ImageImageImageImageImage

NBA League Pass

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,289

Re: NBA League Pass 

Post#41 » by Jstock12 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:30 pm

I've renewed my LP. The service last year was pretty much flawless. Plus it's legal. I don't mind supporting NBA, instead of some random illegal service from Netherlands like Ballstreams.
Mak
RealGM
And1: 4,574

Post#42 » by Mak » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:29 pm

Jstock12 wrote:I've renewed my LP. The service last year was pretty much flawless. Plus it's legal. I don't mind supporting NBA, instead of some random illegal service from Netherlands like Ballstreams.

Sure that makes sense but NBA has a blackout policy that is outdated. It makes zero sense to buy League pass and have so many black outs.
Jstock12
RealGM

Post#43 » by Jstock12 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:37 pm

Mak wrote:
Jstock12 wrote:I've renewed my LP. The service last year was pretty much flawless. Plus it's legal. I don't mind supporting NBA, instead of some random illegal service from Netherlands like Ballstreams.

Sure that makes sense but NBA has a blackout policy that is outdated. It makes zero sense to buy League pass and have so many black outs.

I'm not sure what that blackout policy is, but as I mentioned earlier, their service last year was flawless. That's why I renewed.
Mak
RealGM
And1: 4,574

Post#44 » by Mak » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:40 pm

All national games are blacked out and so are Raptors games if you live in Toronto. League Pass is great if you live overseas.
Jstock12
RealGM

Post#45 » by Jstock12 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:48 pm

Mak wrote:All national games are blacked out and so are Raptors games if you live in Toronto. League Pass is great if you live overseas.

Yeah that might be it. I'm from Europe.
Young_Buc
General Manager
And1: 9,130

Post#46 » by Young_Buc » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:24 pm

was on LP last year. No way would I support the choppiness and blackouts for that price.

Ballstreams is a better quality product for cheaper.

Easy choice.
tylrrr
Assistant Coach
And1: 29

Post#47 » by tylrrr » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:29 pm

Blackouts are only going to get worse, too, no? I haven't seen any broadcasting schedules, but we've got three more TSN schedules to deal with. That's 5 TSN channels, at least 2 Sportsnet ones, plus whatever gets onto ABC.
PenguinBoxer
Senior
And1: 552

Post#48 » by PenguinBoxer » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:45 am

I have used LP for the last 3 years... it is awesome. Here is how to get around blackouts which you MUST do since they blackout basically everything that is good

Download security kiss. You get 300mb a day for free

Open Security kiss. Connect into European server.

Open web browser, go to leauge pass home page.

Once you are logged in, the site will remember that setting and you can close/discounnt from security kiss (the proxy) and click all you want without being logged out or discounnted from the European server. The site is very stupid compared to something like Hulu or others
pkiskool
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,073

Post#49 » by pkiskool » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:24 pm

Those who live outside of Canada, and have extra 60 dollars to blow, there is nothing wrong with getting LP.
But for those who live in Canada, will be affected by the blackout policy and won't be able view Raps games unless you use proxy server.
Also if you are on a budget, you can do some stuff with 60 dollars you would save by getting Ballstreams isntead.

Quality wise, they are comparable, with LP being a little more crisp and BS being a lot more smooth (better frame rate).

I choose BS because of the cheaper rate and the frame rate (don't care about blackouts, I always got by it).
HBP
Freshman
And1: 18

Post#50 » by HBP » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:31 pm

pkiskool wrote:Those who live outside of Canada, and have extra 60 dollars to blow, there is nothing wrong with getting LP.
But for those who live in Canada, will be affected by the blackout policy and won't be able view Raps games unless you use proxy server.
Also if you are on a budget, you can do some stuff with 60 dollars you would save by getting Ballstreams isntead.

Quality wise, they are comparable, with LP being a little more crisp and BS being a lot more smooth (better frame rate).

I choose BS because of the cheaper rate and the frame rate (don't care about blackouts, I always got by it).

