ImageImageImageImageImage

Raps Respect from Aldridge on NBA GameTime

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

ZeriousLy
Lead Assistant
And1: 775

Re: Raps Respect from Aldridge on NBA GameTime 

Post#21 » by ZeriousLy » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:08 pm

If I weren't a Raptors fan I would be pretty annoyed also
TorontoRapture
Sixth Man
And1: 978

Post#22 » by TorontoRapture » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:09 pm

We're the Internet equivalent of a Floridian on bath salts. Get in our way and we'll eat your face.
EJaggit
Starter
And1: 2,328

Post#23 » by EJaggit » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:16 pm

simple_jack wrote:
Green Backpack wrote:Raptors fans are kind of like that over protective/jealous/worrying girlfriend that you hate

Yea people need to calm down.

We don't need to force our success down everyones throat.

Let the winning take care of everything. Stop going to other boards and talking about how good our team is.

I don't agree necessarily. Everything they give us has an asterisk beside it. All we work for is discredited for something else man... Us winning 3 championships would be equal to us winning 1 in the American medias eye, they'd say alot of BS.
Hue Durant
Banned User
And1: 4,342

Post#24 » by Hue Durant » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:20 pm

i **** thought this was gonna be about lamarcus and how he's signing here next year..
WigginsPlease
Banned User
And1: 96

Post#25 » by WigginsPlease » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:32 pm

we are sensitive fans.....don't believe, look at many of our threads on RealGM.

I hope the next level for Raptors fan is sensitive to CONFIDENT!!

Confident people don't need others to like them. We know we're the **** and that's all that matters!
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,218

Post#26 » by LLJ » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:36 pm

I'll say this though. Ever since their inception, Raptors fans have had to put up with being second class fans in a hockey town. No matter how good the team got (obviously in modest terms), the Leafs always got more attention, higher reported TV ratings, better coverage, etc,. We've had to put up with media obviously born from a much older era, who don't really speak to today's generation of Toronto sports fans. That's enough to instill a decades-long sense of resentment and insecurity in Raptors fans even beyond the "usual" insecurity of a Torontonian.

Raptors fans are an enthusiastic bunch because they feel like they need to be, especially in this city.

So I totally get the overcompensation. That's not me, personally (I could be a better cheerer when I go to Raptors games, I admit), but I'm not unsympathetic to Raptors fans who feel like they need to be louder than the next guy.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,464

Post#27 » by Raps in 4 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:40 pm

simple_jack wrote:
Green Backpack wrote:Raptors fans are kind of like that over protective/jealous/worrying girlfriend that you hate

Let the winning take care of everything. Stop going to other boards and talking about how good our team is.

No
Rejected
Veteran
And1: 2,741

Post#28 » by Rejected » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:50 pm

Well, if people are non-stop **** with these peoples twitters, like guys, calm down. Winning is great, but lets not piss everyone off about it.
ghuytro
RealGM
And1: 1,050

Post#29 » by ghuytro » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:00 pm

Tyrone Slothrop wrote:Inferiority complex of being fans of Canadian team in US based league + Inferiority complex of being basketball fans in a hockey city + years of watching bad basketball teams = super sensitive fan base.

This isn't about the US media as much as it's about the top of the food chain of basketball coverage - who happens to be in the United States - not covering the team the way they would any other team with similar success.

It constantly pisses me off that people position it as some kind of Canadian inferiority thing. It isn't. At least for me it isn't but I can't speak for others.

The reason they don't cover us is because we are a historically worst NBA team (bottom 5 record all time) and the general perception that we don't have fans so no one will notice anyway.

