ImageImageImageImageImage

Lou: That's a shot I make

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Financials
Sixth Man
And1: 1,859

Re: Lou: That's a shot I make 

Post#101 » by Financials » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:22 pm

lmao this is the best tim and sid ever!! basically just being real gm trolls hahahaha
RalphWiggum
RealGM
And1: 8,224

Post#102 » by RalphWiggum » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:22 pm

Down by 2 at the end of a game is when you'd think a team would do its best to execute a play they think is most likely to result in a basket. By that rational the raptors should be running Lou iso for a 27 foot three point attempt 60 times a night.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,762

Post#103 » by Basketball_Jones » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:23 pm

Financials wrote:"let and one mix tape take it over at the end of the game when everyone knows its coming"

"do that to jason kidd, hell take your lunch"

hahahaha sid is killlling me

It's true, Casey has no control over his players. He runs a country club type atmosphere that's why the players like him so much they do whatever the hell they want aside from JJ and JV.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Re: Lou: That's my play, leave me alone 

Post#104 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:29 pm

pkiskool wrote:Am I the only one who thought this was a good shot, albeit the timing could have been better?
I get that he didn't leave too much time left on the clock for "if missed" scenarios, but this shot made a lot of sense to me because:
1. He was 6-10 from the field, 3-5 from 3 pt prior to the last shot. Hardly a bad shooting night. Compare that to DD's shooting stats.
2. Like he said, this is the shot he takes all the time and he made a lot of them - some poster guessed the percentage of this shot and said it probably is 15-20%? I hardly doubt that.
3. One can argue that we could have called a time out but to argue the three is laughable - do you really want to go into OT in a away game, where the momentum was clearly on Det side the whole night? I know I would just want to win it and get to the bus.
4. Who else would you prefer to take that shot...? DD? Lmao.

Casey could have called a timeout yes, and Lou could have left more than a second left on the clock, but aside from that, this play was acceptable in my opinion.

1. 3-5 from 3, he shot that in the 4 point zone. Were down by 2, not 3, should have got a much better shot

2. http://www.raptorshq.com/2015/1/28/7926 ... s-iso-ball

Lou is 11-for-45 in these attempts, or, 24.4 percent, which is not ideal. On average, these attempts are from 26.9 feet from the basket. You can see by the dribbles and touch time that most of these possessions are what we're seeing: Lou holding onto the ball and launching a prayer.

3. Yes i would go into OT vs the Pistons. We were able to come back and get the game close i like our chances in OT better than a shot from near mid court.

4. Yes i would rather Derozan take that shot. I feel like he can get a much better shot for our team than a shot in the 4 point zone fading left. It was awful and these Lou end of quarter ISOs aren't working
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
BJaysRaps
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,729

Post#105 » by BJaysRaps » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:32 pm

there is an issue when lou is taking 20 more shots than james harden, 40 more shots than lebron and lilliard. SMH

Financials
Sixth Man
And1: 1,859

Post#106 » by Financials » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:34 pm

ritchiesli wrote:Image

this needs to be in the locker room above his locker.
James_Raptors
RealGM
And1: 10,802

Post#107 » by James_Raptors » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:40 pm

-The only player on our roster shooting worse than Lou Williams (35% FG) with 3 minutes left in any quarter of the game is Greivis Vásquez.

-Lou Williams is shooting 0-6 with in the last 30 seconds of the game with the team within 5 points.

-Of the 11 players in the league who've jacked up 200+ fga from 25ft or higher, Lou is by far the worst shooter at 27%

We listen to the post game interviews and clearly there is confusion between the coach, Lou and Amir with whether a play was called or not. But Based upon Amir and Lou's response, they felt it was an iso play for Lou all the way. The Raptors have been running this Lou iso at the end of a quarter since pre-season.It's their thing. We know it. The opposition knows it. Lou talks about the play and it's regularly, in the post-game interview as a matter-of-fact play that the entire world should be able to predict. It's his shot! It's what he does!

