ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Lowry is garbage

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

UneducatedFan86
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,590

Re: PG: Lowry is garbage 

Post#321 » by UneducatedFan86 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:39 am

JustWin wrote:
UneducatedFan86 wrote:Casey is an idiot. He will do or say anything to save face.

He's the coach version of BC. Fitting, since he hired him.

I bought into the Casey BS when he first got here. It's funny because it was last year that I really started to see him for what he is. A below-average coach who is all talk and doesn't know how to run an NBA team. Plus it helped that he used the same lines over and over again, but he never seemed to learn or adjust.
Potential
RealGM
And1: 43,959

Post#322 » by Potential » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:41 am

Look on the bright side.

Nvm
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,414

Post#323 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:42 am

Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:
Green Backpack wrote:Is anyone even going to show up to the square for Game 4? It would be hilarious if the camera shows like 30 people out there hahaha

Seriously, I love the support and everything, but they should wait until we actually win a game at this point.

I think i might show up with my brother and just mourn/celebrate the death of this team assuming we lose.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
Kordic27
Analyst
And1: 3,290

Post#324 » by Kordic27 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:44 am

Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:
Kordic27 wrote:
NIL8R wrote:Whom; realistically, do you all think Toronto could get in the off season as our "IT" player for 2015-16

This is the question. Nobody via FA - too many other desirable situations, let alone their own teams. Has to be someone via trade. Not seeing many disgruntled superstars wanting to leave. And especially wanting to leave for TO. Don't think anyone wants to tank like Philly. Not sure of the right path here. Maybe add solid, quality, vets, who have some pride, have won before, and can be anchors come playoff time. Like West, Pierce, Chandler... not saying them, but players like them. And then try to steal a trade here and there, and draft really well.
?

We're going to have to put all our guys on table, and try to secure a top pick. I'm not sure how else you'd go about it - I know there's guys like Middleton, Gallinari, or Batum who could have career years in a more prominent role, which they'd likely have here, but I'm not sure how realistic it is to believe that.

I'm not sure any of our guys outside JV would secure a high enough pick. Batum would be an interesting guy to go after - he's had a down year, plays a position of need for us, seems to have a pretty good attitude. I'd go for him. But we also need a tough vet - someone a bit like Oakley who doesn't get mentally pushed around. We have such a mentally weak team - confidence gets destroyed a lot, and they don't push through the hard times well.
Trusted Ujiri Watcher
Brettfinch
Sixth Man
And1: 1,154

Re: Re: Re: Re: 

Post#325 » by Brettfinch » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:44 am

dekobedeharden wrote:
Brettfinch wrote:
dekobedeharden wrote:
are you okay in the head? lowry is not a robot who is programmed to do what casey says..he is a free man given free will and he chose to take contested shots.. casey is not the problem..get the **** players out of this city..thats the issue..casey should be resigned and run that trapping defence with good defenders.

So your not telling me that Lowry isn't a good defender, or James Johnson oh wait... Our **** idiot coach doesn't play the good defenders he keeps letting people run around like they are dogs in a **** dog park. How many times did you see Washington run an iso almost never it was always a screen brush screen or backdoor that's why wall has had 32 assists in two games. Yes obviously John is sick and draws lots of attention but they have sets, they run a play or a quick hitter every possession we dribble the **** ball till 9 seconds in the shot clock.. Are you OK in the eyes did you not watch the raptors play like YMCA ballers

lowry is not a good defender and neither is james johnson because lowry doesn't have the physical gifts and james johnson doesn't have the brain.. vasquez is too slow to go through picks..lou is too weak to go through picks..val cannot jump high enough to grab rebounds or quick enough to defend the pick and roll..amir johnson doesn't have the muscle to stop gortat..handsbrough doesnt have the soft hands to grab the rebounds.. ross is too dumb to do anything.

Yes i watched every game and the problem doesn't START with the coaching, it starts with some godawful defenders who happened to fluke out a good defensive season last year just like lowry fluked out his 3 month stretch this year.

This team isn't going anywhere and it is not because of casey, it is because our guys are physically incapable of playing great defence and the offence is failing because our picks arent set strong enough and our players are too weak willed and dont trust their passing ability to move the ball around.

