ImageImageImageImageImage

James Johnson was charged with domestic assault Remember?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

SHFT
Head Coach
And1: 4,956

Re: James Johnson was charged with domestic assault Remember 

Post#61 » by SHFT » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:09 am

Gorlitzer wrote:So, James Johnson is a scumbag who beat his wife. I am really having a hard time watching him play, and it's also straining my relationship with the organization.

A friend of mine from Estonia moved to Toronto a few years ago and immediately fell in love with the Raptors. She was pretty shocked when I told her about Johnson's arrest. She took action. See her email below, as well as the response from the Raptors organization. It's pretty dismissive. They obviously don't care, and I wonder where an issue like this could be raised, if not Fan Services.

HER EMAIL...

Subject Category: Fan Services

Hi,

As a Raptors fan I was very disappointed to hear that you signed James Johnson.
I was proud to support my team but not a team that chooses to employ players who have been accused of domestic violence. Doesn't that factor into your decision on who to sign? I will not buy the Valenciunas jersey I was looking forward to buying once the season starts and I will stop coming to games. I'm ashamed of my team, I really thought NBA did better by women than other big league sports. You lost a fan.

RESPONSE FROM FAN SERVICES...

Thank you for your e-mail and for sharing your input. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback however, our fan e-mail system is not a medium for debating the merits of our team and the decisions that those charged with managing the teams make.

Thanks again for your e-mail and thanks for understanding.

Fan Services

lol you're friend even admits it is an accusation.....I accuse you of murder and am going to tell your friend..... you will lose a fan

Sent from my SGH-T999V using RealGM Forums mobile app
aselvana
Bench Warmer
And1: 886

Post#62 » by aselvana » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:18 am

your friend ehh...
How would you describe Raptors RGM forum in one sentence?
Steelo Green wrote:The one title shouldn’t excuse what was mediocrity all around it.
Hitch22
Sophomore
And1: 39

Post#63 » by Hitch22 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:25 am

Does "your friend" know Johnson is a Black belt?! And, like a lot of NBA players is a very large man. If he struck or choked anyone the odds say there would be marks... There wasn't.
dylanxpowell
Sophomore
And1: 258

Post#64 » by dylanxpowell » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:45 am

Would really love for someone to source for me the claim that his wife did not have cuts or bruises visible to police. That counters what I've seen reported.

http://www.sportsworldnews.com/articles ... -video.htm

According to FoxNews.com, the woman also told police her husband punched a hole through the bathroom door where she hid while holding their child until arresting officers arrived.The website adds, Johnson now an NBA free agent, took the baby from his wife and ran away from the scene before later returning which is when he was arrested.

Johnson was formally taken into custody by the Domestic Assault-Bodily Harm unit and is scheduled to appear in court sometime on Monday. His wife reportedly refused medical treatment, but officers were able to see injuries and bruises she suffered to her face and neck.
"You can talk without saying a thing. I don't ever want to be that type of person." - Charles Barkley
dylanxpowell
Sophomore
And1: 258

Post#65 » by dylanxpowell » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:57 am

dylanxpowell wrote:Would really love for someone to source for me the claim that his wife did not have cuts or bruises visible to police. That counters what I've seen reported.

According to FoxNews.com, the woman also told police her husband punched a hole through the bathroom door where she hid while holding their child until arresting officers arrived.The website adds, Johnson now an NBA free agent, took the baby from his wife and ran away from the scene before later returning which is when he was arrested.

Johnson was formally taken into custody by the Domestic Assault-Bodily Harm unit and is scheduled to appear in court sometime on Monday. His wife reportedly refused medical treatment, but officers were able to see injuries and bruises she suffered to her face and neck.

Found it myself. The article the one above references is below

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/25719 ... ic-assault

Memphis Grizzlies unrestricted free agent James Johnson was arrested early Saturday morning after a domestic dispute with his wife at their home in downtown Memphis. Investigators say the couple got into some type of altercation as they were leaving Beale Street around 2 a.m. The 27-year-old's wife called police after she says Johnson hit her in the face with his open hand and choked her.