So my question is this. You bring in a player who you want to be that 6th man gun for hire. You give him the freedom to attempt these nearly identical plays, seemingly at least once every game. It's predictable by everyone, including passive fans. Lou is not shooting good percentages on this particular play. It rarely works.

So the question is who's responsibility is this? It's on the coaching staff and it's not even a debate on this one. And I'm not suggesting Casey should be fired over it or anything silly like that. But this sort of obvious predictable play that is run with such regularity at such appallingly low percentages falls in the lap of Dwane. Even if it's not what coach Casey drew up on the board, it's the ridiculous freedom he gives the players to constantly get theirs, repeating the same mistakes, game after game. Something has to give here. We can't keep smashing our heads against a wall expecting a round peg to fit into a square hole.
08-14-'21:
(re: Scottie Barnes)
-Top 3 Raptors of all-time, 5+ ASG, Min 1 All-NBA 1st /2nd,Min 3 All-Def 1st or 2nd team,between years 2-3 in the running for best current player on our roster,best Raptor on the team, multiple years in a row

RIP Hater
dTox
RealGM
And1: 15,598

Post#108 » by dTox » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:41 pm

Hope someone can post the Tim and Sid link, or paraphrase?
TBZ for the win
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,856

Post#109 » by Duffman100 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:29 pm

I like that we lost the ability to boo Lou Williams....as it would just be heard as Louuuuuuu.
dsquared
Junior
And1: 624

Post#110 » by dsquared » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:53 pm

James_Raptors wrote:-The only player on our roster shooting worse than Lou Williams (35% FG) with 3 minutes left in any quarter of the game is Greivis Vásquez.

-Lou Williams is shooting 0-6 with in the last 30 seconds of the game with the team within 5 points.

-Of the 11 players in the league who've jacked up 200+ fga from 25ft or higher, Lou is by far the worst shooter at 27%

We listen to the post game interviews and clearly there is confusion between the coach, Lou and Amir with whether a play was called or not. But Based upon Amir and Lou's response, they felt it was an iso play for Lou all the way. The Raptors have been running this Lou iso at the end of a quarter since pre-season.It's their thing. We know it. The opposition knows it. Lou talks about the play and it's regularly, in the post-game interview as a matter-of-fact play that the entire world should be able to predict. It's his shot! It's what he does!

So my question is this. You bring in a player who you want to be that 6th man gun for hire. You give him the freedom to attempt these nearly identical plays, seemingly at least once every game. It's predictable by everyone, including passive fans. Lou is not shooting good percentages on this particular play. It rarely works.

So the question is who's responsibility is this? It's on the coaching staff and it's not even a debate on this one. And I'm not suggesting Casey should be fired over it or anything silly like that. But this sort of obvious predictable play that is run with such regularity at such appallingly low percentages falls in the lap of Dwane. Even if it's not what coach Casey drew up on the board, it's the ridiculous freedom he gives the players to constantly get theirs, repeating the same mistakes, game after game. Something has to give here. We can't keep smashing our heads against a wall expecting a round peg to fit into a square hole.

If there was confusion why didn't they call the god damn timeout?

It's so obvious Casey is trying to save his own ass, he know he's on the hot seat and might not be coming back next year. As a fan, to blame Lou for last night is very short-sighted.
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#111 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:57 pm

dsquared wrote:
James_Raptors wrote:-The only player on our roster shooting worse than Lou Williams (35% FG) with 3 minutes left in any quarter of the game is Greivis Vásquez.

It's so obvious Casey is trying to save his own ass, he know he's on the hot seat and might not be coming back next year. As a fan, to blame Lou for last night is very short-sighted.

