ImageImageImageImageImage

Free Bebe

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

WiggOuts
Starter
And1: 1,362

Re: Free Bebe 

Post#21 » by WiggOuts » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:47 pm

theres no need for him to play yet. Hes a project, Casey is not giving him priority over vets and rightfully so. Your lives will be easier when you accept this fact. Consider the year a learning/growing one for the two Brazilians, any mins will only be used as a measuring stick
RNsteve
Banned User
And1: 939

Post#22 » by RNsteve » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:51 pm

Chainfire wrote:
whysoserious wrote:8-2 record....

I swear some of these knuckleheads would prefer us to be 2-8 if that meant bruno playing minutes :noway: :crazy: :nonono:

:banghead:

Yes. 8-2 despite how awful our backup front court is. If you honestly feel Tyler h is a good backup C..ah..*sigh* rather be knuckle head then a blind f.....

My point is make him on the active roster to try when we have blowouts. If that makes me a knuckle head.. :banghead:

So my apologies if you feel strongly that Fields offers the team more towards those 8 wins..
for_tdot
Pro Prospect
And1: 502

Post#23 » by for_tdot » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:56 pm

Free the Brazillian KD!!!!! My man Bruno Caboclo!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead:
Chriscross
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,190

Post#24 » by Chriscross » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:59 pm

for_tdot wrote:Free the Brazillian KD!!!!! My man Bruno Caboclo!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead:

Fortunately, we not tanking this time around

So no Bruno! Hooray!

:rockon:
Love List
Drazen Petrovic
Pete Maravich
Stephen Curry
Jusuf Nurkic
RNsteve
Banned User

Post#25 » by RNsteve » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:16 pm

As much as we would all like Bruno free, he's playing on a fairly packed wing. Its our frontcourt, namely the Center postion that is as thin as rice paper.
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,767

Post#26 » by Jadoogar » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:23 pm

Stop this. We're not tanking. Even in blowouts, it's better for the bench to develop chemistry rather than a couple of rookies who won't play. They'll get their chance but it's not now so please stop this stupidity
RNsteve
Banned User

Post#27 » by RNsteve » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:27 pm

So its better to have the magic chemistry that Landry freaking Fields brings to the bench and a flawed backup frontcourt then what?

Stop what? Are people dense to the fact that our 8-2 record is based on 5 lottery teams and one contender missing half their starting lineup?

Jesus people.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using RealGM Forums mobile app
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,500

Post#28 » by dagger » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:29 pm

kalel123 wrote:Nogueira shouldn't play ahead of Hansbrough/Patterson but I think Stiemsma and Hayes are the ones who belong in street clothes before Bebe.

They aren't playing either, so who the F cares?

Bebe will get his playing time when he is more ready, same for Bruno. We're 8-2 and winning does count for something now.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
RNsteve
Banned User

Post#29 » by RNsteve » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:31 pm

8-2 in spite of the backup front court. Not due to it...
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,645

Post#30 » by C_Money » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:32 pm

The question is why are Bruno and Bebe still on the team when the D League season started on Friday. Send their asses down so they can get playing time.
MEDIC
RealGM
And1: 8,978

Post#31 » by MEDIC » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:41 pm

ruckus wrote: Bebe and Bruno are long-term pieces.........

Exactly. They are going to be developed behind the scene until they show they are ready for Prime time.

Once they show they are ready we will let go one of the vets & they will take their minutes.

That is the way a good, winning franchise is supposed to operate.

Many Raps fans have gotten used to force feeding a young player minutes on a bad team. Our franchise was one of the worst in the league for such a long period of time.

We are trying to make some noise this year. That means the raw players sit.
* Props to the man, the myth, the legend......TZ.
Lateral Quicks
RealGM
And1: 16,411

Post#32 » by Lateral Quicks » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:48 pm

C_Money wrote:The question is why are Bruno and Bebe still on the team when the D League season started on Friday. Send their asses down so they can get playing time.