She also told officers the NBA player punched a hole in their bathroom door, which is where she was waiting while holding their child. Officers say the victim gave the baby to her mother and Johnson then pushed that woman and took the baby before running away from the scene. Johnson eventually returned and was taken to jail.

He's been charged with Domestic Assault-Bodily Harm. The victim refused medical treatment, but officers say she did not have any visible injuries to her face or neck. Officers say the couple had been drinking in their home earlier that evening. Johnson is currently an unrestricted free agent with the Memphis Grizzlies. The Grizzlies released the following statement Saturday:

"We are currently gathering information regarding this morning's report involving James Johnson. We have no further comment at this time."

The sentence is odd and written as if they meant to say they did - which is most likely what SportsWorld inferred. If this is the actual basis of a whole hosts of people on here calling his wife a liar and feeling vindicated this is pretty god damn flimsy. At best I guess folks here are ok with the fact that dude had been drinking, had a dispute with his wife, left with his child, and then came back to be arrested?
"You can talk without saying a thing. I don't ever want to be that type of person." - Charles Barkley
team edward
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,981

Post#66 » by team edward » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:03 am

JDOB wrote:
Gorlitzer wrote:The case was dropped because his wife did not show up to court, not because he was exonerated. The case can still be opened.

If he assaulted her, why wouldn't she show up to court? Think about it.

Happens all the time in domestic assault cases. Women often don't have the confidence to leave a violent relationship. At the same time, it is not uncommon for women to lie to the police or lay false charges for whatever reason. That's why these cases are always a damn mess to prosecute and to defend. Unless there is Ray Rice video evidence, you have to trust the system and the Raptors management to make the right call.

In this case, he's a bit player that already had "character issues". If there was really something here i doubt MU would have proceeded.
vaff87
RealGM
And1: 70,824

Post#67 » by vaff87 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:03 am

dylanxpowell wrote:
dylanxpowell wrote:Would really love for someone to source for me the claim that his wife did not have cuts or bruises visible to police. That counters what I've seen reported.

The only link I've seen that says there were injuries, was the one you posted. The rest I've seen, have said she never.

Found it myself. The article the one above references is below

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/25719 ... ic-assault

Memphis Grizzlies unrestricted free agent James Johnson was arrested early Saturday morning after a domestic dispute with his wife at their home in downtown Memphis. Investigators say the couple got into some type of altercation as they were leaving Beale Street around 2 a.m. The 27-year-old's wife called police after she says Johnson hit her in the face with his open hand and choked her.

She also told officers the NBA player punched a hole in their bathroom door, which is where she was waiting while holding their child. Officers say the victim gave the baby to her mother and Johnson then pushed that woman and took the baby before running away from the scene. Johnson eventually returned and was taken to jail.

He's been charged with Domestic Assault-Bodily Harm. The victim refused medical treatment, but officers say she did not have any visible injuries to her face or neck. Officers say the couple had been drinking in their home earlier that evening. Johnson is currently an unrestricted free agent with the Memphis Grizzlies. The Grizzlies released the following statement Saturday:

"We are currently gathering information regarding this morning's report involving James Johnson. We have no further comment at this time."

The sentence is odd and written as if they meant to say they did - which is most likely what SportsWorld inferred. If this is the actual basis of a whole hosts of people on here calling his wife a liar and feeling vindicated this is pretty god damn flimsy. At best I guess folks here are ok with the fact that dude had been drinking, had a dispute with his wife, left with his child, and then came back to be arrested?
Flight33
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,887

Post#68 » by Flight33 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:10 am

This has got to be the worst topic ever.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,415

Post#69 » by Raps in 4 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:19 am

JDOB wrote:
Gorlitzer wrote:The case was dropped because his wife did not show up to court, not because he was exonerated. The case can still be opened.

If he assaulted her, why wouldn't she show up to court? Think about it.

Because she wants him to keep making money?
PT416
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,243

Post#70 » by PT416 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:29 am

Why does this matter? We hired him to play Small Forward not husband.

Return to Toronto Raptors