I think you are right. I think Casey froze and I think he may have been lying when he said there was a play call, as Lou and Amir both said there wasn't, and just trying to deflect blame. I mean he took Ross out, who had been defending well, and put in Vasquez, who right after that ended up fouling trying to keep up with Jackson and sending him to the line.
James_Raptors
RealGM
And1: 10,802

Post#112 » by James_Raptors » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:57 pm

dsquared wrote:

I don't have an issue with the lack of timeout. Calling a timeout right then gives Stan a chance to set up his best defensive rotation. I also don't blame Lou for this one, considering he's been given the freedom do attempt this sort of low % shot all season (and pre season). You can't blame him for not changing his spots on the fly. He is what he is. It's expected. This is on the coaching staff and to a degree, the type of roster we currently have. Another factor is that Lowry is/was out and Lou was the next best choice if you're looking for a ball handler who could in theory, create his own shot.
08-14-'21:
(re: Scottie Barnes)
-Top 3 Raptors of all-time, 5+ ASG, Min 1 All-NBA 1st /2nd,Min 3 All-Def 1st or 2nd team,between years 2-3 in the running for best current player on our roster,best Raptor on the team, multiple years in a row

RIP Hater
Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,364

Post#113 » by Hero » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:15 pm

ddx19 wrote:Hate him all you want for that shot, he's been great for the raps this year. Best TS% of the perimeters players, top 10 in ORPM, the most efficient lineups for the raptors include him on the floor.

GV and Ross are the weak links. Both took a big step back this year.

I bet all those free throws he's drawn and hit means that he is allowed to take 3 pointers from the Logo.
vado
Analyst
And1: 2,172

Post#114 » by vado » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:26 pm

Casey: That's my play. Leave me alone.
pbj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22,757

Post#115 » by pbj » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:42 pm

Financials wrote:
ritchiesli wrote:Image

this needs to be in the locker room above his locker.

LOL definitely on the wrong end of that one..
Reg00
Starter
And1: 1,402

Post#116 » by Reg00 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:55 pm

The problem I have with this is that his coach thinks the same thing, on almost every possession, Casey leaves it up to his team to decide what is the best shot.
5'11 Point Forward
Green Backpack
Head Coach
And1: 3,280

Post#117 » by Green Backpack » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:38 pm

If Lou leaves, I feel like it will be one of those scenarios where we wish he didn't. His ability to get the FT line makes up for his lower FG% and he comes in handy in situation like this, where a PG (Lowry) is hurt.

I didn't like the shot, but I don't blame Lou.. I blame the coaching staff. That's where you call a TO and draw up a reasonable play!
kayliecee
Veteran
And1: 3,505

Post#118 » by kayliecee » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:58 pm

Troubadour wrote:
JS_raptors wrote:lol everyone knew the ball was going to lou. We've been doing that since preseason

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoprAeCWQS8[/youtube]

It's the kind of shot that makes more sense when you're tied. That being said, no one would be complaining if he made it.

The Raps could go 82-0, win the championship, have their entire roster tie for league MVP, and people here would still complain.
John Gibbons: "I have to do what's best for these guys and not what some bozo on RealGM thinks." (Paraphrasing)
Lord Eder
General Manager
And1: 16,625

Post#119 » by Lord Eder » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:00 pm

ritchiesli wrote:there is an issue when lou is taking 20 more shots than james harden, 40 more shots than lebron and lilliard. SMH

This is hilarious
"Jerome Moiso with 2 rebounds and a steal.... Put him in the hall of fame!"
- Chuck Swirsky
kayliecee
Veteran
And1: 3,505

Post#120 » by kayliecee » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:24 pm

I think this is a fair and smart summation. I don't see a good reason for calling a time out if you can just call a play and stop Detroit from setting up. But assuming Casey called a play, as he claimed, Lou and Amir have to be held accountable. If he didn't call a play, then he's living on borrowed time. The coach can't lie about that and have the respect of his players. Personally, I would have preferred the high pick and roll, then a pass to DD and let him get to the line.
John Gibbons: "I have to do what's best for these guys and not what some bozo on RealGM thinks." (Paraphrasing)

Return to Toronto Raptors