ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Kings Sign Sim Bhullar.

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

IMAN5
General Manager
And1: 5,666

Re: OT: Kings Sign Sim Bhullar. 

Post#261 » by IMAN5 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:18 pm

lmao all the jonas jokes are gold.
instagram.com/510movement
MoMoneyMoProbs
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,465

Post#262 » by MoMoneyMoProbs » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:18 pm

I'd sign him just to hear Matt say "Punjabiiiii" again
MapleMan
Junior
And1: 199

Post#263 » by MapleMan » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:59 pm

NotaBallboy wrote:Guys we already have non-mobile with no lateral quickness big in JV, we don't need another one. What we should be looking for are athletic centers with long wingspan.

Hmm, sounds familiar...
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,165

Post#264 » by YogurtProducer » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:09 am

Guys like him are exactly why every Nba team needs an D league affiliate.. Could you imagine being able to have the power to pull a bunch of D-League level Canadians on one team to develop and stay loyal to our franchise?
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
Kenyon009
Banned User
And1: 1,869

Post#265 » by Kenyon009 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:54 am

Kevin Willis wrote:
duppyy wrote:Hope he can make the NBA one day. Just needs to get fit.

He probably has a slow metabolism. It makes it very difficult to lose weight. I don't know his eating habits but he plays basketball so I don't think it's inactivity or laziness.

I don't get why people think losing weight is difficult. Even with a slow metabolism he can reverse diet. It's most likely because he's lazy although he's showed improvement so far. He has good skills but is just behind athletically. I could never see him being quick laterally or in pick and roll situations. At the NBA level he will get destroyed by athletic big men in the pick and roll.
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,414

Post#266 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:11 am

Well, haters gonna hate obv. I don't think he's going to make the nba but...

He's shooting 70% in the dleague. His offensive rating is a ridiculous 131, and he's getting about 15 points per 36. That's pretty good for a dleague player. Guys make the nba who aren't nearly as efficient and avging not a lot more points.

For all his rebounding troubles he still avges 7 a game, which isn't great for a guy his size, but is still 10 plus per 36 mins. He's blocking a ridiculous 3.6 shots per game though or 5+ per 36 minutes. I can imagine him having problems guarding certain plays due to being fat/slow, but I also believe his intimidation/altering shots more than makes up for it, at least in the dleague. So just reading stats it definitely seems he's having a big impact on both offense and defence.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=simsanit ... sQSk0ILYDg

One of the articles points out he's improving his stats, and is becoming an intimidating post defender.

Anyways obviously he has weaknesses that might stop him from playing in the nba, but he seems to be improving/doing well and I'm pretty interested in following his career going forward simply because of his size/being Canadian among other reasons.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
ratul
General Manager
And1: 4,402

Post#267 » by ratul » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:59 pm

GreatWhiteStiff wrote:Well, haters gonna hate obv. I don't think he's going to make the nba but...

He's shooting 70% in the dleague. His offensive rating is a ridiculous 131, and he's getting about 15 points per 36. That's pretty good for a dleague player. Guys make the nba who aren't nearly as efficient and avging not a lot more points.

For all his rebounding troubles he still avges 7 a game, which isn't great for a guy his size, but is still 10 plus per 36 mins. He's blocking a ridiculous 3.6 shots per game though or 5+ per 36 minutes. I can imagine him having problems guarding certain plays due to being fat/slow, but I also believe his intimidation/altering shots more than makes up for it, at least in the dleague. So just reading stats it definitely seems he's having a big impact on both offense and defence.

One of the articles points out he's improving his stats, and is becoming an intimidating post defender.

Anyways obviously he has weaknesses that might stop him from playing in the nba, but he seems to be improving/doing well and I'm pretty interested in following his career going forward simply because of his size/being Canadian among other reasons.

He looks better, lighter on his feet - still needs to get the conditioning better but he is starting to run up and down the court. Could become something but his latest game was against a bunch of scrubs.
Kenyon009
Banned User

Post#268 » by Kenyon009 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:19 pm

ratul wrote:
GreatWhiteStiff wrote:Well, haters gonna hate obv. I don't think he's going to make the nba but...

He looks better, lighter on his feet - still needs to get the conditioning better but he is starting to run up and down the court. Could become something but his latest game was against a bunch of scrubs.

