ImageImageImageImageImage

Arthur: Lowry didn't want to re-sign here if Casey retained

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

WildWolfdog
Junior
And1: 293

Re: Arthur: Lowry didn't want to re-sign here if Casey retained 

Post#101 » by WildWolfdog » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:31 pm

Lol wow, I can't believe some of the people here. Lowry sucked since the All-Star break, fine. But Casey has sucked for 2 years. The Raptors had a great run with Lowry IN SPITE of Casey. What happened to the Raps when Lowry was not playing? Did they suddenly catch fire? No - they didn't. Did Casey suddenly get better? No, no he didn't.

All this "coach killer" crap is media base BS. It's exactly the same type of bull that Kessel gets. "Out of shape, coach killer" - when in fact Kessel is one of the most in shape players on the Leafs according to most reports. And he out skated Seguin at the All-Star game.

I can't believe how some people buy in to all the stuff the media feeds us and then run out star players ... seriously, wow.
Coming on RealGm reminds me how much I hate our **** up annoying tweener "the sky falls everyday in Raptorland" fanbase.
Kurtz
RealGM
And1: 15,710

Post#102 » by Kurtz » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:39 pm

WildWolfdog wrote:All this "coach killer" crap is media base BS. It's exactly the same type of bull that Kessel gets. "Out of shape, coach killer" - when in fact Kessel is one of the most in shape players on the Leafs according to most reports. And he out skated Seguin at the All-Star game.

Wait, hang on. Kessel is amazing. But he is fat. By all accounts the guy never steps in the gym. It just so happens that like Vince Carter, Kessel is a physical freak of nature, and has been gifted with incredibly powerful legs, which allow him to excel in terms of speed. But he's panting on the bench after every shift, and much like Vince, as he gets older, and his athleticism declines, he'll actually have to start taking fitness more seriously.

Ditto Lowry. He's been able to get away with chubiness when he was younger, but as he ages, he'll have to take fitness much more seriously. I hope he realizes before its too late.
WildWolfdog
Junior
And1: 293

Post#103 » by WildWolfdog » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:53 pm

Kurtz wrote:
WildWolfdog wrote:All this "coach killer" crap is media base BS. It's exactly the same type of bull that Kessel gets. "Out of shape, coach killer" - when in fact Kessel is one of the most in shape players on the Leafs according to most reports. And he out skated Seguin at the All-Star game.

Wait, hang on. Kessel is amazing. But he is fat. By all accounts the guy never steps in the gym. It just so happens that like Vince Carter, Kessel is a physical freak of nature, and has been gifted with incredibly powerful legs, which allow him to excel in terms of speed. But he's panting on the bench after every shift, and much like Vince, as he gets older, and his athleticism declines, he'll actually have to start taking fitness more seriously.

Ditto Lowry. He's been able to get away with chubiness when he was younger, but as he ages, he'll have to take fitness much more seriously. I hope he realizes before its too late.

I concede that it always looks like Kessel and Lowry can use a lot more time in the gym to lean out - maybe it's just the way we perceive athletes but they're not all the same. Look at what happened to Jonas after bulking? Then again it's still better than him being fat lol.

I think with Kessel, we always tend to overlook the fact that this guy had testicular cancer. I'm sure he has to get certain treatments and take certain medication and that can change the way someone's weight fluctuates. Now if I'm wrong about that, then that's a different discussion.

I agree and hope that both these stars (Kessel + Lowry) get in to better shape or at least give the indication so the media can get off their backs. My main fear is that these "narrations" will lead to the players getting run out of town, AS ALWAYS and we will be stuck with a crap talentless team "with a lot of heart".
Coming on RealGm reminds me how much I hate our **** up annoying tweener "the sky falls everyday in Raptorland" fanbase.
agentzero2010
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,686

Post#104 » by agentzero2010 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:53 am

Good.
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,783
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#105 » by Boogie! » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:08 am

wegetitin08 wrote:
redeye514 wrote:This is not an endorsement of Casey, but Lowry feels like he is legit tier 1 superstar, and he's not. The early season MVP talk was steroids for his ego, not in a good way.

