ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Had a private talk with a member of LTU NT's staff...

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Just Passing By
Pro Prospect
And1: 2,803

OT: Had a private talk with a member of LTU NT's staff... 

Post#1 » by Just Passing By » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:49 pm

Most of the talk revolved around JV. Here is what he had to say:

- JV's improvement compared to last years Eurobasket is ridiculous. Not all of it is seen in games, maybe JV is a bit shy and not confident in his ability to use some of the stuff he has learned, but during the training they saw a full display and it was beautiful to watch.

- the chemistry of LTU team was off the charts and JV is a big part of it, constantly cracking jokes with Lavrinovic brothers.

- said that JV has been a very vocal leader in training, but he needs to translate that to the games more. When he talks during defensive drills in training, that helps their defense a LOT. In the games for some reason JV is, again, a bit shy about doing that for some reason.

- JV told him that he talked to Kyle and Amir daily, also received calls from Terrence and Landry. He also said that he heard JV talk with a man named "Alex" on the phone and also, which was completely amazing to me, with the Dream himself. He found it quite funny that their talk ended with "see you soon Mr. Olajuwon" from JV.

- said that even though coach Kazlauskas was reserved about JV in public during the tournament, in their private conversations he was consistently raving about JV and how they have to find ways to give him 10+ shots per game. The problem was that we didn't have much threat from the guards and the opponents knew that's the plan and therefore made it hard to accomplish.

- said that the thing that has easily impressed him the most about JV was his new found strength. When I asked him "so how much could JV bench?" He yelled:

Spoiler:
BOUT TREE FIDDY!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't hate guys, thought I will brighten your day now that the tourney is over. These are simply all the things I HOPE for JV coming in to the next season :) Which is getting closer and closer - we are going to be in for a treat!! :)
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,568

Re: OT: Had a private talk with a member of LTU NT's staff.. 

Post#2 » by DG88 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:53 pm

This says it all about my excitment level for JV
Machiavillain
Sophomore
And1: 621

Post#3 » by Machiavillain » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:53 pm

He found it quite funny that their talk ended with "see you soon Mr. Olajuwon" from JV.

They're taking this student-teacher relationship to a whole new level. :lol:
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,291

Post#4 » by Jstock12 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:55 pm

Just Passing By wrote:- JV's improvement compared to last years Eurobasket is ridiculous. Not all of it is seen in games, maybe JV is a bit shy and not confident in his ability to use some of the stuff he has learned, but during the training they saw a full display and it was beautiful to watch.

Oh this has to be the Dream Shake he's talking about.
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#5 » by DG88 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:58 pm

If I remember correctly JV is going to do one more training session with Olajuwon before training camp. Thanks again Just Passing By for that insight. So JV is a bit shy when anchoring the defense on the big stage. No biggie, in time he'll get used to it. I can't wait to see how good JV will be when he's 25 and entering his prime :droop:
Just Passing By
Pro Prospect
And1: 2,803

Post#6 » by Just Passing By » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:01 pm

Spoiler:
I am probably going to get banned for this now after I got DG's juices flowing, but I was simply attempting to make the typical "Tree Fiddy troll post", I am sorry if I hadn't made that clear with the spoiler and the last sentence :) PLEASE NO BAN!
Jstock12
RealGM

Post#7 » by Jstock12 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:02 pm

DG88 wrote:If I remember correctly JV is going to do one more training session with Olajuwon before training camp. Thanks again Just Passing By for that insight. So JV is a bit shy when anchoring the defense on the big stage. No biggie, in time he'll get used to it. I can't wait to see how good JV will be when he's 25 and entering his prime :droop:

I wouldn't be surprised if Jonas is already an above average defender by the time he's 25. Add a refined post-game and mid-range game to that + improved strength and you have yourself an All-Star center.
Yeezus
Banned User
And1: 631

Post#8 » by Yeezus » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:02 pm

mann **** this ****
Jstock12
RealGM

Post#9 » by Jstock12 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:05 pm

Just Passing By wrote:
Spoiler:
I am probably going to get banned for this now after I got DG's juices flowing, but I was simply attempting to make the typical "Tree Fiddy troll post", I am sorry if I hadn't made that clear with the spoiler and the last sentence :) PLEASE NO BAN!

Crazomali
RealGM
And1: 38,984

Post#10 » by Crazomali » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:06 pm

bahaha amazing troll even i fell for it
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#11 » by DG88 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:10 pm

Just Passing By wrote:
Spoiler:

RoleModel
Analyst
And1: 5,701

Post#12 » by RoleModel » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:12 pm

Didn't expect to see a Tree Fiddy post on here. :(
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#13 » by DG88 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:14 pm

It's fake it's all fake.

Nothing to see here folks.

Return to Toronto Raptors