ImageImageImageImageImage

Official: Greivis Vasquez is really bad and should be traded.

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

team edward
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,981

Re: Greivis Vasquez is the Weak Link 

Post#141 » by team edward » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:36 am

WiggOuts wrote:I dont think anyone was expecting Lou to play like this, hes pretty much taken Vasquez's roll away from him. What we are seeing from Lou is an absolute best case scenario and Casey is riding it. At the same time, one doesnt necessarily make the other expendable. Lou is the scorer, Gravy is the distributor and they are both integral parts of the 2nd unit. Given Lou's contract situation we cant exactly do much about this, who knows if he even re-signs here next year.

It would be dumb to trade Vasquez, if we cant keep Lou than at least he can give you some scoring/playmaking from the bench...the only time it would be wise to trade him would be after you lock Lou up, then you can find a vet PG knowing you have your primary bench scorer covered. Lets not forget, thats what Vasquez was last season

I agree, and we're only 1/4 in. He will come back to his expected form.
JWiLL02
RealGM
And1: 2,443

Post#142 » by JWiLL02 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:51 am

Turbo_Zone wrote:
JWiLL02 wrote:

Hey TZ, would it be possible to do a small collection that's formatted for Facebook cover photos?

I think that would be awesome :D Just a thought.

It's improbable right now due to my dud schedule, but most of my wallpapers can be uploaded and then sized to fit FB.

Probably expect more of these quick joke sigs for the immediate future as I can actually pull them off in between my life.

With that said, did you have a dream Facebook cover wish you wanted granted?

Would love to build one for you if I can! 8-)

Nothing specific! I just noticed FB cover photos tend to have odd dimensions, would be sweet to have something made specifically for it.

Good call on the wallpapers though. I'll see what I can do there.

Keep up the good work! :D

(Side note: All you people need to like his page on FB if you haven't already)
*Sig courtesy of Raptors' royalty 'Turbozone'. http://www.turbozone.ca"
curryking3
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,994

Post#143 » by curryking3 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:24 pm

So what are the complaints against GV now? He's played pretty well while Landry was subbing in for DD rather than him.

I think my analysis (if I can call it that) rings true: he's effective of the bench while playing with the other bench players.

Didn't get to watch today, but an expected win, not sure who played how, but Fake Toronto obviously can't handle us, no surprise there.
highscore
Sixth Man
And1: 524

Post#144 » by highscore » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:22 am

It was one of his better games, but that just means all those bad 3s and floaters he forced up just went in. Still, same old non-existent defence, not to mention that when he came in for Kyle Lowry at the end of the first half he single handedly squandered a 14 point lead into 5. I think he had one of the worst +/- in the game today. Made no effort to get others involved.

The game slows down and becomes incredibly dragged out and banal whenever he was in. Really set Bruno and Bebe up for disappointing shots as well with a lack of any offensive creativity, basically forcing them to create their own shot from the three-point line and in.

Still the worst guy by far.
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,786

Post#145 » by Dennis 37 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:29 am

curryking3 wrote:So what are the complaints against GV now? He's played pretty well while Landry was subbing in for DD rather than him.

I think my analysis (if I can call it that) rings true: he's effective of the bench while playing with the other bench players.

Didn't get to watch today, but an expected win, not sure who played how, but Fake Toronto obviously can't handle us, no surprise there.

I am upset that his quality bench play has embarrassed those who refer to him as Trashquez.

How can we have any inner peace if we don't have at least on Raptor to shower hate upon?
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
Steve Urkel
Analyst
And1: 2,446

Post#146 » by Steve Urkel » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:41 am

Honestly, this is one of the worst threads on the forum

Most fans realize his strengths/weaknesses and his streaky play but overall he's a decent backup. It's been the same story since he started playing here, we know what we're getting and the team is 22-6. I really don't understand the hatred.
dballislife
RealGM
And1: 4,913

Post#147 » by dballislife » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:44 am

people jumping back on the vasquez wagon after he has a good game...ya he can play well, we know, but hes been sprinkling these good ones in between a lot of bad games...we're almost 1/3 in, would love GV to build up some consistency in his play now, especially considering hes not shy on offense
What is basketball.....basketball is life!
baulderdash77
Lead Assistant
And1: 235

Post#148 » by baulderdash77 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:01 am

This is one of the worst threads on the forum.

If you're 4th guard is the weak link then you're a good team.

Greivis is a really solid backup PG. It's nice to have a backup PG this good on a nice contract.
Coconut
Senior
And1: 286

Post#149 » by Coconut » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:29 am

Has 25 absolutely horrendous games: "Give him time, you guys are haters."
Has 1 decent, fluky game: "Where are you haters now, huh? Vazquez is amazing!"
Goes on to play 50 more **** games: "Meh, these games dont matter anyway, so what if he cost us 20 loses? He said we the north and he has swag! That's enough to win me over. He'll turn it up in the playoffs."
baulderdash77
Lead Assistant
And1: 235

Post#150 » by baulderdash77 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:40 am

Coconut wrote:Has 25 absolutely horrendous games: "Give him time, you guys are haters."
Has 1 decent, fluky game: "Where are you haters now, huh? Vazquez is amazing!"
Goes on to play 50 more **** games: "Meh, these games dont matter anyway, so what if he cost us 20 loses? He said we the north and he has swag! That's enough to win me over. He'll turn it up in the playoffs."