I'm all for ego, but I think Lowry enjoys reminding people / teammates that he's "the man" too much. His comments re game 7 "next time I will make the shot" (what about pass or simply make the right basketball play?), Lowry's comments in preseason "this is my team and i will lead my group into battle", up until game 3 when he was asked if he thinks we should adjust ball distribution to get others involved "no, me DeRozan and Lou get our shots, that's what we do, everyone e understands that"... Now I know some of you may say all of those comments are good, and what you want from A leader, but here's the problem, kyle hasn't won a damn thing in his career. Ever. You don't think, rightfully or wrongfully, that Patterson Vasquez JJ and even JV don't have big egos? Why would, or should, they listen to Kyle dictate to them that him and Lou get all the shots? When has Kyle ever proven that he's a winner??

The great thing about our guys is that our group will always say the right thing, because they're good teammates. I always found it odd how guys like GV and PPat go out of there way to say that this its Kyles team. I'm sure they all do like Kyle a whole lot too but winning masks a lot. clearly there are issues in the locker room and it really does seem to me to be a Kyle Lowry ego trip. The problem with the guys I just rattled off above is that none of them have a winni g history either, so who are they to call out Kyles ego? Make themselves look like a bad teammate? Nah. That's precisely why they talk to the media about needing to play unselfish basketball, hero ball, and needing a veteran jack ass in the locker room. To reign in Kyles ego.

I suspect that Masai is going to sit down with Kyle and have one of those heart to hearts with him. If he doesn't think Kyle can learn from this humiliating loss, specifically on how to be a better a leader, and better empower your foot soldiers (teammates), then Kyle will be gone.

Sent from my iPhone, excuse spelling mistakes.

this also makes sense why Casey said in last interview about DeMar . "DeMar next level is being more vocal leader and telling others this is how it should be done, and not be worried about if a teammate views you differently"... also mentioned "Its DeMar & Amirs team by default they have ownership"

lol… that's hilarious how casey wants demar to tell others how it should be done and wants demar to be a bigger leader...

"k guys, stop **** passing the ball so much… if you have it, you have to score. only pass it if there's no other possible option…"

casey needs to go man… that's so ridiculous… demar should never be in any position to tell people how it should be done...
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
becausephilchow
Sixth Man
And1: 1,272

Post#106 » by becausephilchow » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:57 am

curryking3 wrote:
becausephilchow wrote:Lowry/DD/Ross are all valuable this summer.

DD, as he's on a good contract still, and he's still got a year left I believe? Yes it's a one year rental, but, he's only a year removed from being an all-star.

Lowry is on a very cap friendly deal, and Ross...might still have a "potential" label on him.

Keep DD.

Trade Lowry and Ross for a single reliable output PG IMO.

Keeping DD just to let him expire though? Do you keep him and then risk losing him for nothing? Are you going to overpay for him?

I figure, since he's still only 1-Year removed from being an all-star, a team looking to get over the hump/rebuild quickly might look into him. Even though he's a 1-Yr Rental.

Him going to LAL makes a lot of sense, I think he would easily resign in LAL.
James_Raptors
RealGM
And1: 10,802

Post#107 » by James_Raptors » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:35 am

becausephilchow wrote:
curryking3 wrote:
becausephilchow wrote:Lowry/DD/Ross are all valuable this summer.

DD, as he's on a good contract still, and he's still got a year left I believe? Yes it's a one year rental, but, he's only a year removed from being an all-star.

Lowry is on a very cap friendly deal, and Ross...might still have a "potential" label on him.

Keep DD.

Keeping DD just to let him expire though? Do you keep him and then risk losing him for nothing? Are you going to overpay for him?

