ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: James Johnson IS the North Part 2

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

JackedFinancier
Starter
And1: 3,902

Re: PG: James Johnson IS the North Part 2 

Post#421 » by JackedFinancier » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:04 pm

Couple of notes:

I don't like how the fans are boasting the Canadian flag around at the games. We shouldn't make this a USA vs. Canada battle. This is about the Toronto Raptors vs. the rest of the NBA. I realize we're in Canada but it just doesn't sit right with me seeing the fans in Detroit waving the Canadian flag around. I absolutely love the energy that they brought and think it's incredible what they did - that was just a small caveat though.

Also - I think Fields has a place on this team going forward. He's a great backup defender and has proven valuable during this stretch without Demar.
MiltonBaller
Senior
And1: 490

Post#422 » by MiltonBaller » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:21 pm

JackedFinancier wrote:Couple of notes:

I don't like how the fans are boasting the Canadian flag around at the games. We shouldn't make this a USA vs. Canada battle. This is about the Toronto Raptors vs. the rest of the NBA. I realize we're in Canada but it just doesn't sit right with me seeing the fans in Detroit waving the Canadian flag around. I absolutely love the energy that they brought and think it's incredible what they did - that was just a small caveat though.

Also - I think Fields has a place on this time going forward. He's a great backup defender and has proven valuable during this stretch without Demar.

We`re an NBA team based in Canada. Like it or not, we are different, some of it good, some of it bad.

I for one will not apologize for what I am, I could care less if they find it offensive. I personally don`t care if Americans wave American flags in the ACC, in fact I would encourage it, at least I know that person believes in something and is willing to stand up for it. Too many wishy-washy people in this country.

End rant :lol:
xIverson03x
Senior
And1: 661

Post#423 » by xIverson03x » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:28 pm

Macho wrote:Go to 3:30 for the full bench reaction http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/2014/1 ... p4-3469184

Hansbrough's facial expression :lol: best bench reaction ever.

Lmao the full reaction cracks me up everytime. Amir sliding on the floor, TRoss screaming, Hansbro's expression, Kyle waiting for a handshake it seems, JV holding everyone back...and Vasquez in serious mode :lol:
Kibago
Rookie
And1: 491

Post#424 » by Kibago » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:35 pm

Also - I think Fields has a place on this time going forward. He's a great backup defender and has proven valuable during this stretch without Demar.

I find the flag silly (Toronto Raptors, not Canada Raptors; they belong to our city) but it's a million times less dumb than the U-S-A chants Canadian teams occasionally face. Unless the fans in those other arenas are just cheering for Lowry, DeRozan, Amir, Ross... :lol: :lol: :lol:
kingcns187
Senior
And1: 648

Post#425 » by kingcns187 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:11 am

LLJ wrote:
UrbanSilverback wrote:
raptrocious wrote:Image

Just posted on JJ's ig

http://instagram.com/broke_3/

Oh Snap! The disrespect, but I love it!

The Pistons organization allowed the fans to come down and take a pic. Give them credit, it was a classy gesture. It's not like 50 or so fans sneaked down for a picture and shat on their court.

hands down, detroit/auburn hills has the nicest people I have ever met. The hotel and stadium staff were so nice. We met some random guy at hoops and on the shuttle to the game gave us row A seats in front of the raps bench.
Bankai
RealGM
And1: 26,487

Post#426 » by Bankai » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:17 am

raptors2019 wrote:
dbhoops wrote:Image

Love this photo!!!

We The North!? New Slogan:

Dont F*** with Chuck!
underdog33
Lead Assistant
And1: 355

Post#427 » by underdog33 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:02 am

simple_jack wrote:So it looks like Amir is hitting one of Captain Lou's twins :lol:

[instagram]http://instagram.com/p/w0Hpy8sDNR/[/instagram]

Caption: 21-6 Another win Raptors #15 *kisses*

Developing Rumour: Lou actually has three girlfriends because the twins rotate
O'neal and Moon 4 Life
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,783
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#428 » by Boogie! » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:57 am

MiltonBaller wrote:

We`re an NBA team based in Canada. Like it or not, we are different, some of it good, some of it bad.

I for one will not apologize for what I am, I could care less if they find it offensive. I personally don`t care if Americans wave American flags in the ACC, in fact I would encourage it, at least I know that person believes in something and is willing to stand up for it. Too many wishy-washy people in this country.

End rant :lol:

Seriously, Americans are some of the most patriotic to he point of arrogant, ignorant, intolerant people around, and people are worried about bringing a Canadian flag to games because they think it's offensive? **** that ****... Weren't the Brooklyn fans chanting USA last year? Yeah seriously, **** that ****... I say rep canada all day erryday. We the north and all that ****.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
Bankai
RealGM
And1: 26,487

Post#429 » by Bankai » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:05 am

Anyone find it a little funny that while all the pushing and shoving was going on, Jennings was at the score table laughing and chatting it up with the Raptors bench? Lol he wishes he was a Raptor right now.
Boogie!
RealGM

Post#430 » by Boogie! » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:14 am

Bankai wrote:Anyone find it a little funny that while all the pushing and shoving was going on, Jennings was at the score table laughing and chatting it up with the Raptors bench? Lol he wishes he was a Raptor right now.

