ImageImageImageImageImage

Back up C?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

LieCheatSteal
Assistant Coach
And1: 418

Re: Back up C? 

Post#21 » by LieCheatSteal » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:22 pm

I think some moves will be made during the season. I'm thinking Fields' contract will be moved for a vet C.
Two years from being two years away.
IceIceBelly
Junior
And1: 659

Post#22 » by IceIceBelly » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:46 pm

Jstock12 wrote:
What a great username, sir.

Choker wrote:
Didn't read your post, I just And1'd you for your username.

Green Backpack
Head Coach
And1: 3,280

Post#23 » by Green Backpack » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:07 pm

I'm comfortable with our trio of Val/PP/Amir with Hayes and Hansbro playing spot minutes.. but if one of the first 3 get injured, it won't be good.
WiggOuts
Starter
And1: 1,357

Post#24 » by WiggOuts » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:32 pm

Im not sure why everyone thinks Bebe is gonna get lots of burn. Chuck will split the backup mins with Hansbrough and Bebe will prolly get spot mins here and there if even...Think about how Casey played Val his first year, now Bebe is a way less talented player playing backup when we already have a more serviceable one...I don't expect him to play much at all unless there are injuries, hes still very raw
Badatude
Senior
And1: 97

Post#25 » by Badatude » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:58 am

I like Amir splitting his time between PF and C.
Hans then Hayes can fill in Center minutes on the short term if injuries come.

I am fine with the bigs.
Rapsalot
Head Coach
And1: 1,646

Post#26 » by Rapsalot » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:08 am

Thanks for all the thoughts. Most folks would like us to improve this if we could. That's kind of how I feel too. We could be OK if Val stays health but if he goes down for a 10-15 game stretch it will make it hard for us. We could go from 3rd seed to 4 but only because of the division lead. I thinks he is our only 6'10"+ player. We would get small real quick.

I have been looking at options and it would be hard to add more players. We likely offered Blatche the min but, he would rather stay in Brooklyn or With NYK for min.

One trade I would like us to try is:

From Raps. Chuck, Tyler & D Daniels' rights. To Bucks for Zaza Pachulia

Why for The Bucks they are rebuilding and have two young 6' 11" guys that get some time at C + a second year European C. So Zaza is moveable. They take salary this year but get $10 min in cap space next year. Tyler adds PF depth that Bucks could use. Plus Daniels is a good SF prospect early second round pick in a deep draft and they can bring him on next year.

Why for Raptors: we get a true C, good rebounding C that can score a little and plays ok D. I expect Lucas and Bruno to D - League most of this year & we could use Zaza to keep Amir and Patman fresh and at a high energy.

Big rotation: (Start JV 30 mpg, Amir 27 mpg all @ PF). {Bench Zaza 14 mpg, PP 25 mpg 4 at C}.
rapsrapsraps
Sophomore
And1: 73

Post#27 » by rapsrapsraps » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:04 am

why not okafor, he shouldnt cost much

Return to Toronto Raptors