ImageImageImageImageImage

OT - Xavier Rathan-Mayes scores 30 points in last 4:39

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

aminiaturebuddha
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,459

Re: OT - Xavier Rathan-Mayes scores 30 points in last 4:39 

Post#61 » by aminiaturebuddha » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:50 pm

He's had a very good season, and shown some PG skills, which is probably what he'll need to try to make the NBA. I don't think there's any way he tries to come out this year, so he's still got a year or two to work at it.

He seems like a similar player to fellow Canadian Olivier Hanlan, a good scoring SG who may be too small for the position at the NBA level and has also had to try to be more of a PG at Boston College. The thing that probably hurts XRM as a prospect is that, even though he's a freshman, he's only 1 year younger than Hanlan. Still, if he continues to improve his PG skills next year, he's got an outside shot.

He's one of 3 Canadian freshman that have been fairly impressive. Trey Lyles is obviously one of the other ones, and will likely be a mid 1st-round pick in the draft this spring. Dillon Brooks has also been quite good for a better-than-expected Oregon team. Another year of growth from him next year could also move him into draft consideration in a year or two, although he's got short arms and may be limited defensively at the next level.
Young_Buc
General Manager
And1: 9,130

Post#62 » by Young_Buc » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:15 pm

DemarEvolution wrote:
Young_Buc wrote:Reminds me a bit of Lou Williams. Raptors should give him a first round guarantee and send him to the d league.

Come on Buc, you're better than this. Gotta be optimistic man :D

Love my GTA ballers, but XRM has his physical limitations. Would love if he was a legit impact player though.
frumble
Bench Warmer
And1: 710

Post#63 » by frumble » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:54 pm

aminiaturebuddha wrote:He's one of 3 Canadian freshman that have been fairly impressive. Trey Lyles is obviously one of the other ones, and will likely be a mid 1st-round pick in the draft this spring. Dillon Brooks has also been quite good for a better-than-expected Oregon team. Another year of growth from him next year could also move him into draft consideration in a year or two, although he's got short arms and may be limited defensively at the next level.

Will be interesting to see how many of them are invited to (and attend) training camp for Canada this summer. All three played as cadets/juniors and Lyles says he wants to play this summer (per his Dad, per hoopshype).

With Wiggins again being non-committal, the competition for guys to play the 3 could be wide open, though Brooks is probably a couple years away.
StonedFan420
Rookie
And1: 2,393

Post#64 » by StonedFan420 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:18 am

Can we sub him in for tonight?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using RealGM Forums mobile app
Northface82
RealGM
And1: 59,711

Post#65 » by Northface82 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:19 am

SAVE US PROFESSOR X!!!!!