I'm sorry but you take any one of the top 10 coaches in the league and they run offensive sets and hold people defensively accountable getting key players easy buckets this series doesn't turn out this way, watch the Hawks play watch spurs bulls, Cleveland golden state I watch all of them and every game they get layups under the hoops in a half court set please... Please please please Show me in the last 5 games ten half court set layups like wide open, good coaching **** ur defense up open.... Layups.

You can't Casey is a bad offensive coach.....

Lowry is a good player we have all seen it. But your a product of your environment if your coach is setting you to play iso heavy low efficiency basketball your going to be portrayed as a low efficiency basketball player... It's a simple fact. The team doesn't look organized that's coaching.... Not lowry
EH15
General Manager
And1: 6,945

Post#326 » by EH15 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:46 am

I don't think Masai's job has ever been as clear as it is right now. You reboot, simple as that. You do house cleaning and get value for anything and everything. From Lowry to Demar to Devlin to Herbie Kuhn. They all gotta go.
Brettfinch
Sixth Man
And1: 1,154

Re: Re: Re: Re: 

Post#327 » by Brettfinch » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:47 am

Undefeated wrote:
Brettfinch wrote:How many times did you see Washington run an iso almost never it was always a screen brush screen or backdoor that's why wall has had 32 assists in two games. Yes obviously John is sick and draws lots of attention but they have sets, they run a play or a quick hitter every possession we dribble the **** ball till 9 seconds in the shot clock.. Are you OK in the eyes did you not watch the raptors play like YMCA ballers

The Wizards offense isn't something to laud over lol. They ran some decent sets, but Wall had many instances where he was over dribbling at the top tonight losing his handle or forcing passes that weren't there.

No its nothing to drool over but it's better than ours obviously and wall exposed us.. But not with an iso one on one playing style. We don't play team basketball....
UneducatedFan86
Lead Assistant

Re: 

Post#328 » by UneducatedFan86 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:47 am

Potential wrote:Look on the bright side.

Nvm

Fixed it for you.
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Post#329 » by RaptorsLife » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:48 am

Trade demar to be clippers
Raptors til death
Potential
RealGM
And1: 43,959

Re: Re: Re: 

Post#330 » by Potential » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:49 am

UneducatedFan86 wrote:

Nvm

Fixed it for you.

Lol perfect. If we're being honest, Bruno **** sucks and has no future.
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,881

Post#331 » by deeps6x » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:50 am

I gave up on the game with the Raptors up by 4 at the 8:50 mark of the second quarter.

At that point, there was ZERO question in my mind that the refs, and more specifically, Fat Tony Brothers, were going to screw the team out of the win.

Silver,please review Fat Tony's total BS call on JV in the first few seconds. Please review Fat Tony's non-call on DD's drive at the end of the first quarter. Please review the first 3.5 minutes of the second quarter. At least 10 non-calls and wrong calls went against the Raptors in that very short period of time. It was the reason I threw up my hands, despite the team leading by 4!!!, and gave up on the game.

When it is so blatantly obvious that the team is playing 5 v 8, there ceases to be any point in watching further.

Thanks for being such a tool Fat Tony. Thanks for nothing.
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
carlosey
General Manager
And1: 2,054

Post#332 » by carlosey » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:51 am

Blow it up. This is not going anywhere.

Casey was a decent taskmaster but as a coach he is not the guy to continue with. I honestly ended up hating his small ball tactics. were giving away size rebounds and a wide open lane just to play three undersized guards. The use of valanciunas all year long has been embarassing. The lack of use and the inability to keep JJ under control was also a huge mess.

In terms of personel, pretty much everyone can go. Id like derozan to stick around, Patman and a slimmed down valanciunas. Package and trade the rest for some big men that can post up rebound and protect the lane.

Dissapointing season but its time for a blow up and PLEASE MLSE BRING PROVEN NAMES FOR PLAYERS AND COACHES!
FirstInkTDot
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,902

Post#333 » by FirstInkTDot » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:51 am

I'm coming to Jurassic Park on Sunday with a broom to show that the sweep is on.
UneducatedFan86
Lead Assistant

Post#334 » by UneducatedFan86 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:52 am

Potential wrote:
UneducatedFan86 wrote:

Nvm

Fixed it for you.

