ImageImageImageImageImage

Like it or not, this is our team folks...

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

grumpwalter
Analyst
And1: 1,410

Re: Like it or not, this is our team folks... 

Post#61 » by grumpwalter » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:03 pm

Nils_the_Clean wrote:Masai's first year as GM = makes trades that culminated in an ALL TIME BEST season record.

He made a good trades? Or did his trade partners make stupid trades (I think it's more of the 2nd)
Next year = acquires pieces without giving away ANYTHING. Raptors are on track for 50+ wins for the first time in franchise history.

You mean Lou Williams, another inefficient shooter when we already have tons of them.
Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,370

Post#62 » by Hero » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:05 pm

OP : I don't like it. We should have made a trade. It's not looking promising at all.
grumpwalter
Analyst

Post#63 » by grumpwalter » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:06 pm

RaptorsFTL wrote:
changes wrote:Ujiri is so overrated on this board it's nauseating. Almost as nauseating as how overrated Colangelo was through his first few years. And as with Colangelo, people predict some magical moves that will take this franchise to the next level this or next offseason, even though he has shown absolutely nothing to suggest he is capable of such moves.

Rudy Gay, Bargnani, John Salmons.

Low risk moves with high rewards. That's a great GM.

Anyone comparing to retool every offseason with ridiculous signings for useless players, to a guy who doesn't rock the boat, makes simple but innocent moves without any true risk, and he has shown nothing.

Are people actually idiotic? Do you think you go from 48 wins to championship in a season with key pieces all 25 or under?

come on David Kahn could have easily done those moves too.
Steelo Green
RealGM
And1: 24,811

Post#64 » by Steelo Green » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:07 pm

grumpwalter wrote:
RaptorsFTL wrote:
changes wrote:Ujiri is so overrated on this board it's nauseating. Almost as nauseating as how overrated Colangelo was through his first few years. And as with Colangelo, people predict some magical moves that will take this franchise to the next level this or next offseason, even though he has shown absolutely nothing to suggest he is capable of such moves.

Rudy Gay, Bargnani, John Salmons.

Anyone comparing to retool every offseason with ridiculous signings for useless players, to a guy who doesn't rock the boat, makes simple but innocent moves without any true risk, and he has shown nothing.

Are people actually idiotic? Do you think you go from 48 wins to championship in a season with key pieces all 25 or under?

Oh so you're just a troll.

Got it.
grumpwalter
Analyst

Post#65 » by grumpwalter » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:08 pm

RaptorsFTL wrote:
grumpwalter wrote:
RaptorsFTL wrote:Rudy Gay, Bargnani, John Salmons.

Got it.

So having other GMs making stupid moves makes our GM good

Got it.
Big Shot
Analyst
And1: 690

Post#66 » by Big Shot » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:08 pm

Don't worry. I heard big changes are coming in the summer.
Steelo Green
RealGM
And1: 24,811

Post#67 » by Steelo Green » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:10 pm

grumpwalter wrote:
RaptorsFTL wrote:
grumpwalter wrote:

Got it.

Got it.

If you were Masai, and God forbid you ever leave your McDonalds job and do something even remotely leadership oriented, what would you have done?

Please, enlighten me.
grumpwalter
Analyst

Post#68 » by grumpwalter » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:10 pm

Big Shot wrote:Don't worry. I heard big changes are coming in the summer.

I'm skeptical. I'll believe it when I see it.
grumpwalter
Analyst

Post#69 » by grumpwalter » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:20 pm

RaptorsFTL wrote:
grumpwalter wrote:
RaptorsFTL wrote:

Got it.

Got it.

If you were Masai, and God forbid you ever leave your McDonalds job and do something even remotely leadership oriented, what would you have done?

Please, enlighten me.

I would have Waived Salmons and saved the $$ from his non-guaranteed contract
Let Vasquez walk and brought back Nando
I would have kept my mouth shut about that whole f*** brooklyn nonsense
and I would have done those trades like the Bargnani trade, even though Masai was the one on our side doing it, it had more to do with the other team making a stupid move. If someone like David Kahn was offered that exact same Bargnani trade from Dolan, 10 times out of 10 he accepts it. The only GM that wouldn't accept that trade is Bryan Colangelo since his #1 priority is covering his butt.

Please enlighten me on how those trades were not Masai getting lucky.
RealGM
And1: 66,545

Post#70 » by 720 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:46 pm

We don't play the right brand of basketball but at the same time when we're on, we're really on. I just have this feeling that by playoff time everyone will pick it up. I know that's wishful thinking but there really is nothing else we can hope for at this point.
changes
Head Coach
And1: 9,124

Post#71 » by changes » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:58 pm

VC720 wrote:We don't play the right brand of basketball but at the same time when we're on, we're really on.