They're in the business of creating narratives that generate eyeballs that generate revenue. They're now realizing that they're going to have to cover and sell us. They just haven't figured out how to do it yet.
hell_razor
Banned User
And1: 4,567

Post#30 » by hell_razor » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:00 pm

Rejected wrote:Well, if people are non-stop **** with these peoples twitters, like guys, calm down. Winning is great, but lets not piss everyone off about it.

true story

I also noticed some fans here like to post a lot in other teams forums..it's like kind of intruding and annoying
Hoopstarr
RealGM
And1: 10,192

Post#31 » by Hoopstarr » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:03 pm

And on top of the insensitive reputation we added this massively inferiority complex driven We The North campaign. Our fans are not the best in the league, they're the most incessant and annoying. The best fans would still be the Blazers, Kings, Thunder, or Warriors.
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,218

Post#32 » by LLJ » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:03 pm

hell_razor wrote:
Rejected wrote:Well, if people are non-stop **** with these peoples twitters, like guys, calm down. Winning is great, but lets not piss everyone off about it.

true story

I also noticed some fans here like to post a lot in other teams forums..it's like kind of intruding and annoying

Yeah, I'm not down with that either. Stick to the Raptors board or the General Board if you must gloat, but don't go bugging other team's forums, especially to needle or gloat.
ghuytro
RealGM
And1: 1,050

Post#33 » by ghuytro » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:04 pm

Hoopstarr wrote:And on top of the insensitive reputation we added this massively inferiority complex driven We The North campaign. Our fans are not the best in the league. That would still be the Blazers, Thunder, or Warriors.

Ok.

We have evidence of fans travelling to Cleveland and making a lot of noise.

Given the confidence of your statement - should be easy for you to dig up something similar for these teams right?
limsaanity_
Junior
And1: 497

Post#34 » by limsaanity_ » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:13 pm

EJaggit wrote:
simple_jack wrote:

I don't agree necessarily. Everything they give us has an asterisk beside it. All we work for is discredited for something else man... Us winning 3 championships would be equal to us winning 1 in the American medias eye, they'd say alot of BS.

Come on guys, who cares. Isn't this what the "We The North" campaign is all about? **** em. We don't need the American media, we know we're legit.
TorontoRapture
Sixth Man
And1: 978

Post#35 » by TorontoRapture » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:15 pm

We're the craziest damn fan base in the nba, so whatever the reason is for us being the best there is, it's working! #wethenorth
Tofubeque
RealGM
And1: 14,191

Post#36 » by Tofubeque » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:49 pm

1) It's called caring about our team. Can't fault us for that.

2) The way the NBA media allocates national coverage for its teams before every season is a joke. The Raptors and Grizzlies have what, 3 combined national television games this year? For the two best teams in the league. We could meet in the Finals and the casual audience would have no idea who we are. We're barely even a surprise team, we were projected by most to be top-3. I understand the Lakers will get more games even when they suck, but this is ridiculous. With no national games for their networks to promote, talking heads are further discouraged from giving us, the 1st place team, coverage. I'd say we have a right to complain.

I'm not even someone who goes to spam journalists on twitter or anything, but Aldridge and Lowe calling us sensitive sounds to me like "man these Raptors fans, always caring about the Raptors. They want us to improve on our zero coverage of them! The nerve!"
props Turbozone
TOStateofMind
RealGM
And1: 21,342

Post#37 » by TOStateofMind » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:54 pm

We're the most sensitive, most passionate and craziest.
PD28
General Manager
And1: 13,476

Post#38 » by PD28 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:56 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:
simple_jack wrote:

No

Lol this guy changed his favourite team from LA to Cleveland to Toronto. Enjoy your stay however long that is!

Pooh_Jeter
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,648

Post#39 » by Pooh_Jeter » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:58 pm

Man, it really hurts to be called sensitive like that. If only there was a way for my fellow Raptors fans to show support for me.
alienchild wrote:Again, I hope the basketball gods give us the 14th pick in the draft. I hope OG asks for a trade, Birch signs elsewhere and GTJ signs an offer sheet and Raptors don't match. Frankly Masai is dead to me.
simple_jack
General Manager
And1: 17,593

Post#40 » by simple_jack » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:03 pm

PD28 wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:
simple_jack wrote:

No

Lol this guy changed his favourite team from LA to Cleveland to Toronto. Enjoy your stay however long that is!

The worse type of fans.

They're the ones making us all look bad too

Return to Toronto Raptors