Lol perfect. If we're being honest, Bruno **** sucks and has no future.

Sums up my feelings perfectly. Wanna know the worst part of it? I see that damn commercial on NBA TV of Bruno getting drafted, and Masai is clapping his hands and telling everyone "we got a good one, guys." It makes my heart weep.
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,767

Post#335 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:53 am

Kordic27 wrote:
Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:
Kordic27 wrote:
This is the question. Nobody via FA - too many other desirable situations, let alone their own teams. Has to be someone via trade. Not seeing many disgruntled superstars wanting to leave. And especially wanting to leave for TO. Don't think anyone wants to tank like Philly. Not sure of the right path here. Maybe add solid, quality, vets, who have some pride, have won before, and can be anchors come playoff time. Like West, Pierce, Chandler... not saying them, but players like them. And then try to steal a trade here and there, and draft really well.
?

We're going to have to put all our guys on table, and try to secure a top pick. I'm not sure how else you'd go about it - I know there's guys like Middleton, Gallinari, or Batum who could have career years in a more prominent role, which they'd likely have here, but I'm not sure how realistic it is to believe that.

I'm not sure any of our guys outside JV would secure a high enough pick. Batum would be an interesting guy to go after - he's had a down year, plays a position of need for us, seems to have a pretty good attitude. I'd go for him. But we also need a tough vet - someone a bit like Oakley who doesn't get mentally pushed around. We have such a mentally weak team - confidence gets destroyed a lot, and they don't push through the hard times well.

I mean, I think DeMar is someone who is valued pretty highly throughout the league, and Lowry's contract makes him a value get for a team in the new NBA Salary Cap. You might have to even put JV out there if you really believe in a guy who's on the draft board. By any means, really.

If you want a Oakley type guy - Pat Beverely, in a Lowry trade with Houston, could be a target. Add in Capela, pick(s), maybe that's enough to entice Masai.
PurplePJs
Veteran
And1: 2,025

Post#336 » by PurplePJs » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:54 am

We suck. The end.
vjkid
Pro Prospect
And1: 290

Post#337 » by vjkid » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:56 am

Drew Gooden would just like to say my career high three three's made all the difference tonight.
Rzwynn
Sophomore
And1: 228

Post#338 » by Rzwynn » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:57 am

Lowry is playing injured....he UNUSUALLY SLOW Driving to the lane for lay ups he usually makes..

One thing for sure is LOU sucks.. His ISO plays defence and heroball is maddening...
I don't care if he's 6man of year... GTFO..
EH15
General Manager
And1: 6,945

Post#339 » by EH15 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:05 am

Undefeated wrote:
Brettfinch wrote:How many times did you see Washington run an iso almost never it was always a screen brush screen or backdoor that's why wall has had 32 assists in two games. Yes obviously John is sick and draws lots of attention but they have sets, they run a play or a quick hitter every possession we dribble the **** ball till 9 seconds in the shot clock.. Are you OK in the eyes did you not watch the raptors play like YMCA ballers

The Wizards offense isn't something to laud over lol. They ran some decent sets, but Wall had many instances where he was over dribbling at the top tonight losing his handle or forcing passes that weren't there.

Well you really don't need much when our defence hedges so hard and an open 3 is always two passes away. We were always doomed to fail.
Financials
Sixth Man
And1: 1,859

Post#340 » by Financials » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:06 am

UneducatedFan86 wrote:
Financials wrote:
Undefeated wrote:DeMar can only score on **** defenders. Otto locked him down.

i know he bricked a ton after 1st q streak , but he still put up what, 32 pts?

i agree in general, but atleast he tried to do something today

this is all on **** lowry - every last bit of it.

32 points on 29 shots on 37.9% shooting. To put a bit of perspective on that, Harden had 42 points on 24 shots on 62.5% shooting.

But yes, Lowry was a big issue today. Lou and Vasquez also didn't help.

Oh I know its not good (dds stats)

im a DD hater - just saying, he didnt completely **** the bed like 2ppg lowry did the first 2 games.

someone had to get buckets. im surprised demar was able to get 30 lol. for that # of pts im surprised its close to 40%. the series trend is like 25%

Return to Toronto Raptors