It's more than $60 extra when you consider that a one year ball streams membership gives you 1.5 seasons.
Ballstreams invite referral here: http://www.ballstreams.com/ref/2603

knickerbocker2k2
General Manager
And1: 4,455

Post#51 » by knickerbocker2k2 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:42 am

I have had league pass for past 3 years. Overall, I was very satisfied. Paid about ~$100 (used Indian VPN to sign up). Got premium (home/away feeds) + playoffs. Quality is pretty good as well and no buffering issues. I already pay for VPN access, but you just need a little trick with Int'l proxy to get around blackouts. Takes me literally 5 secs to get around blackouts at no extra cost.

I'm on the fence this season. Couple of things will impact my decision (probably will make up after free trial).

ILP:

-Is it still easy to get around blackouts?
-Price
-New features?
-Hoping for bump in quality (especially mobile; only 1200kbs).

One thing that might make me switch to Ball stream is you can stream using VLC. While using game, I use high process apps, and with flash sometimes it gets jerky due to CPU usage. I doubt ILP will allow you to use VLC, but if they can add one or two more features, I might use ILP instead of Ballstreams.
SwiftyV
Sixth Man
And1: 1,682

Post#52 » by SwiftyV » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:26 am

Anyone willing to give me a ballstreams referral?

Also what player does it play in? Just a random player in the browser? Or? I ask because I'll be watching a lot of games at work (also on west coast) and my PC there isn't that great. Let me know some of the ins and outs. Is there any app?
Kastas
Sophomore
And1: 220

Post#53 » by Kastas » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:37 pm

You should have waited for promo codes.
Jstock12
RealGM

Post#54 » by Jstock12 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:44 pm

Kastas wrote:

Screw it. Those probably won't be around when preseason begins ;) And it's not like it's going to be a huge discount anyway. Probably somewhere around 10-20% no?
Kastas
Sophomore
And1: 220

Post#55 » by Kastas » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:01 pm

Jstock12 wrote:
Kastas wrote:

Screw it. Those probably won't be around when preseason begins ;) And it's not like it's going to be a huge discount anyway. Probably somewhere around 10-20% no?

Yup. Within the range. As I recall I didn't miss preseason.
The Warrior
Head Coach
And1: 10,123

Post#56 » by The Warrior » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:14 pm

SwiftyV wrote:Anyone willing to give me a ballstreams referral?

Also what player does it play in? Just a random player in the browser? Or? I ask because I'll be watching a lot of games at work (also on west coast) and my PC there isn't that great. Let me know some of the ins and outs. Is there any app?

It plays from the website directly using Flash. There is an app also for smartphones and tablets. Otherwise I know some people may prefer to stream from VLC Media Player if using a laptop. You can also stream to your PS3 using a media server such as Plex. With a PS4 you can now just load up the browser and go to ballstreams.com, login and start a stream from there. If you have a Roku there's a ballstream app as well so you can just login and choose what game you want to watch and you're good to go.

As for the referral here you go:

http://www.ballstreams.com/ref/2314
jelt2359
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#57 » by jelt2359 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:26 pm

Anyone still able to give referrals? Was waiting for ILP discount codes, but ballstreams looks better. Thanks in advance!
delk11
Freshman
And1: 48

Post#58 » by delk11 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:27 pm

I am also looking for a ball streams referral.

I have been on LP for a few years, with a proxy for avoiding blackout. It works but the ballstreams service sounds like a step up.

Can anyone tell me if you get access to game time?
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#59 » by King of Canada » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:59 pm

I plan on waiting for a promo code and just doing monthly payments for LP.
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,760

Post#60 » by Jadoogar » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:22 pm

I have used league pass for the past two years. It was easy enough to get around the blackouts using a proxy but sometimes it would take a long time to find a proxy that worked. This year i'm trying ballstreams. Its cheaper and i won't have to deal with proxies. If LP didn't get so pricey, i would have just stuck with it but let's see how ballstreams goes

Return to Toronto Raptors