ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Official RealGM Hoopdome Meet Up [VOTE FOR WHICH WEEKEND]

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Which weekend?

February 14, 15
17%
February 21, 22
9%
February 28, March 1st
30%
March 7, 8
4%
March 14, 15
No votes
March 21, 22
No votes
Match 28, 29
9%
Even further than that
30%

Total votes: 23

rapz**7**
Bench Warmer
And1: 281

OT: RealGM basketball meetup? [POLL UP TO DECIDE DATE] 

Post#41 » by rapz**7** » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:09 am

I'd be down to watch a game at a bar...more of a coach than a player but I could hold my own if need be

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Drakeem
Sixth Man
And1: 2,045

Re: OT: RealGM basketball meetup? [POLL UP TO DECIDE DATE] 

Post#42 » by Drakeem » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:13 am

rapz**7** wrote:I'd be down to watch a game at a bar...more of a coach than a player but I could hold my own if need be

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

This is gonna be pick up runs most probably at Hoop Dome.
balleramil wrote:My Summer by Jarrett Jack

The one thing you don't know about our team is...
At practice we play freeze tag
Drakeem
Sixth Man

Post#43 » by Drakeem » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:27 pm

bump

jonazzz
Junior
And1: 542

Post#44 » by jonazzz » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:49 pm

I'm probably better than 99% of you. (For real!)

Not sure who undefeated is, but I'm very curious.
BramptonYute
Head Coach
And1: 8,677

Post#45 » by BramptonYute » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:50 pm

jonazzz wrote:I'm probably better than 99% of you. (For real!)

1v1 irl breh

maybe i'd make the trip down to toronto one day.
jonazzz
Junior

Post#46 » by jonazzz » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:12 pm

Nored wrote:

1v1 irl breh

Stats?
Undefeated
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,105

Re: OT: RealGM basketball meetup? 

Post#47 » by Undefeated » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:02 pm

TheDunc wrote:Whats you're game like?

Im a 6'3 white boy with good length but no hops, i can shoot it a bit and pass it pretty good but cant break down my man cause my handles suck. Decent post game though

I prefer to let my game speak for itself. I found out that when most guys evaluate their game it's not very accurate which is why I stay away from describing my game lol.

If you guys can make 3 3s in a row from 5 spots (corner-wing-top-wing-corner) and 5 in a row back from the same spots in 3 minutes I'll know who can shoot. I've never got all the way back hitting 5 in a row and neither can most NBA players, so whoever can do that you're an elite shooter. My personal best is 5 in a row back from the second last spot and average usually around 5 in a row up top.

Not to sound cocky, but I'm confident I'll beat you all because I train every single day that I highly doubt most people here do. I'm always at the Markham Y in the morning so if anyone wants to link up to train with my buddy and I I'll put you through our regiment to see what it's like.
Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?" - Jesus Shuttlesworth
BramptonYute
Head Coach

Post#48 » by BramptonYute » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:03 pm

jonazzz wrote:
Nored wrote:

1v1 irl breh

Stats?

Good.
BramptonYute
Head Coach

Post#49 » by BramptonYute » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:04 pm

Undefeated wrote:

Im a 6'3 white boy with good length but no hops, i can shoot it a bit and pass it pretty good but cant break down my man cause my handles suck. Decent post game though

I prefer to let my game speak for itself. I found out that when most guys evaluate their game it's not very accurate which is why I stay away from describing my game lol.

If you guys can make 3 3s in a row from 5 spots (corner-wing-top-wing-corner) and 5 in a row back from the same spots in 3 minutes I'll know who can shoot. I've never got all the way back hitting 5 in a row and neither can most NBA players, so whoever can do that you're an elite shooter. My personal best is 5 in a row back from the second last spot and average usually around 5 in a row up top.

Not to sound cocky, but I'm confident I'll beat you all because I train every single day that I highly doubt most people here do. I'm always at the Markham Y in the morning so if anyone wants to link up to train with me and my buddy I'll put you through our regiment to see what it's like.