I figure, since he's still only 1-Year removed from being an all-star, a team looking to get over the hump/rebuild quickly might look into him. Even though he's a 1-Yr Rental.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. DeMar is only turning 26 in August and he seems to love the game. I have a hard time believing he would give up basketball, just like that.
08-14-'21:
(re: Scottie Barnes)
-Top 3 Raptors of all-time, 5+ ASG, Min 1 All-NBA 1st /2nd,Min 3 All-Def 1st or 2nd team,between years 2-3 in the running for best current player on our roster,best Raptor on the team, multiple years in a row

RIP Hater
J_Sky_G
Pro Prospect
And1: 854

Post#108 » by J_Sky_G » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:47 am

Name one coach Lowry hasn't agreed with, who is widely considered a good coach.
raptor jesus
RealGM
And1: 22,013

Post#109 » by raptor jesus » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:50 am

J_Sky_G wrote:Name one coach Lowry hasn't agreed with, who is widely considered a good coach.

He raves about Adelman.
becausephilchow
Sixth Man
And1: 1,272

Post#110 » by becausephilchow » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:54 am

James_Raptors wrote:
becausephilchow wrote:
curryking3 wrote:
Keep DD.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. DeMar is only turning 26 in August and he seems to love the game. I have a hard time believing he would give up basketball, just like that.

Hmm? Didn't say he would give up basketball.

Maybe you misread what I said? I said that he'd likely want to stay in LAL, if he was traded there. And that, I'd rather get some value for DD, rather than lose him for nothing, if you don't want to overpay for him. Since we know we can't win with him as 1A, or maybe even 1B.
DUNPHY
Analyst
And1: 1,591

Post#111 » by DUNPHY » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:58 am

Someone show me a picture of a fat Kyle Lowry that isnt his face/cheeks...
suntzuballin
Head Coach
And1: 2,770

Re: Re: Arthur: Lowry didn't want to re-sign here if Casey retained 

Post#112 » by suntzuballin » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:58 am

knickerbocker2k2 wrote:If Masai doesn't get rid of Lowry next season is lost.

Lowry is journeyman PG, who is he to call any shots? I think he is the problem in the locker room. I can't see any other player on the team having that sense of entitlement to dictate who and isn't the coach.
yes this suit his personality and that fact that he lobby to keep casey he should stand accountble for this.
James_Raptors
RealGM
And1: 10,802

Post#113 » by James_Raptors » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:02 am

becausephilchow wrote:
James_Raptors wrote:
becausephilchow wrote:

becausephilchow wrote:Hmm? Didn't say he would give up basketball.

Maybe you misread what I said? I said that he'd likely want to stay in LAL, if he was traded there. And that, I'd rather get some value for DD, rather than lose him for nothing, if you don't want to overpay for him. Since we know we can't win with him as 1A, or maybe even 1B.

You typed "resign". :wink:
08-14-'21:
(re: Scottie Barnes)
-Top 3 Raptors of all-time, 5+ ASG, Min 1 All-NBA 1st /2nd,Min 3 All-Def 1st or 2nd team,between years 2-3 in the running for best current player on our roster,best Raptor on the team, multiple years in a row

RIP Hater
suntzuballin
Head Coach

Post#114 » by suntzuballin » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:05 am

redeye514 wrote:This is not an endorsement of Casey, but Lowry feels like he is legit tier 1 superstar, and he's not. The early season MVP talk was steroids for his ego, not in a good way.

I'm all for ego, but I think Lowry enjoys reminding people / teammates that he's "the man" too much. His comments re game 7 "next time I will make the shot" (what about pass or simply make the right basketball play?), Lowry's comments in preseason "this is my team and i will lead my group into battle", up until game 3 when he was asked if he thinks we should adjust ball distribution to get others involved "no, me DeRozan and Lou get our shots, that's what we do, everyone e understands that"... Now I know some of you may say all of those comments are good, and what you want from A leader, but here's the problem, kyle hasn't won a damn thing in his career. Ever. You don't think, rightfully or wrongfully, that Patterson Vasquez JJ and even JV don't have big egos? Why would, or should, they listen to Kyle dictate to them that him and Lou get all the shots? When has Kyle ever proven that he's a winner??

