ImageImageImageImageImage

nba.com says raptors have the 2nd best backcourt

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

TANKNATION
Analyst
And1: 11,049

Post#1 » by TANKNATION » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:24 am

hey don't know if posted or not but nba says we have the 2nd best backcourt in the league .. interesting

2) DeMar Derozan and Kyle Lowry (Raptors)

The Raptors are an example of yet another backcourt that has struggled with health, as DeRozan missed much of the season with an injury and is finally beginning to return to form. He is averaging almost 23 points per game this month, his highest mark of the season, and Lowry is an All-Star. Lowry has also been injured as of late, but perhaps this rest will do the feisty bulldog some good. If the Raps want to make any noise in the Eastern Conference playoffs, this duo will need to be in prime form.

http://www.nba.com/2015/news/hca/03/30/ ... f:nbahpt6c
:crazy:
Da1RealRapsFan
Banned User
And1: 1,522

Re: nba.com says raptors have the 2nd best backcourt 

Post#2 » by Da1RealRapsFan » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:37 am

Love how nba.com can see that demar was hampered by an injury and is now returning to his normal level of play, whereas a lot of posters on these boards act as if he should come back from injury and be playing 100% immediately. So much unfair criticism.

Not only that but it was SO obvious. just take a look at his ft attempts while he was regaining his form. He was at over 10 a game last year if i remember correctly and after injury was at around 5 or 6. Posters completely ignore that and saw he just tosses up jumpers. Obviously his injury was hampering his ability ro drive and create contact and he is now finally coming into form.

So many jazz handed ass ticklers on this board.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using RealGM Forums mobile app
RaptorNews
RealGM
And1: 23,156

Post#3 » by RaptorNews » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:39 am

Da1RealRapsFan wrote:Love how nba.com can see that demar was hampered by an injury and is now returning to his normal level of play, whereas a lot of posters on these boards act as if he should come back from injury and be playing 100% immediately. So much unfair criticism.

Not only that but it was SO obvious. just take a look at his ft attempts while he was regaining his form. He was at over 10 a game last year if i remember correctly and after injury was at around 5 or 6. Posters completely ignore that and saw he just tosses up jumpers. Obviously his injury was hampering his ability ro drive and create contact and he is now finally coming into form.

He was awful before the injury

Stop
Kenyon009
Banned User
And1: 1,869

Post#4 » by Kenyon009 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:01 am

RaptorNews wrote:
Da1RealRapsFan wrote:Love how nba.com can see that demar was hampered by an injury and is now returning to his normal level of play, whereas a lot of posters on these boards act as if he should come back from injury and be playing 100% immediately. So much unfair criticism.

Stop

DeRozan isn't that good. His defense is below average, his three point shot is absolute garbage, and his playmaking skills aren't good enough to offset that not to mention he isn't an efficient or smart player. I really hope he can be traded for a post player option in the off-season. If Wes Mathews is signed it would do this franchise so good. It would let us start JJ and really help the defense, while the extra spacing might even do the offense some good.

Val
Millsap?
JJ
Mathews or another option
Lowry
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,889

Post#5 » by OAKLEY_2 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:35 am

Kenyon009 wrote:
RaptorNews wrote:

Stop

DeRozan isn't that good. His defense is below average, his three point shot is absolute garbage, and his playmaking skills aren't good enough to offset that not to mention he isn't an efficient or smart player. I really hope he can be traded for a post player option in the off-season. If Wes Mathews is signed it would do this franchise so good. It would let us start JJ and really help the defense, while the extra spacing might even do the offense some good.

Val
Millsap?
JJ
Lowry

Anything is possible but I think the league, other coaches and our management hold derozan in higher regard than the pitbull tankers-Derozan haters on this board.
Da1RealRapsFan
Banned User

Re: Re: nba.com says raptors have the 2nd best backcourt 

Post#6 » by Da1RealRapsFan » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:50 am

OAKLEY_2 wrote:
Kenyon009 wrote:
RaptorNews wrote:

Stop

Val
Millsap?
JJ
Lowry

Anything is possible but I think the league, other coaches and our management hold derozan in higher regard than the pitbull tankers-Derozan haters on this board.

I hope so. I love how these guys just repeat the same garbage over and over again and then toss invective at anyone who disagrees.

Lowrys Chode
Banned User

Post#7 » by Lowrys Chode » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:55 am

Kenyon009 wrote:
RaptorNews wrote:

Stop

Val
Millsap?
JJ
Lowry

You actually think Millsap is an option? You obviously meant Elijah Millsap, right?
lobosloboslobos
RealGM
And1: 17,824

Post#8 » by lobosloboslobos » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:59 am

As a jazz handed ass tickler of the first order (just ask my lady) I take exception to that remark.
WeTheNorth77
Sixth Man
And1: 2,865

Post#9 » by WeTheNorth77 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:19 pm

DD is a beast. People on this forum undervalue him so much and want him gone instead of realizing, him and lowry are a great backcourt. Just need a good starting sf and this team can make some serious noise in the playoffs

Sent from my SGH-M919V using RealGM Forums mobile app
TheDoctor
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 13,088
Location: Saving humanity, and the Raptors board, from aliens... and themselves.

