ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Woj - Mo Williams to Minnesota (1 year, 3.75 million)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Thespianoid
RealGM
And1: 78,794

Re: OT: Woj - Mo Williams to Minnesota (1 year, 3.75 million 

Post#21 » by Thespianoid » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:29 am

gamer1035 wrote:rubio gone?

are you kidding me? :nonono:

But seriously, I'm actually curious why you would think that.
Clementine9 wrote:Missed shots are unfortunate, but it's the trends throughout the game that matter.

Choker wrote:The swing in how Raptors fans have supported and turned on Powell is a good case study of human behavior.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,797

Post#22 » by UcanUwill » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:25 am

Young_Buc wrote:Rubio is one of the biggest wastes of talent in recent memory joining other noteables:

Michael Beasley
Derrick Williams
Tyreke Evans
Evan Turner
Darko
Jeff Green
Bargnani
Brandon Knight
Thomas Robinson
MKG
Austin Rivers

soon to be...
Jabari Parker
Harrison Barnes
Ben McLemore
Otto Porter

list goes on....

Ok, now seriously, Rubio is a good player, how in hell he deserves to be in the same conversation as these guys on your list? All of his strengths translated well to the NBA, great feel for the game, playmaking and defense. What kind of talents he is wasting exactly, he never supposed to be a second coming or anything. Constant Rubio's trashing around here is out of control.

I also agree that MKG should not be on that list. For 2 reasons. 1 - he is not that bad. 2 - he never was that talented in the first place. I never understood what people saw in him, he was always a role player, hustle guy talent. Guys like Jennings or even Lamb has more wasted talent than him. MKG is performing adequately.
Young_Buc
General Manager
And1: 9,130

Post#23 » by Young_Buc » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:31 am

UcanUwill wrote:
Young_Buc wrote:Rubio is one of the biggest wastes of talent in recent memory joining other noteables:

Michael Beasley
Derrick Williams
Tyreke Evans
Evan Turner
Darko
Jeff Green
Bargnani
Brandon Knight
Thomas Robinson
MKG
Austin Rivers

soon to be...
Jabari Parker
Harrison Barnes
Ben McLemore
Otto Porter

list goes on....

Ok, now seriously, Rubio is a good player, how in hell he deserves to be in the same conversation as these guys on your list? All of his strengths translated well to the NBA, great feel for the game, playmaking and defense. What kind of talents he is wasting exactly, he never supposed to be a second coming or anything. Constant Rubio's trashing around here is out of control.

I also agree that MKG should not be on that list. For 2 reasons. 1 - he is not that bad. 2 - he never was that talented in the first place. I never understood what people saw in him, he was always a role player, hustle guy talent. Guys like Jennings or even Lamb has more wasted talent than him. MKG is performing adequately.

Rubio has some of the worst shooting seasons on a starting PG (let alone a star pg) ever seen. His lack of improvement in this area has rendered whatever else he does useless. I really thought we'd be getting a Steve Nash/Jason Kidd level point guard with him. He was THAT highly regarded.

MKG is solid but looked like he could have been a rich mans andre igouladala (basically scottie pippen) while at UK. He's a great role player, but all NBA defense with a 15/8/5 statline was what I expected from him.
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#24 » by UcanUwill » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:46 am

Young_Buc wrote:
Rubio has some of the worst shooting seasons on a starting PG (let alone a star pg) ever seen. His lack of improvement in this area has rendered whatever else he does useless. I really thought we'd be getting a Steve Nash/Jason Kidd level point guard with him. He was THAT highly regarded.

MKG is solid but looked like he could have been a rich mans andre igouladala (basically scottie pippen) while at UK. He's a great role player, but all NBA defense with a 15/8/5 statline was what I expected from him.

I agree that Rubio's development has been disappointing, for me at least, but he is far from the waste for the player who he is. He was more intriguing than highly regarded. Not like he was a clear cut number one pick or anything. He was always flawed, a lot of people believed that he will bust and be out of the league completely. For what he is, he is doing fine.
it is just disappointing that that (grammar?) incredible basketball IQ is in the player who is so flawed in other areas, you know what I mean? That is just a bit sad, in a way it is a waste, but it is a different kind of waste if that makes sense.
Young_Buc
General Manager
And1: 9,130

Post#25 » by Young_Buc » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:52 am

UcanUwill wrote:
Young_Buc wrote:

I agree that Rubio's development has been disappointing, for me at least, but he is far from the waste for the player who he is. He was more intriguing than highly regarded. Not like he was a clear cut number one pick or anything. He was always flawed, a lot of people believed that he will bust and be out of the league completely. For what he is, he is doing fine.
it is just disappointing that that (grammar?) incredible basketball IQ is in the player who is so flawed in other areas, you know what I mean? That is just a bit sad, in a way it is a waste, but it is a different kind of waste if that makes sense.

I think I know what you're getting at, someone like Chris Webber on a smaller level comes to mind.

Webber was good, REALLY good but with his basketball iq and skills it is a shame that he was only what he was.
Kenyon009
Banned User
And1: 1,869

Post#26 » by Kenyon009 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:54 am

Young_Buc wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:

Michael Beasley
Derrick Williams
Tyreke Evans
Evan Turner
Darko
Jeff Green
Bargnani
Brandon Knight
Thomas Robinson
MKG
Austin Rivers

soon to be...
Jabari Parker
Harrison Barnes
Ben McLemore
Otto Porter

list goes on....

The hope with both of those guys is that if they obtain a decent jumper they'll be deadly. I think you could say the same thing about DeRozan. He's a three point shot away from being a superstar. His efficiency will jump through the roof.
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#27 » by UcanUwill » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:01 pm

Young_Buc wrote:
I think I know what you're getting at, someone like Chris Webber on a smaller level comes to mind.

Webber was good, REALLY good but with his basketball iq and skills it is a shame that he was only what he was.

It is more of a tease than anything. You know, players that are so exceptional and rare in one aspect of the game, but are not as solid as a whole. It teases you as a fan, you start wondering what could have been if that player was able to do that ant that also. Irritating thought.
Real life doesn't work that way tho, maybe those players performs just right and waste nothing, but that irritating thought is still there.
bballCT
Rookie
And1: 40

Post#28 » by bballCT » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:04 pm

Maybe for asset, could be flipped to Cleveland?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums mobile app
Follow Twitter for basketball cards news: @bballct
ishoy123
Starter
And1: 2,621

Post#29 » by ishoy123 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:30 pm

Michael Beasley
Derrick Williams
Tyreke Evans
Evan Turner
Darko
Jeff Green
Bargnani
Brandon Knight
Thomas Robinson
MKG
Austin Rivers

soon to be...
Jabari Parker
Harrison Barnes
Ben McLemore
Otto Porter

list goes on....

Why Jabari Parker? He didn't even start his career yet.

Return to Toronto Raptors