What do you do for a living?

Just curious, cause I would love to be able to play ball everyday.
Undefeated
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,105

Post#50 » by Undefeated » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:06 pm

Nored wrote:What do you do for a living?

I'm still in school lol

I just wake up early to train
Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?" - Jesus Shuttlesworth
BramptonYute
Head Coach

Post#51 » by BramptonYute » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:07 pm

Undefeated wrote:
Nored wrote:What do you do for a living?

I'm still in school lol

I just wake up early to train

Damn.

Im in school too, but I would never get up earlier than I have to lol

Usually just play when the school year ends.
TheDunc
Head Coach
And1: 1,275

Post#52 » by TheDunc » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:57 pm

Undefeated wrote:

Not to sound cocky, but I'm confident I'll beat you all because I train every single day that I highly doubt most people here do. I'm always at the Markham Y in the morning so if anyone wants to link up to train with me and my buddy I'll put you through our regiment to see what it's like.

You can be confident if you train every single day. I'd expect you to whoop everybody here on RealGm from the way it sounds. Im a decent shooter but my range is from 19-20 feet and i can definitely make 4-5 shots in a row from different spots but i can also easily miss 4-5 shots in a rowl, im a streaky shooter but when i get going i can hit from anywhere except the damn corner's. I used to play everyday in my young days but now i play 10-15 times a year max. I never played basketball seriously because im just too damn slow and my hops suck so that discouraged me from playing ball seriously. Im headed for work in Alberta and there's inside basketball courts on site so im pretty anxious to start playing ball again

How tall are you and what's you're vertical like?
pbj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22,757

Post#53 » by pbj » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:15 pm

Yeah I'd come out, voted for 'next month'

If you wanna do hoopdome, might consider renting out the court. It's like $100 per hour. If that covers admission (not sure) that pretty much pays for itself, otherwise there's no way we'd get the court time.
Drakeem
Sixth Man

Post#54 » by Drakeem » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:57 pm

Undefeated would look like Durant vs College kids against some of us :lol:

pbj wrote:Yeah I'd come out, voted for 'next month'

If you wanna do hoopdome, might consider renting out the court. It's like $100 per hour. If that covers admission (not sure) that pretty much pays for itself, otherwise there's no way we'd get the court time.

Because it seems like we have enough people and it looks like we're doing it a while from now, we can most definitely think about renting a court. Not sure how to go about it tho cause I've never rented a court out.

RonaldArtest
General Manager
And1: 12,531

Post#55 » by RonaldArtest » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:59 pm

Beer and age have been cruel to me so I can't ball anymore, but I'd be down to ref. People say I'm like a poor man's version of Tony Brothers.
Agimat
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,896

Post#56 » by Agimat » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:59 pm

Lets do it fam!! My game is in the mold of players like Ridnour, Landry Fields and Hansborough. Scary huh! lol
Macho
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,422

Post#57 » by Macho » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:08 pm

I've put on 25 pounds since my basketball days and can barely run anymore so how bout we change the location to a strip club.
Drakeem
Sixth Man

Post#58 » by Drakeem » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:08 pm

Undefeated wrote:

Not to sound cocky, but I'm confident I'll beat you all because I train every single day that I highly doubt most people here do. I'm always at the Markham Y in the morning so if anyone wants to link up to train with my buddy and I I'll put you through our regiment to see what it's like.

Too late tbh :lol:

Berserk_Raptor
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,744

Post#59 » by Berserk_Raptor » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:14 pm

i wish i could, but i dont live in canada :/
@raptor21_85
jonazzz
Junior

Post#60 » by jonazzz » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:16 pm

Let's get 4 teams divided equally and do a mini tournament. Each team should have bench players too. We can do a random draw as well to pick the teams.

P.s As long as I'm not on the same team with undefeated... then I'm down or other wise it just won't be fair.

Return to Toronto Raptors