ImageImageImageImageImage

NBA Live 15 Thread (Demo For PS4 & XB1 Out Now)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

tdotboyy
Banned User
And1: 6,678

Re: NBA Live Official Trailer And DeMar/Amir Screenshot Out 

Post#61 » by tdotboyy » Tue Sep 2, 2014 5:53 pm

big improvement from live 14!! the jerseys and some player models look weird but its an improvement..

amir and demar

NBA Live on left.. 2k on the right

lebron over wade

lebron

wade

damian

2k on the left and live on the right ..looks better than 2k

wiggins dunk on favors

dwight

beal

nice

Scarface844
Banned User
And1: 7,859

Post#62 » by Scarface844 » Tue Sep 2, 2014 5:56 pm

tdotboyy wrote:Idk the jerseys and the player models look weird

Live has always had the more realistic/sleeker looking graphics imo (not last year obviously) but go back to Live 10 vs NBA 2K11 or even 2K14. 2K has a weird tint on there graphics. 2K has always had the better/smoother gameplay but they've become way to reliant on animations.

Just compare both these

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSaCYxdwcQY[/youtube]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C0FlINsEFk[/youtube]
RealGM
And1: 66,480

Post#63 » by 720 » Tue Sep 2, 2014 6:02 pm

People are hating on the player models but that's honestly the best amir johnson i've seen in any game. 2k14 had him okay but this is way better.
Live Free
General Manager
And1: 2,836

Post#64 » by Live Free » Tue Sep 2, 2014 6:22 pm

gameplay stills looks mechanical af 2k >>
Scarface844
Banned User

Post#65 » by Scarface844 » Tue Sep 2, 2014 6:32 pm

Live Free wrote:gameplay stills looks mechanical af 2k >>

Meh, 2K has gotten mechanical as well tbh. Everything is done via animations now. The 3PT cheese, dunk cheese, the bs fouls called against you when the AI or opposing player drives to the bucket and gets a foul called with 1 second left on the shot clock or every game winning/half court shot going in aka buzzer beater cheese. The list goes on.
Sandman88
Head Coach
And1: 6,527

Post#66 » by Sandman88 » Tue Sep 2, 2014 6:38 pm

2K looks and plays 10 times better, its not even comparable. BTW live has the raptors jerseys looking awful
northernpuppy
Veteran
And1: 494

Re: OT: NBA Live 15 Arena Screenshots (Raptors Coming Soon) 

Post#67 » by northernpuppy » Tue Sep 2, 2014 7:03 pm

dTox wrote:
VC-INJURY wrote:Live 2005 is probably the best basketball game I've ever played.

[/youtube]

Ha! I thought I was the only one, 2005 is still sitting somewhere in my house, don't think I've logged as many hours on any other 2k/live editions than 2005, the free style dribble control was revolutionary!

Loved that freestyle dribble with the right analog stick.

I was a NBA Shootout guy in 2000/01 with JKidd before I went Live.

2000 - Duncan
2001 - Garnett
2002 - Franchise
03 - Jkidd
04 - Carter
05 - Melo
06 - Wade

And then I stopped playing Live.
hell_razor
Banned User
And1: 4,567

OT: NBA Live '15 Trailer 

Post#68 » by hell_razor » Tue Sep 2, 2014 8:05 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-8vL1r4pU8[/youtube]

Live are a bit more respectful to the Raps than 2K.
tracey_nice
Analyst
And1: 274

Re: OT: NBA Live '15 Trailer 

Post#69 » by tracey_nice » Tue Sep 2, 2014 8:08 pm

actually looks ok but will probably suck
T-D0G
Senior
And1: 389

Re: OT: NBA Live '15 Trailer 

Post#70 » by T-D0G » Tue Sep 2, 2014 8:18 pm

I'm hoping this game is decent. I've given up on 2K.
Jonas DeRoss
RealGM
And1: 102,548

OT: NBA Live 15 Visual Trailers ft. DD/Amir 

Post#71 » by Jonas DeRoss » Tue Sep 2, 2014 10:15 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhFpogbTbCI[/youtube]
Starts at 0:09.
RealGM
And1: 66,480