The great thing about our guys is that our group will always say the right thing, because they're good teammates. I always found it odd how guys like GV and PPat go out of there way to say that this its Kyles team. I'm sure they all do like Kyle a whole lot too but winning masks a lot. clearly there are issues in the locker room and it really does seem to me to be a Kyle Lowry ego trip. The problem with the guys I just rattled off above is that none of them have a winni g history either, so who are they to call out Kyles ego? Make themselves look like a bad teammate? Nah. That's precisely why they talk to the media about needing to play unselfish basketball, hero ball, and needing a veteran jack ass in the locker room. To reign in Kyles ego.

I suspect that Masai is going to sit down with Kyle and have one of those heart to hearts with him. If he doesn't think Kyle can learn from this humiliating loss, specifically on how to be a better a leader, and better empower your foot soldiers (teammates), then Kyle will be gone.

Sent from my iPhone, excuse spelling mistakes.
yes exacty steriods (inflated ego)its gonna get worse b4 it gets better.Thats exactly it to this entitlement got jacked up when he made asg it gave it even more relevence,he wanted to prove it over and over again with hero ball etc the best thing is for him and raps to let him know that he isnt in that tier 1 player.If he settles down and accept to some degree he is a second option hes not a superstar you see a whole different player probly better,the question will his ego let that happen.
suntzuballin
Head Coach

Post#115 » by suntzuballin » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:13 am

This isnt go away they talk character about this team and this engine for this team is all about himself..They should get rid of him b4 another season is ruined.
mcgrady_1
Veteran
And1: 3,159

Post#116 » by mcgrady_1 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:19 am

This team gets significantly better without Casey or this team gets significantly worse without Lowry. Is there a choice here? I wanna see what this team can do with a good coach.
suntzuballin
Head Coach

Post#117 » by suntzuballin » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:27 am

SharoneWright wrote:
Geddy wrote:Masai should quietly dangle him in front of other GMs and if you can get a solid return he should run with it.

Dude is signed to a GREAT contract. Especially with the new CBA coming into effect. Any number of GM's might taking that chance.
hope this happen
Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,336

Post#118 » by Randle McMurphy » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:38 am

WildWolfdog wrote:Lol wow, I can't believe some of the people here. Lowry sucked since the All-Star break, fine. But Casey has sucked for 2 years. The Raptors had a great run with Lowry IN SPITE of Casey. What happened to the Raps when Lowry was not playing? Did they suddenly catch fire? No - they didn't. Did Casey suddenly get better? No, no he didn't.

All this "coach killer" crap is media base BS. It's exactly the same type of bull that Kessel gets. "Out of shape, coach killer" - when in fact Kessel is one of the most in shape players on the Leafs according to most reports. And he out skated Seguin at the All-Star game.

I can't believe how some people buy in to all the stuff the media feeds us and then run out star players ... seriously, wow.

Hit the nail on the head here. The Raptors don't even make the playoffs without Lowry playing like he did over the last two seasons. He held up his mediocre teammates and terrible coach (on a team that played absolutely no defense and had a disorganized free for all offense) until the weight of all that finally got to him. As we saw down the stretch and in the playoffs, the Raptors without All-Star Lowry was not a pretty sight at all.
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
Potential
RealGM
And1: 43,960

Post#119 » by Potential » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:40 am

WHY ARE THESE SCRUBS STILL ON THIS TEAM?? CAN WE AT LEAST GET RID OF ONE? SMFDH
dozendonuts
Sixth Man
And1: 2,878

Post#120 » by dozendonuts » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:43 am

I don't blame him to be honest. If I was a player Casey would be the last coach I would want to play for.
ElectricMayhem wrote:If Kevin Martin walks? You blow it up, you tank, you pray to high heaven that another once in a generation Kevin Martin-type player somehow lands on your team. That's all you can do, really.

Return to Toronto Raptors