ImageImageImageImageImage

Who will suffer from our bench depth

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Who will suffer from our bench depth

Tyler Hansborough
27%
Landry Fields
28%
Lou Williams
2%
James Johnson
1%
Greivis Vasquez
10%
Patrick Patterson
No votes
Bruno Caboclo
32%

Total votes: 93

Saul Goodman
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,367

Re: Who will suffer from our bench depth 

Post#41 » by Saul Goodman » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:36 pm

I would like to deal Hans for a couple 2nds..maybe OKC?
2016 GMAT Blazers

Howard/Nene/
Griffin/M.Leonard/T.Jones
Porter/Marc.Morris/J.Johnson
McCollum/Stauskas/Thompson/Seldon
Lillard/Bayless/DeColo
Rapsalot
Head Coach
And1: 1,646

Post#42 » by Rapsalot » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:19 am

Chuck H will get waived. Maybe even Landy Fields. Give those fellows and our team a fresh start

Pg KL, GV, Will C in suit or D League
SG DD, LW, TR
SF TR, JJ, JH [ BC to D League ]
PF. AJ, PP, TH
C. JV, GS, TH [ LN to D League ]

I don't see Chuck or Landry part of our short or long-term goals. Let them see if they can find a fit elsewhere and the money still comes off book next year.
Let Lucas and Bruno get one year to become used to NA both life and Basketball. They can compete for PT next year. You have Will, Lou, Jordan, Tyler and Greg that could stay or be changed out next Summer.
theSkinny
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,277

Post#43 » by theSkinny » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:35 am

Who will be the most upset by the lack of PT they get vs what they expect?

Easy, Lou Williams and James Johnson.
WhatsaTDot
RealGM
And1: 6,330

Post#44 » by WhatsaTDot » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:29 am

Did not read 3 pages (getting lazier) - why is Chuck Hayes not there?

This place is insufferable.
RNsteve
Banned User
And1: 939

Post#45 » by RNsteve » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:38 am

Bruno most likely see much floor time, but I see it being a similar case to Jeremy lamb and the thunder. Next season he'll start seeing minutes.

But beyond that, GV might see a small hit.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Blast Tyrant
Banned User
And1: 3,059

Post#46 » by Blast Tyrant » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:30 pm

RonaldArtest wrote:Who will suffer from our bench depth? Opposing teams son!

I came to this thread prepared to say the same thing.
LieCheatSteal
Assistant Coach
And1: 418

Post#47 » by LieCheatSteal » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:42 pm

I'm not sure why Cablonco is so high on the poll. I think he would be playing garbage time, if any. Personally, I'm hoping Cablonco plays only garbage time or no time. If he plays significant minutes, that means the Raptors are out of it and are tanking.

Hansbrough could be in trouble. He doesn't have position flexibility like Chuck Hayes. Also, the Raps need a big backup C so he could be in trouble because he's not a C, unlike Chuck Hayes, who's an undersized C. Thus, as of now, Stiesma could be of more value to the Raps than Hansbrough.
Two years from being two years away.
ldnk
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,522

Post#48 » by ldnk » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:41 am

I think it's likely to be Ross that gets hurt the most in terms of deserved minutes vs. received minutes. Lowry is going to play unless he's broken in half with injury. Vasquez is going to play because he's actually pretty damn good and he needs validation after a big contract. Lou Williams is going to steal minutes from him. DeMar is pretty much the only player who is guaranteed to play 35+ minutes a night without question.

Bruno I think gets a lot of DNPs or even goes to the D-league for development. I think practice time could be just as effective for him at this point because there are a lot of fundamentals kind of things that he can work on with Casey to become a very good defender given his size and relative mobility. Given that we don't have a D-league team I would be a little wary of putting a raw player down there with less direct control over his development and playing time.

Psycho-T probably loses some deserved minutes to Chunky Hayes (assuming he's still on the roster) and Bebe but overall, I think he's probably best used in 15 minutes of uninterrupted hard nosed action. He'll have the odd game where he's steamrolling everyone and should get more playing time, but I don't think he's a guy who you really view as getting shafted if he's not playing.

Fields probably deserves some late game minutes or key defensive possession minutes at times but again, I think he's a guy who is a fringe bench player because of his horrid shot so I'm not going to really consider him as a guy getting undeservedly squeezed out.

Regardless, aside from maybe a more proven/reliable backup C we really have nice depth for our 2nd and at times 3rd line players. I love that aspect of the team because we shouldn't see horrid droughts when the 2nd unit comes on. Another pure shooter might be nice down the road too.
SaveTheHens
Analyst
And1: 1,817

Post#49 » by SaveTheHens » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:31 am

The other team
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,641

Post#50 » by C_Money » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:39 am

Not sure how Landry Fields is getting so many votes. Do you think he would be getting playing time on other teams? The guy straight up hit the lottery with his contract and model girlfriend.
6ixSideSniper
Head Coach
And1: 11,585

Post#51 » by 6ixSideSniper » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:47 am

LieCheatSteal wrote:I'm not sure why Cablonco is so high on the poll. I think he would be playing garbage time, if any. Personally, I'm hoping Cablonco plays only garbage time or no time. If he plays significant minutes, that means the Raptors are out of it and are tanking.

Hansbrough could be in trouble. He doesn't have position flexibility like Chuck Hayes. Also, the Raps need a big backup C so he could be in trouble because he's not a C, unlike Chuck Hayes, who's an undersized C. Thus, as of now, Stiesma could be of more value to the Raps than Hansbrough.

Stiesma is a bigger body, but i'm not sure if he's the defender Chuck Hayes is. Chuck Hayes was defending Cousins pretty well when Valanciunas was struggling against him.
What about DeRozan dawg?!?!

2018-2019 NBA CHAMPIONS

Rest In Peace The_Hater

Return to Toronto Raptors