ImageImageImageImageImage

JJ Gave Up His Minutes for Ross

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

yassillio
Rookie
And1: 1,074

Re: JJ Gave Up His Minutes for Ross 

Post#41 » by yassillio » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:13 pm

Jv gave up his minutes to Handsbro
Leo: I tell players all the time
Clutch Carter
RealGM
And1: 71,878

Post#42 » by Clutch Carter » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:14 pm

How did JJ give up his minutes to Ross when Ross only played 20 minutes? From what I remember Casey Rode Vasquez 30 minutes that night not Ross, and Vasquez wasn't even playing well.
#FreeLRJ Offical 1,000,000 post crew:
Raptor95,Seanbig,Spykelee,ClutchCarter,aRapsFan4eva,KozRJC,MAS,Slowlydrowningme,bigdub,GQstylin

Hue Durant
Banned User
And1: 4,342

Post#43 » by Hue Durant » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:37 pm

conspiracy time
- Chuck hayes hasn't got a minute of playing time since questioning Casey's decisions publicly on twitter
- JJ hasn't got a minute of playing time since questioning Kyle Lowry publicly on twitter

conclusion - Dwane Casey is a moody little teenage girl who stalks her friends' social media accounts.
Raptorstorm
Sixth Man
And1: 1,029

Post#44 » by Raptorstorm » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:52 pm

pure stupidity.. Casey has to play whoever is best for the night.. screw developing excuse when he doesn't play rookies in garbage time even.. casey really foff..
"IN MASAI WE TRUST" 8-)
TheRaptor!
General Manager
And1: 5,548

Post#45 » by TheRaptor! » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:38 am

I_Like_Dirt wrote:
justinmacd wrote:Lou has been way under 40% shooting since the start of December. Throw in some lousy defense and you have a guy who is getting way too many minutes. JJ not playing is ridiculous. There are always minutes to go around.

The fg% is misleading in this case because Lou is still finding ways of scoring effectively by hitting 3s and drawing fts. His TS% for December was 54.6% and for January has been 54.4% so far. That's not superstar level for a guard like he was hitting in November, but is still pretty damn good. By contrast, Kemba Walker's TS% is 51.0%. Derrick Rose is sitting at 50.6%, and even at the height of his superstardom, his career high was 55.0%. Tony Parker is sitting at 55.2% on the season. Dwyane Wade, who is actually having a solid season offensively, is sitting at 55.2%. Kyle Lowry, on the season, is at 54.3%. Louis Williams doesn't offer much else, but when it comes to scoring, he keeps some pretty good company. His defense isn't great, but is still functional. He's been basically the equivalent of Jamal Crawford (55.0% TS% on the season so far) to the Clippers. The Raptors would only be hurting themselves by cutting his minutes. He's basically got the perfect role for himself as the 6th man.

And to top it off, Lou doesn't turn the ball over at all. The only Raptors who have a lower turnover% than Lou who also get regular rotation minutes are Ross and Patterson, basically guys who never dribble the ball. Being both efficient, high volume, and with low turnovers is the recipe for an excellent offensive player.

Fantastic response.

Some people just don't like to see scoring guards.

He does take a lot of annoying end of the quarter shots, but I bet the overall league percentage of those shots going in is not that high either.

Sometimes I wonder if he even likes to take those shots or if he was asked to by Casey.
Death Knight
RealGM
And1: 3,129

Post#46 » by Death Knight » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:56 am

We're supposed to believe Casey? This man spews so much garbage during postgames and practices. I do however understand keeping things in house. That's fine, but I have every right not to believe what Casey has to say, especially when he's defending his decision making.
gcsw
Starter
And1: 74

Post#47 » by gcsw » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:02 am

This is the most idiotic title someone could come up with from this interview. JJ did not give up his minutes. It was taken away from him. What else is he supposed to do? Fight the coach and demand a trade? He doesn't have that type of power.
Clutch Carter
RealGM
And1: 71,878

Post#48 » by Clutch Carter » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:08 am

Raptorstorm wrote:pure stupidity.. Casey has to play whoever is best for the night.. screw developing excuse when he doesn't play rookies in garbage time even.. casey really foff..

That's a good point. Development time is over... except when it isn't, but then the next night it's over again :lol:

Casey loves the double talk.
#FreeLRJ Offical 1,000,000 post crew:
Raptor95,Seanbig,Spykelee,ClutchCarter,aRapsFan4eva,KozRJC,MAS,Slowlydrowningme,bigdub,GQstylin

J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#49 » by J-Roc » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:30 am

You always hear athletes want to play all the time. That's their competitive spirit. Maybe JJ lacks motivation.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#50 » by J-Roc » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:37 am

In other news, Lou asked Casey not to draw up any end of clock plays.
Da1RealRapsFan
Banned User
And1: 1,522

JJ Gave Up His Minutes for Ross 

Post#51 » by Da1RealRapsFan » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:46 am

Classic case of fans who don't know a string from a bees dick ragging on Casey for **** they made up in their own heads.

Like drake not voting Lowry then people getting their period blood all over the living room. Then reports that he was told not to. So many people have to realize they know nothing of whts going on behind the scenes

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
alevirfe
Starter
And1: 1,683

Post#52 » by alevirfe » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:07 am

Sounds like you're trying to prove a point here. Looking way too far into one line of commentary IMO

Title should be changed, but it won't be because a mod made the thread. :crazy:
mintsa wrote: Yeah….the “new car smell” is starting to wear off with Scottie.

bongmarley wrote:I thought he was supposed to be an elite defender. He is horrible. On the perimeter he gets blown by everytime Its really bad
dballislife
RealGM
And1: 4,913

Post#53 » by dballislife » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:19 am

casey somehow managed to replace a struggling player in the starting lineup with some1 that might suck just as much if not more than...that i support casey thread should be fading out of our main page pretty soon
What is basketball.....basketball is life!
s e n s i
RealGM
And1: 3,560

Post#54 » by s e n s i » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:26 am

wait, so JJ approached casey and told him he would like to defer most of his minutes to ross, in some strange attempt to get him going? i can't say i've ever heard of such a thing. why isn't this on deadspin.
galacticos2 wrote:MLB needs to introduce an Amnesty clause. Bautista would be my first victim.

Bautista outplays his contract by more than $70 million over the next four seasons (2013-2016).
Volcano
RealGM
And1: 7,780

Post#55 » by Volcano » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:29 am

JJ sacrificed his minutes this game so Casey could develop Vasquez

Return to Toronto Raptors