Post#10 » by TheDoctor » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:38 pm

His 54% TS and 45% from 3 in March, with almost 24PPG, 6 RB 4+ Assists to 2.2 TOs should at very least make some people reconsider some of their knee-jerk criticisms that were absolutely true in February, but false for a month now.
BrunoSkull
RealGM
And1: 110,436

Post#11 » by BrunoSkull » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:38 pm

TANK WE MISS U FAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN??????
Young_Buc
General Manager
And1: 9,130

Post#12 » by Young_Buc » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:08 pm

DeRozan could walk on water and cure cancer and his detractors would be angry that he was too selfish to take so long to do it.
Korr
Veteran
And1: 1,367

Post#13 » by Korr » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:12 pm

Young_Buc wrote:DeRozan could walk on water and cure cancer and his detractors would be angry that he was too selfish to take so long to do it.

Cure cancer?

Let's start with hitting a 3 pointer. Baby steps.
Young_Buc
General Manager
And1: 9,130

Post#14 » by Young_Buc » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:14 pm

Korr wrote:
Young_Buc wrote:DeRozan could walk on water and cure cancer and his detractors would be angry that he was too selfish to take so long to do it.

Cure cancer?

Let's start with hitting a 3 pointer. Baby steps.

He sticks to corner 3's and he'll be fine. I don't know what he makes them at, but the eye tests says over 30%
ruckus
RealGM
And1: 11,283

Post#15 » by ruckus » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:20 pm

I can't handle all this positivity! 42 from Demar. Beating Houston. Best bench. Leading SMOY candidate. 2nd best backcourt. Is this Raptorland?
Morse Code
Head Coach
And1: 8,435

Post#16 » by Morse Code » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:27 pm

I've yet to see you give insight without mentioning how much you hate this place and the posters that occupy it lol. If it bothers you so much why even post here? I'm sure nobody would miss your condescending bs anyways. I'm not usually one to try and call people out even if they deserve it but you're just relentless with this.

Just for the sake of argument, Demar had a few really nice games after returning from injury, and then plummeted again. Let's not forget that his shooting struggles have continued also. He's defintely playing better progressively but it wasn't a steady climb, he's been up and down up until march.
Big Shot
Analyst
And1: 690

Re: 

Post#17 » by Big Shot » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:27 pm

TheDoctor wrote:His 54% TS and 45% from 3 in March, with almost 24PPG, 6 RB 4+ Assists to 2.2 TOs should at very least make some people reconsider some of their knee-jerk criticisms that were absolutely true in February, but false for a month now.

It would've been much better if those numbers come with a winning record in March. :D
Morse Code
Head Coach

Re: Re: nba.com says raptors have the 2nd best backcourt 

Post#18 » by Morse Code » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:29 pm

Da1RealRapsFan wrote:
OAKLEY_2 wrote:
Kenyon009 wrote:DeRozan isn't that good. His defense is below average, his three point shot is absolute garbage, and his playmaking skills aren't good enough to offset that not to mention he isn't an efficient or smart player. I really hope he can be traded for a post player option in the off-season. If Wes Mathews is signed it would do this franchise so good. It would let us start JJ and really help the defense, while the extra spacing might even do the offense some good.

Val
Millsap?
JJ
Lowry

I hope so. I love how these guys just repeat the same garbage over and over again and then toss invective at anyone who disagrees.

Hilariously illustrated your own point.
Morse Code
Head Coach

Re: 

Post#19 » by Morse Code » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:33 pm

TheDoctor wrote:His 54% TS and 45% from 3 in March, with almost 24PPG, 6 RB 4+ Assists to 2.2 TOs should at very least make some people reconsider some of their knee-jerk criticisms that were absolutely true in February, but false for a month now.

Yeah it's hard to hate on that. He's stepped it up big time this month. Hopefully it continues. What's surprising to me is that most of that has come against fairly tough opponents as well. We've been losing some games but Demar has handled this stretch as well as anyone could've hoped.
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,758

Re: Re: 

Post#20 » by Jadoogar » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:54 pm

Big Shot wrote:

It would've been much better if those numbers come with a winning record in March. :D

Darn it's almost as if it's not a 1 on 1 game. Ross, Lowry, Lou and Vasquez have been super inconsistent during this stretch. Even JJ, Amir and Val have had their lows especially on defense. I'm not saying Demar is perfect or even great but he's far from our biggest problem.

Return to Toronto Raptors