Re: OT: NBA Live 15 Visual Trailers ft. DD/Amir 

Post#72 » by 720 » Tue Sep 2, 2014 10:18 pm

Already posted on the big nba live thread.
mango2209
Pro Prospect
And1: 287

Re: NBA Live 15 Official Trailer (ft. DeMar & Amir) Out Now 

Post#73 » by mango2209 » Wed Sep 3, 2014 12:51 am

Looks great but they really need to fix those jerseys

Sent from my HTC One using RealGM Forums mobile app
Anatomize
General Manager
And1: 6,167

Re: NBA Live 15 Official Trailer (ft. DeMar & Amir) 

Post#74 » by Anatomize » Wed Sep 3, 2014 1:17 am

I can't tell anything until I see actual gameplay. I still saw some of that herky jerky motion on the Lillard cross that I've come to hate over the several years I tried Live for 2 seconds and put it down. The things I could do were ridiculous. I'd dribble up court with Ilgauskas coast to coast, and completely dominate games like a PG. You could just run up and tap steal 500 times with no reach in foul, it was arcade-ish to say the least. The way the players bodies move on the dribble sequences just looks completely unnatural and its something they've struggled with under their engine for a while. They say they revamped the whole thing and started from scratch but I don't know, it still looks to have some of the same issues; I'll try to reserve judgement until gameplay.
Scarface844
Banned User

Post#75 » by Scarface844 » Wed Sep 3, 2014 1:23 am

Anatomize wrote:I can't tell anything until I see actual gameplay. I still saw some of that herky jerky motion on the Lillard cross that I've come to hate over the several years I tried Live for 2 seconds and put it down. The things I could do were ridiculous. I'd dribble up court with Ilgauskas coast to coast, and completely dominate games like a PG. You could just run up and tap steal 500 times with no reach in foul, it was arcade-ish to say the least. The way the players bodies move on the dribble sequences just looks completely unnatural and its something they've struggled with under their engine for a while. They say they revamped the whole thing and started from scratch but I don't know, it still looks to have some of the same issues; I'll try to reserve judgement until gameplay.

Definitely has some of that stiffness that has plagued past NBA Live games but I'll live with that. Far worse stuff that both games need to fix then a few stiff animations here and there. It's a process and it's going to take 1 more year for Live to be fully caught up with 2K. This is official game play footage but we definitely need to see it from a regular view to see how improved it really is.

NBA Live 15 is supposed to be built off of NBA Live 10 and NBA Live 10 was a great game. Lots of positives. I thought the Lillard cross over was spot on especially with the defenders feet being planted and Lillard going right by him. Wiggins dunking was also spot on.

The players looked solid and EA has always had better presentation, music and arenas. Dribbling looks great, much more realistic then 2K. What 2K does better is player movement while Live has the better dribbling mechanics. As far as the reaching in without a foul, running up the court and dominating, that's exactly what 2K has become imo.
Jonn
RealGM
And1: 19,076

Post#76 » by Jonn » Wed Sep 3, 2014 1:28 am

Graphics are unreal. The real question as always is game play. I will buy Live over 2K regardless though. Can't stand 2K Sports.
Anatomize
General Manager
And1: 6,167

Post#77 » by Anatomize » Wed Sep 3, 2014 1:32 am

To be fair, I did not compare 2k in my post. 2k had enough reaching fouls to make it so it wasn't absolutely abusable, but they struggled with the behind the back steal where the defender would jump over and tap it out. 2k's other problem is also getting sucked into animations which you had no intention of being in, and the loose ball physics have been horrible. Good players losing the ball off someone's foot because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time, or simply losing it for no reason and flailing over. I haven't truly enjoyed 2k since 2k11, I was absolutely addicted to that game and I think it was the most realistic b-ball sim to this day.