That's not even a joke. Dude would sign here for the vet min just so he could hang with drake on the regular.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
m83588333
Analyst
And1: 1,383

Post#431 » by m83588333 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:20 am

Boogie! wrote:
Bankai wrote:Anyone find it a little funny that while all the pushing and shoving was going on, Jennings was at the score table laughing and chatting it up with the Raptors bench? Lol he wishes he was a Raptor right now.

That's not even a joke. Dude would sign here for the vet min just so he could hang with drake on the regular.

If Toronto loses Lou next season. Henning would be a great replacement.
Using Tapatalk
DemarEvolution
Pro Prospect
And1: 918

Post#432 » by DemarEvolution » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:58 am

CptLouHefner wrote:
Boogie! wrote:
CptLouHefner wrote:
Somebody seriously needs to do a Lou Hefner photoshop. I want this nickname to be plastered all over twitter, too lol.

on it… gimme a link to a bigger version of your avatar...

Here's the pic:

http://clubzone.com/content/uploads/2014/04/lou.jpg

Here's who he aspires to be lol:

http://cache.johnchow.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Playboy_Mansion_297.jpg

whose the one on the right?
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,500

Post#433 » by dagger » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:13 am

Apparently, according to a Detroit Pistons blog, James Johnson, despite saying in post-game interviews that the hit he took from Drummond was part of the game, was seen lingering around the loading dock waiting for Drummond to get dressed. But teammates gathered him up and put him on the bus.

Things might have gotten really ugly. For Andre. (And suspension-wise for JJ).
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
Danchan
Banned User
And1: 3,250

Post#434 » by Danchan » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:30 am

UnderdogRaptors wrote:Bc was right for not drafting bitch ass Drummond

He probably died. Kind of a stupid thing to do. Looks like a wild elephant
Stolen Identity
Veteran
And1: 4,010

Post#435 » by Stolen Identity » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:36 am

Danchan wrote:
UnderdogRaptors wrote:Bc was right for not drafting bitch ass Drummond

He probably died. Kind of a stupid thing to do. Looks like a wild elephant

Fortunate enough, he lived.

Full video.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITv0cqshrH0[/youtube]
Stuck in Dystopia.
Boogie!
RealGM

Post#436 » by Boogie! » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:37 am

dagger wrote:Apparently, according to a Detroit Pistons blog, James Johnson, despite saying in post-game interviews that the hit he took from Drummond was part of the game, was seen lingering around the loading dock waiting for Drummond to get dressed. But teammates gathered him up and put him on the bus.

jj is still crazy.
Clementine9
RealGM
And1: 26,001

Post#437 » by Clementine9 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:40 am

Boogie! wrote:
dagger wrote:Apparently, according to a Detroit Pistons blog, James Johnson, despite saying in post-game interviews that the hit he took from Drummond was part of the game, was seen lingering around the loading dock waiting for Drummond to get dressed. But teammates gathered him up and put him on the bus.

jj is still crazy.

Cocked that joint back and banged on em
Lateral Quicks wrote:Gradually JV's minutes will approach zero at the same time his points and rebounds approach infinity - a statistical singularity, if you will. Shrewd move from Nurse.
Thesachman19
Pro Prospect
And1: 450

Post#438 » by Thesachman19 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:18 am

Clementine9 wrote:
Boogie! wrote:

jj is still crazy.

Cocked that joint back and banged on em

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3v-Dk60_WE[/youtube]
http://www.raptorscage.ca
facebook.com/RaptorsCage
@RaptorsCage
rarefind
RealGM
And1: 10,055

Post#439 » by rarefind » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:04 pm

Posted my experience on the Pistons board, they should be concerned about this with their security/players.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1362110
CptLouHefner
Banned User
And1: 243
Location: Somewhere getting suspended for trolling the garbage ass Knicks team.

Post#440 » by CptLouHefner » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:19 pm

kingcns187 wrote:
LLJ wrote:
UrbanSilverback wrote:Oh Snap! The disrespect, but I love it!

The Pistons organization allowed the fans to come down and take a pic. Give them credit, it was a classy gesture. It's not like 50 or so fans sneaked down for a picture and shat on their court.

hands down, detroit/auburn hills has the nicest people I have ever met. The hotel and stadium staff were so nice. We met some random guy at hoops and on the shuttle to the game gave us row A seats in front of the raps bench.

I thought this was pretty disrespectful to be honest. I wonder how this board would have reacted if a group of Americans came on our court and took a group pic with their flags? lol.

Return to Toronto Raptors