When they are really on they are doing the same thing with the exception that their shots go in. For example, Lowry is jacking the same dumb pull up 3s, Derozan is jacking the same long 2s, etc, and the team still lacks talent. There is nothing about their style that will translate into playoff success. They might beat Milwaukee in the first round though.
Danchan
Banned User
And1: 3,250

Post#72 » by Danchan » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:15 pm

Tha Cynic wrote:Lowry, Derozan and Williams are not this inefficient. Casey just doesn't know how to use his guards in a structured offense, which leads to these guys having terrible efficiency numbers. I see threads every day bashing the guards, which is why I bash Casey in every thread. He's the reason these guys have such terrible efficiency. He has his guards playing like they're playing street-ball, while the bigs are simply there to either rebound and put it back in, or kick it back out like it's practice.

Lol the denial. When all else fails, blame the coach.

Derozan is shooting exactly the same type of shots he was last season. He's just inconsistent and not making them this year.

A lot of us thought derozan should just get less touches and be selective with his shot he'd he fine. Turns out everyone was wrong. Instead going going 8/19 he get these 5/14 games.

When will people realize he will never be an opportunistic offensive player because he can't beat his man off the dribble. And that (not taking what the defense is giving him, and shooting the same shots every game) makes him an inconsistent player that can never be relied on.
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,064

Post#73 » by Indeed » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:20 pm

I think it is by design that we want our guards to shoot from range. We definitely like them to score at rims, but we don't have the spacing. The other way to score at rim is by transition, which is not as often as earlier of the season.

Perhaps we should focus more about shot location instead of FG%.
Last night's game:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/box ... 40DAL.html
mintsa
Head Coach
And1: 3,745

Post#74 » by mintsa » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:28 pm

grumpwalter wrote:
Nils_the_Clean wrote:Masai's first year as GM = makes trades that culminated in an ALL TIME BEST season record.

He made a good trades? Or did his trade partners make stupid trades (I think it's more of the 2nd)
Next year = acquires pieces without giving away ANYTHING. Raptors are on track for 50+ wins for the first time in franchise history.

You mean Lou Williams, another inefficient shooter when we already have tons of them.

So your saying Masai didnt make good trades but the other GM's made bad ones ?? (isn't that one in the same ??)

Also Lou helped win games this year, John Salmons helped pass around gatorade (it was a great trade, or just a bad one for ATL, according to your logic?).

It seems that you really coming down hard on this 4 road games in 5 nights. We just did win 4 in a row before this road trip.
grumpwalter
Analyst

Post#75 » by grumpwalter » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:32 pm

mintsa wrote:
grumpwalter wrote:

So your saying Masai didnt make good trades but the other GM's made bad ones ?? (isn't that one in the same ??)

Also Lou helped win games this year, John Salmons helped pass around gatorade (it was a great trade, or just a bad one for ATL, according to your logic?).

It seems that you really coming down hard on this 4 road games in 5 nights. We just did win 4 in a row before this road trip.

Masai didn't make good trades but the other GMs made bad ones? dingdingdingdingdingding you are correct, and they are not one in the same, good trades are where a trade is made where both teams benefit, a gm making a bad trade means that the one getting the good deal got lucky. That's like saying it was skill when someone buys the winning lottery ticket.
mintsa
Head Coach
And1: 3,745

Post#76 » by mintsa » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:42 pm

grumpwalter wrote:
mintsa wrote:
grumpwalter wrote:He made a good trades? Or did his trade partners make stupid trades (I think it's more of the 2nd)

Masai didn't make good trades but the other GMs made bad ones? dingdingdingdingdingding you are correct, and they are not one in the same, good trades are where a trade is made where both teams benefit, a gm making a bad trade means that the one getting the good deal got lucky. That's like saying it was skill when someone buys the winning lottery ticket.

Good trades are trade where both teams win ???? This is the first I've heard of that. Maybe you should tell the Nets that logic so we can "re-do" the VC deal. Trades are trades man, its cut throat. Fleeced or get fleeced. Masai has gotten fleeced yet.
grumpwalter
Analyst

Post#77 » by grumpwalter » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:48 pm

mintsa wrote:
grumpwalter wrote:
mintsa wrote:

Good trades are trade where both teams win ???? This is the first I've heard of that. Maybe you should tell the Nets that logic so we can "re-do" the VC deal. Trades are trades man, its cut throat. Fleeced or get fleeced. Masai has gotten fleeced yet.

The Nets did get lucky with the VC trade though, heck any idiot would take that offer from us if they were the GM of the nets at the time, just like any idiot would have taken the package we got for Bargnani, there's a difference between making a good trade and getting lucky, like I said above, even David Kahn would take those trades 10 times out of 10.

Return to Toronto Raptors