Live 10 was good partially because Mike Wang worked on it, and then he moved back to 2k. He said working for EA was a lot of trouble and they were really hands-on and constantly interfere with the work process. That game definitely had a lot of good things about it, I particularly liked the rebounding mechanics and they were moving in the right direction. Rim physics were still an issue, and there were still a lot of those 'suck in' animations where you'd get drawn into the defender for a contact animation on a layup even though that wasn't your intention with the controls and you were far away from the defender. 2k's rebounding in comparison never really felt authentic, there are a lot of problems for them in this area as well, and an issue plaguing 2k is also the lack of recognition of what a player can or can't do in real life, but being able to do much more in the game even though they're supposed to have the 2K insider correcting those things as well as synergy stats. Live '10 also had the best dribbling system I'd ever seen up to this point. No played out animations where you're not in control, just full out autonomy on where you put the ball with the analog, it was fantastic. I'm not so sure the dribbling animations looked better in that Live vid than they did in the 2k15 trailer I saw a few days ago, they had some nice dribbling sequences that didn't look like played out animations.

Commentating is also another crap shoot in 2k, Marv Albert/Kerr's analysis was really refreshing when compared against the Kenny Smith iterations of years past ("OHHHHHH!" "OHHHHHHH!" - and then some back and forth banter that gets rehashed every other game because there aren't enough sound clips).

So yeah all in all, we'll just have to wait and see. Like others have said, I hope Live makes a come back, because at this point I haven't played 2k exclusively since 2k11, and I used to purchase it every year and now I just stick to playing at friends' houses when the opportunity arises.
Scarface844
Banned User

Post#78 » by Scarface844 » Wed Sep 3, 2014 1:34 am

Anatomize wrote:To be fair, I did not compare 2k in my post. 2k had enough reaching fouls to make it so it wasn't absolutely abusable, but they struggled with the behind the back steal where the defender would jump over and tap it out. 2k's other problem is also getting sucked into animations which you had no intention of being in, and the loose ball physics have been horrible. Good players losing the ball off someone's foot because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time, or simply losing it for no reason and flailing over. I haven't truly enjoyed 2k since 2k11, I was absolutely addicted to that game and I think it was the most realistic b-ball sim to this day.

Live 10 was good partially because Mike Wang worked on it, and then he moved back to 2k. He said working for EA was a lot of trouble and they were really hands-on and constantly interfere with the work process. That game definitely had a lot of good things about it, I particularly liked the rebounding mechanics and they were moving in the right direction. Rim physics were still an issue, and there were still a lot of those 'suck in' animations where you'd get drawn into the defender for a contact animation on a layup even though that wasn't your intention with the controls and you were far away from the defender. 2k's rebounding in comparison never really felt authentic, there are a lot of problems for them in this area as well, and an issue plaguing 2k is also the lack of recognition of what a player can or can't do in real life, but being able to do much more in the game even though they're supposed to have the 2K insider correcting those things as well as synergy stats. Live '10 also had the best dribbling system I'd ever seen up to this point. No played out animations where you're not in control, just full out autonomy on where you put the ball with the analog, it was fantastic. I'm not so sure the dribbling animations looked better in that Live vid than they did in the 2k15 trailer I saw a few days ago, they had some nice dribbling sequences that didn't look like played out animations.

Commentating is also another crap shoot in 2k, Marv Albert/Kerr's analysis was really refreshing when compared against the Kenny Smith iterations of years past ("OHHHHHH!" "OHHHHHHH!" - and then some back and forth banter that gets rehashed every other game because there aren't enough sound clips).

So yeah all in all, we'll just have to wait and see. Like others have said, I hope Live makes a come back, because at this point I haven't played 2k exclusively since 2k11, and I used to purchase it every year and now I just stick to playing at friends' houses when the opportunity arises.

Yep. 2K11 and Live 10 were the last time I enjoyed playing bball games. Even today both those games look and play better then whats out now.
TdotRap4Lyfe
General Manager
And1: 5,079

Post#79 » by TdotRap4Lyfe » Wed Sep 3, 2014 2:02 am

The live 2015 visuals trailer had more Raptors in it, than I can remember in any previous installment of either NBA video game franchise.
Credits to Jstock12
LastNameEver
General Manager
And1: 9,498

Post#80 » by LastNameEver » Wed Sep 3, 2014 2:24 am

Doesn't look appealing to me. Models look like play dough.

Return to Toronto Raptors