ImageImageImageImageImage

Would James Johnson work as the starting PF?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Would you like to see this move happen?

Yes
65%
No
35%

Total votes: 17

traps#10
Head Coach
And1: 8,364

Would James Johnson work as the starting PF? 

Post#1 » by traps#10 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:06 am

Replace Amir with James Johnson? Would it be too crazy of an idea since Casey is determined to start Vasquez as the SG? i believe JJ has the size, mobility, and defensive instincts to be a starting PF. Bring Amir and PPat off the bench with Ross and Lou. I do like Hands energy but I rather give JJ minutes.

BTW hope Vasquez doesn't become the permanent starting SG cause it does seem Demar is struggling when the opposing bigger SF is guarding him. (trade Ross+Handsbro for a starting SF?)
jalenrose#5
Lead Assistant
And1: 266

Re: Would James Johnson work as the starting PF? 

Post#2 » by jalenrose#5 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:07 am

He's starting Lowry at SG and Vasquez is doing the majority of work as their point guard. He defends against other twos, which is another mistake too. But apparently Vasquez is Casey's guy for whatever reason.
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,416

Post#3 » by Tha Cynic » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:10 am

Why would you use him as a power forward when he's fine as a SF? The team already has enough PFs. In fact, they need to give more minutes to Valanciaunas.
Kobe Bryant: “You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
traps#10
Head Coach
And1: 8,364

Post#4 » by traps#10 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:13 am

It's very clear that Amir is slowing down quite rapidly cause of his ankles, one of the reasons why our starting unit is not effective is that we have two slow bigs, we know Val is our starting Center of the present and future but we surely need a more mobile PF, I think James Johnson can play that role if Casey doesn't want to start PPat and disrupt our bench too much.
hype_2004
RealGM
And1: 4,664

Post#5 » by hype_2004 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:27 am

JJ is on that lebron mode he creates mismatches, this stupid coach of ours just doesnt get it. If he used half his brain, he should be aware off JJs potential as a nightmare matchup due to his versatility.
BigCashRuthford
Senior
And1: 709

Post#6 » by BigCashRuthford » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:38 am

I don't care where James Johnson plays right now damn't! I don't care if he is mopping the floors. He needs more burn.

I think we can try him at the 4 against smaller Power Forwards and maybe against some of the perimeter stretch 4's. Also in some game situations as well. But I don't think starting him at PF is the right move as I don't think his defensive game is suited to stopping inside the paint.
Dwane Casey: "K guys were down 2 with 5 seconds left, what do we do?" "Run a backdoor cut for the easy two points?" "Your funny guys, that's ten laps, we Pound the Rock".
supra2k8
Starter
And1: 4,070

Post#7 » by supra2k8 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:58 am

I like patman at the 4 tbh
MS13
Veteran
And1: 4,496

Post#8 » by MS13 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:50 am

jalenrose#5 wrote:He's starting Lowry at SG and Vasquez is doing the majority of work as their point guard. He defends against other twos, which is another mistake too. But apparently Vasquez is Casey's guy for whatever reason.

Vasquez is the new "come hell or high water" guy
Ari_Emanuel
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,835

Post#9 » by Ari_Emanuel » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:19 pm

Yes! He's a long athletic 6'9" and weighs 250lbs. Doesn't mean he'll play 4 exclusively but this is the best way to get better defensivley in the front court AND find JJ more minutes. Amir is a little slow due to his ankles so let him play more time at the 5. Minutes for Lou/Ross/GV can be reduced and we'll be a better team for it.
neurotik wrote:
Raps Maniac wrote:
Risk101 wrote:Inb4 the ass jokes.

But that's his downside.

No thats his backside.

Lowry's upside is mental and psychological.

Return to Toronto Raptors