He had 60 games last year where he was good for us much more often than not. He remains a key player for us.
supra2k8
Starter
And1: 4,070

Post#151 » by supra2k8 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:43 am

Vasquez needs to stop chucking, and only take open 3s, but needs to drive more with this famous floaters. He has been doing more of that in the past 2 games, which is a good sign.
Rapcity_11
RealGM
And1: 9,536

Post#152 » by Rapcity_11 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:58 am

This can't get posted enough:

Lou and GV are +11.6 net rating on the floor together.
PoundTown
Sixth Man
And1: 1,155

Post#153 » by PoundTown » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:05 am

Lou and GV are +11.6 net rating on the floor together.
Dukenukem23
Banned User
And1: 1,971

Post#154 » by Dukenukem23 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:12 am

Lou and gv are +11.6 net rating together.
C Court
RealGM
And1: 25,112

Post#155 » by C Court » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:28 am

Greivis is a solid back-up point guard, who is playing well the past few games.

He had a bad stretch of a few games, but he was playing through an illness. Raps are lucky to have him.
NBA Champion Toronto Raptors
CptLouHefner
Banned User
And1: 243
Location: Somewhere getting suspended for trolling the garbage ass Knicks team.

Post#156 » by CptLouHefner » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:20 pm

How isn't this garbage thread locked yet?
dacrusha
RealGM
And1: 5,410

Post#157 » by dacrusha » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:32 pm

People coming down on GV have the same mentality as those that come down on Chuck Hayes.

Effectiveness can be gauged through more than just numbers.
"If you can’t make a profit, you should sell your team" - Michael Jordan
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,055

Post#158 » by Indeed » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:15 pm

Vasquez won't be effective this year, because he and Lou shared the ball handling and scoring, and James Johnson is not known for hitting the corner 3. John Salmons was a better fit, but we need more scoring until Jonas and Ross become consistent scoring threats.

Meanwhile, I think the weak link is Hansbrough rather, but he is only making the minimum, so it is rather hard to blame on him. Both Hansbrough and Hayes combined for 7m, which should get us a decent big when both expired. And if our development goes right, Ross should be an average scorer (either break out near the end of the year or next year), and Jonas should able to stretch the floor a bit more.
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,881

Post#159 » by deeps6x » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:26 pm

highscore wrote:It was one of his better games, but that just means all those bad 3s and floaters he forced up just went in. Still, same old non-existent defence, not to mention that when he came in for Kyle Lowry at the end of the first half he single handedly squandered a 14 point lead into 5. I think he had one of the worst +/- in the game today. Made no effort to get others involved.

The game slows down and becomes incredibly dragged out and banal whenever he was in. Really set Bruno and Bebe up for disappointing shots as well with a lack of any offensive creativity, basically forcing them to create their own shot from the three-point line and in.

Yes, definitely. So Far.

Lou has been very hot after a the slow start (first few games) and GV has been trying to force his own shot. Just has to 'get his' every game. We've all seen that he can be a great passer. That he is pretty darn good with that floater in the paint. He just needs to stop forcing his own shots so often. I'd love to see 10 assists and 4 points on 2 shots from him tonight. Feed your hot 3 point shooters (2Pat and Sweet Lou). Come on son. Do what the team needs. This isn't a contract year for you GV. Be a team guy.

And although you'll never be too useful on D, make it look like you give a sh*t at least. I too am tired of you coming into games and squandering 14 and 15 point leads. Also, when you are on in garbage time, stop giving the opponents 10 free points in the last 2 minutes. You keep making 20 point blow outs look like 8 point 'they were still in it' games.
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,055

Post#160 » by Indeed » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:37 pm

deeps6x wrote:
highscore wrote:It was one of his better games, but that just means all those bad 3s and floaters he forced up just went in. Still, same old non-existent defence, not to mention that when he came in for Kyle Lowry at the end of the first half he single handedly squandered a 14 point lead into 5. I think he had one of the worst +/- in the game today. Made no effort to get others involved.

Yes, definitely. So Far.

Lou has been very hot after a the slow start (first few games) and GV has been trying to force his own shot. Just has to 'get his' every game. We've all seen that he can be a great passer. That he is pretty darn good with that floater in the paint. He just needs to stop forcing his own shots so often. I'd love to see 10 assists and 4 points on 2 shots from him tonight. Feed your hot 3 point shooters (2Pat and Sweet Lou). Come on son. Do what the team needs. This isn't a contract year for you GV. Be a team guy.

And although you'll never be too useful on D, make it look like you give a sh*t at least. I too am tired of you coming into games and squandering 14 and 15 point leads. Also, when you are on in garbage time, stop giving the opponents 10 free points in the last 2 minutes. You keep making 20 point blow outs look like 8 point 'they were still in it' games.

He has been setting up a lot of plays for others, and he doesn't seem to be the "backup PG" (more like a primary PG), as he is setting up plays for Lowry as well. He is definitely redundant with Lou and DeRozan, as all of them have issue on the defensive end, but he does more than scoring.

As for the last few minutes, he is the only one to setup Caboclo and Bebe. You can't blame Vasquez for doing his PG duty, while neither of Caboclo nor Bebe is able to score (lack of experience against lengthy/athletic defenders).

Return to Toronto Raptors