 » by SwaggyB » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:37 pm

onetwothree wrote:You know who the real dick is? Parsons.

He got moved out of a rookie deal that pays under 1 million dollars. He knew his teams intention was to match. Instead of going into the open market and finding a reasonable deal that his team would match and that would compensate him fairly. This would have helped his team sign him and another star, bringing him and the Rockets 1 step closer to a title.

He goes and signs a contract to play for a complete dick in Mark Cuban. A team rivals with Houston. The most untradeable contract ever with player options and 15M for a guy thats worth 6 - 8 max.

That is a dick move. He then tries to shift the attention off of his dick move by saying he was offended by the treatment of the Rockets, thats why he signed that kind of a deal. Rockets did nothing but help him.

I lost all my respect for this muthafker. What's funny is that Dirk took a pay cut for Parson's massive contract. Next year, Parsons is going to have worse stats in a team where Dirk and Ellis score the basketball. His contract is just as bad than that of Landry Fields. Now, if he gets injured just like Landry did, that contract will hold Dallas back to the point where they'll be a lottery team for the next 3 years.

While I agree that Parsons is overpaid, and that his contract can easily be seen as a negative for Dallas, I can't find any reasoning to call Parsons a dick for that.

If Houston didn't want to pay him a lot, they should have just picked up the option. Instead they made him wait around while they struck out on every big name free agent. Dallas comes along and wants to pay him the max, why on earth wouldn't a kid his age accept that? I'm sure some part of him wanted to remain in Houston, but if he waits for them to figure out their plans, maybe he's only making 5 million per. Chandler was looking out for himself first, as he should.
Marmoset
Veteran
And1: 563

Post#32 » by Marmoset » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:40 pm

It was a dangerous move on Houston's part to do what they did. They created the opportunity to lose Parsons by their own choice; they could have held on to him. I really don't see a problem with someone accepting a huge contract from another good team. Maybe he didn't really want to be in Houston. Maybe he just wanted the money. Maybe he wanted to be out of the shadow of the two stars there. It doesn't really matter - Houston had control of the situation but gave it up.

As for signing with Cuban - he is known for treating his players very well and is more passionate about his team than probably any owner. I can see why guys would want to play for him.
UnderdogRaptors
RealGM
And1: 44,305

Post#33 » by UnderdogRaptors » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:41 pm

He needs to take notes from #10 on our team the true humble superstar who will be better than this ref baiting clown
BC_IS_A_PLAYA wrote:jonas sucks, his dad should have got a vasectomy
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,629

Post#34 » by Fairview4Life » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:49 pm

That is ridiculous. Dallas offered him a max contract, or at least close to it. If Houston didn't want to match that, fine, but it would have been insane for Parsons not to sign that deal.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
WiggOuts
Starter
And1: 1,361

Post#35 » by WiggOuts » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:15 pm

The only reason theyre saying sht like this (and I mainly mean Harden, what Dwight said wasn't that bad) is because they know theyre gonna need him, These comments are prolly only meant to instill confidence in themselves.

Why does it seem like James Harden has been a man on a mission making himself look bad for the past couple years. Is it just me or do most NBA fans naturally hate players that bring no effort on defence. If you play basketball you all know how much you hate that kid that always wants the ball on O but does nothing to help on D...Why don't you work for it you lazy ass
WiggOuts
Starter
And1: 1,361

Post#36 » by WiggOuts » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:16 pm

you have no understanding in the ways of life
Slim_Charles
Sixth Man
And1: 1,516

Post#37 » by Slim_Charles » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:18 pm

Dwight Howard and James Harden = Punks

I'm glad Portland took out that trashy team. Dwight and James go to the 2nd round then maybe people will start respecting you around the league.
m83588333
Analyst
And1: 1,383

Post#38 » by m83588333 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:20 pm

When Houston sucks next season Harden and Howard will point fingers at each other. They are the opposite of continuity and team dynamics.
Using Tapatalk
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,454

Post#39 » by Raps in 4 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:28 pm

:lol: @ Parsons comparing himself to OKC Harden. What a clown.

What Harden said is 100% true. Those guys were just replaceable role players.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,454

Post#40 » by Raps in 4 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:30 pm

arbsn wrote:Harden is slightly overqualified for the 6th man Jamal Crawford/Jason Terry type but not good enough to be a superstar.

Do you have anything to back your statement up with? He's been one of the most dominant offensive players in the NBA over the last two years.

Return to Toronto Raptors