For all the hate he gets he's a good basketball player. He's just not built like an athlete, that's the only side he really needs to fix in order for him to be an NBA player. I can pretty much guarantee lotto teams like the Knicks, Nets, Sixers, etc would give him a shot if he were to just cut 40lbs of fat.
chuckerz
Bench Warmer
And1: 161

Post#269 » by chuckerz » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:52 pm

You guys put too much emphasis on the D league. If Sim Bhullar couldn't stick on a crappy Kings roster, how would he fit with the Raptors?
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,631

Post#270 » by Fairview4Life » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:53 pm

chuckerz wrote:You guys put too much emphasis on the D league. If Sim Bhullar couldn't stick on a crappy Kings roster, how would he fit with the Raptors?

9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,138

Post#271 » by duppyy » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:41 pm

Kenyon009 wrote:
Kevin Willis wrote:
duppyy wrote:Hope he can make the NBA one day. Just needs to get fit.

He probably has a slow metabolism. It makes it very difficult to lose weight. I don't know his eating habits but he plays basketball so I don't think it's inactivity or laziness.

I don't get why people think losing weight is difficult. Even with a slow metabolism he can reverse diet. It's most likely because he's lazy although he's showed improvement so far. He has good skills but is just behind athletically. I could never see him being quick laterally or in pick and roll situations. At the NBA level he will get destroyed by athletic big men in the pick and roll.

He needs to go on a Keto diet. He'd be skinny within 6 months.
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,414

Post#272 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:22 pm

chuckerz wrote:You guys put too much emphasis on the D league. If Sim Bhullar couldn't stick on a crappy Kings roster, how would he fit with the Raptors?

Well Jordan Hamilton is shooting 45% in the dleaugue and he was in the nba a while. People think he should be a 15th man here. Sim's shooting 70%.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
Kenyon009
Banned User

Post#273 » by Kenyon009 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:54 am

GreatWhiteStiff wrote:

Well Jordan Hamilton is shooting 45% in the dleaugue and he was in the nba a while. People think he should be a 15th man here. Sim's shooting 70%.

Sim has a lot of NBA ready skills to go with his size. I'm really intrigued with his brother. Tanveer's younger and he hasn't filled into his massive frame yet, plus he's more skilled. I'm hoping he stays in college for the full 4 years at New Mexico before coming to the NBA. He actually has a shot at being a starter in this league. I honestly think the problem with Sim is that he's lazy and he doesn't really care. He's bound to eventually get a minimum contract with the stats he's putting up.
grumpwalter
Analyst
And1: 1,410

Post#274 » by grumpwalter » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:56 am

I am very skeptical of guys over 7-2, they tend to have a lot of injury problems.
Kenyon009
Banned User

Post#275 » by Kenyon009 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:29 am

grumpwalter wrote:I am very skeptical of guys over 7-2, they tend to have a lot of injury problems.

I'm kinda biased since I'm of Indian origin but I think he could be a difference maker in about two years time. He's shed a lot of weight since high school and people forget that he's a pretty good basketball player. He knows how to use his size and weight really well. If I was a team like Utah or the Knicks with an extremely slow pace Sim might be able to fit into that, help him shed some more weight. Let him work with NBA level trainers and equipment, heck get him a chef. He doesn't have many injury problems and he's a freak of nature with a good level of skills. I would definitely give him a chance if I was a lotto team like the Knicks.
grumpwalter
Analyst
And1: 1,410

Post#276 » by grumpwalter » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:07 pm

Kenyon009 wrote:
grumpwalter wrote:I am very skeptical of guys over 7-2, they tend to have a lot of injury problems.

I'm kinda biased since I'm of Indian origin but I think he could be a difference maker in about two years time. He's shed a lot of weight since high school and people forget that he's a pretty good basketball player. He knows how to use his size and weight really well. If I was a team like Utah or the Knicks with an extremely slow pace Sim might be able to fit into that, help him shed some more weight. Let him work with NBA level trainers and equipment, heck get him a chef. He doesn't have many injury problems and he's a freak of nature with a good level of skills. I would definitely give him a chance if I was a lotto team like the Knicks.

I just remember Yao Ming, I don't recall him having too many injuries before either, but look what happened to him later on.
Jatt
Rookie
And1: 251

Post#277 » by Jatt » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:47 pm

grumpwalter wrote:
I just remember Yao Ming, I don't recall him having too many injuries before either, but look what happened to him later on.

Yao's injuries had more to do with his commitments to China's national basketball program giving him essentially no off-season his entire career.

Return to Toronto Raptors