I would guess it's because they're very focused right now on building their bodies and getting them acclimated to the North American lifestyle (including language training). It's much easier to those things under the watchful eye of your own professional trainers/staff.
Nick Nurse recounting his first meeting with Kawhi:
“We could have gone forever. (Raptors management) kept knocking on the door and I was like, ‘A couple more minutes.’ Because we were really into it."
dTox
RealGM
And1: 15,599

Post#33 » by dTox » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:52 pm

Joker wrote:
dTox wrote:Casey sees everyone of his players perform during practice, hell of a lot more than what we see in game action, the minutes are likely an indication of their performance/ability during those practices. I am also attributing Val sitting out big chunks of 4th Q to the same reasoning.

Yeah, Casey runs a strict meritocracy. It's why he gave Rudy Gay such a primary role in our offense.

In all fairness, Gay has been a better scorer than any of our wings. It blew up in Casey's face when he had 2 wings who can't shoot 3's and no stretch bigs either.
TBZ for the win
Chainfire
Freshman
And1: 125

Post#34 » by Chainfire » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:02 pm

RNsteve wrote:
Chainfire wrote:

I swear some of these knuckleheads would prefer us to be 2-8 if that meant bruno playing minutes :noway: :crazy: :nonono:

Yes. 8-2 despite how awful our backup front court is. If you honestly feel Tyler h is a good backup C..ah..*sigh* rather be knuckle head then a blind f.....

My point is make him on the active roster to try when we have blowouts. If that makes me a knuckle head.. :banghead:

So my apologies if you feel strongly that Fields offers the team more towards those 8 wins..

Our front court is troublesome but a 19 year old rookie from Brazil won't add much to the mix. This kid isn't going to develop that much from 2 minutes of garbage time anyways (needs to spend some time in D-league) and say what you want about Fields but we know that at least he can defend and do the dirty work.
Chainfire
Freshman

Post#35 » by Chainfire » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:03 pm

MEDIC wrote:
ruckus wrote: Bebe and Bruno are long-term pieces.........

Exactly. They are going to be developed behind the scene until they show they are ready for Prime time.

Once they show they are ready we will let go one of the vets & they will take their minutes.

That is the way a good, winning franchise is supposed to operate.

Many Raps fans have gotten used to force feeding a young player minutes on a bad team. Our franchise was one of the worst in the league for such a long period of time.

We are trying to make some noise this year. That means the raw players sit.

So much this!
RNsteve
Banned User

Post#36 » by RNsteve » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:14 pm

...again...we are so freaking thin at the C...

...so somehow having fields at the end if the bench is better then a young center who can play at backup C..

God we won't make noise with this frontcourt. The deck of cards the team has built due to a soft opening schedule is going fall around them. Did you not watch and see what the bulls did to TH/Patterson? What Boston's frontcourt did to them? Seriously..its not a good or even decent backup combo. All this fluff about how good teams operate, and how record is...its all simply short sighted.

Truthrising
RealGM
And1: 7,967

Post#37 » by Truthrising » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:17 pm

Stop guys. We are not tanking this year. it'd be different if this was a rebuilding team but right now our aim is to win a championship and the way the season is going so far..it within sight. As long as you realize the better you are off from not having a panic attack.
Masai's to do list
Trade - Ibaka
RNsteve
Banned User

Post#38 » by RNsteve » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:19 pm

Stop what? Seeing how bad the backup frontcourt is?

Chainfire
Freshman

Post#39 » by Chainfire » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:19 pm

RNsteve wrote:...again...we are so freaking thin at the C...

...so somehow having fields at the end if the bench is better then a young center who can play at backup C..

God we won't make noise with this frontcourt. The deck of cards the team has built due to a soft opening schedule is going fall around them. Did you not watch and see what the bulls did to TH/Patterson? What Boston's frontcourt did to them? Seriously..its not a good or even decent backup combo. All this fluff about how good teams operate, and how record is...its all simply short sighted.

A strong wind would knock Bruno over...lol...him versus other c's is laughable. Bruno isn't a center...you must be talking about BeBe
RaptorNews
RealGM
And1: 23,156

Post#40 » by RaptorNews » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:22 pm

Centre Court wrote:
Chainfire wrote:

Just this.

So since we have a good record, the team shouldn't try to improve?

Return to Toronto Raptors