ImageImageImageImageImage

Jamal Murray now 6th on DraftExpress, 10th on Nba draft. net

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

CoachJReturns
RealGM
And1: 10,535

Re: Jamal Murray now 9th on draft.net and 16th DraftExpress 

Post#21 » by CoachJReturns » Sat Jul 4, 2015 3:47 am

Anatomize wrote:Trading for either Gibson or T.Jones - Houston or Chicago will likely be asking for that prized Denver / NY pick along with Ross. I'm fine with plugging away at PF with a signing (like Seraphin), and just giving up on this year in terms of competing, and letting NY / Denver race to being bad so we can capitalize on either one of those picks.

Gibson has always been an average player and is 30 and Jones is not a starter for Houston. Theres no way we trade what looks like a top 10 pick for either of them. I agree that if that's what it takes though we just sign someone on the cheap. Let Patterson start this year. With Ross no longer starting, our rebounding will already be better. Sign Bismack as backup center.
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,881

Post#22 » by deeps6x » Sat Jul 4, 2015 3:50 am

Anatomize wrote:Trading for either Gibson or T.Jones - Houston or Chicago will likely be asking for that prized Denver / NY pick along with Ross. I'm fine with plugging away at PF with a signing (like Seraphin), and just giving up on this year in terms of competing, and letting NY / Denver race to being bad so we can capitalize on either one of those picks.

Which is why I'm really hoping Houston is in love with Josh Smith. If they want to bring him back they have to deal players to create space for him. That likely means DMO or Jones become available for next to nothing. Clippers pick and Ridnour's voidable contract. Or just Luke's contract might do it. Both have 1 year contracts in the $2.5 range and both fit into Luke's contract.

Land one of these two and we still might have a shot at fitting CoJo into our cap space if LMA chooses the Spurs.
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
Anatomize
General Manager
And1: 6,167

Post#23 » by Anatomize » Sat Jul 4, 2015 3:54 am

deeps6x wrote:

Which is why I'm really hoping Houston is in love with Josh Smith. If they want to bring him back they have to deal players to create space for him. That likely means DMO or Jones become available for next to nothing. Clippers pick and Ridnour's voidable contract. Or just Luke's contract might do it. Both have 1 year contracts in the $2.5 range and both fit into Luke's contract.

Land one of these two and we still might have a shot at fitting CoJo into our cap space if LMA chooses the Spurs.

What works in our favor is how well Smith played for Houston down the stretch (particularly the playoffs where he was hitting 3's at an insane clip - his achilles), how he and Dwight are best friends, and how Morey has gotten bargain contracts time and time again. I would LOVE T.Jones on this team and you have to imagine with them drafting Harrell they have way too many bodies at that spot.. he's one hell of a talent, but not at the price Morey is likely going to ask because he's great at fleecing other teams (including the renowned Presti).
SharoneWright
RealGM
And1: 12,501
Location: A low-variance future conducive to raising children

Post#24 » by SharoneWright » Sat Jul 4, 2015 3:56 am

Jay_Hawk wrote:Handles, speed, shot, and size all scream Brandon Roy to me. I'd love it if we could grab this kid...

He's not particulary fast is he? More like a half-step slow?
Is anybody here a marine biologist?
SharoneWright
RealGM

Post#25 » by SharoneWright » Sat Jul 4, 2015 4:18 am

Handles are nice, but not cross you over on the floor and break your ankles handles,, more like ball control handles, with a slightly high dribble. He'll get by you with some shake and bake moves and with some herky jerky stops and starts, but not with pure speed. I totally agree he's got good size and of course a great shot. To me, he's a young Grievis Vazquez. And not in a negative way. jmho
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,414

Post#26 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Sat Jul 4, 2015 4:45 am

Maybe this young talented prospect will be so attracted to our treadmill culture he'll give us consideration before signing with another team when his rookie deal ends.

#treadmill world order

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
Raptaz
Starter
And1: 2,400

Post#27 » by Raptaz » Sat Jul 4, 2015 9:10 am

Here are highlights of Murray against Balboa Prep.

http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1507585-highlights-jamal-murray?s=143

I would love to play on that court. That court's sick!
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,506

Post#28 » by OakleyDokely » Sat Jul 4, 2015 12:48 pm

Right in Knick pick territory.

Blasphemy
Bench Warmer
And1: 82

Post#29 » by Blasphemy » Sat Jul 4, 2015 12:50 pm

Bring him home!

"A wise man told me don't argue with fools, because people from a distance can't tell who is who." - Jay-Z
mojo13
Veteran
And1: 1,884

Post#30 » by mojo13 » Sat Jul 4, 2015 2:04 pm

Jonn wrote:
raptor jesus wrote:Reminds me of Eric Gordon, looking forward to see how he does at the next level.

It bothers me that people don't see him as a point guard. He is going to be a point guard and has an outstanding floor game that gets lost in his abillity to score the basketball apparently. Kentucky will be a great place to show why he is point guard as he will not be leaned on to score.

Kentucky is a terrible place to show his PG skills. Isiah Briscoe and Tyler Ulis are both better PGs than jamal. Murray will be fighting to see the floor let alone PG time.
Jay_Hawk
Pro Prospect
And1: 144

Post#31 » by Jay_Hawk » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:16 am

SharoneWright wrote:
Jay_Hawk wrote:Handles, speed, shot, and size all scream Brandon Roy to me. I'd love it if we could grab this kid...

I tried to give it a few more games to gauge his game better, but I still see the Brandon Roy comparison. You might be right that he's a *bit* slower, but I think his craftiness makes up for it.

Regardless, I want this kid on the Raps.

Props to Brunoskull for the sig.
RealGM
And1: 66,481

Post#32 » by 720 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:21 am

OakleyDokely wrote:Right in Knick pick territory.

Dream scenario being nuggets get the 1st pick and knicks get 2nd. lol
blastttOFF
General Manager
And1: 8,803

Post#33 » by blastttOFF » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:22 am

he will be the third canadian in 4 years to be drafted #1
Young_Buc
General Manager
And1: 9,130

Post#34 » by Young_Buc » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:23 am

Brandon Roy was never a super fast player. Just very smart with his dribble and change of pace. He reminds me a lot of Murray.

Bad comparison but dangelo Russell (who looked like a bust in summer league) also reminds me of Murray
SharoneWright
RealGM

Post#35 » by SharoneWright » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:23 am

Jay_Hawk wrote:
SharoneWright wrote:

I tried to give it a few more games to gauge his game better, but I still see the Brandon Roy comparison. You might be right that he's a *bit* slower, but I think his craftiness makes up for it.

Regardless, I want this kid on the Raps.

No doubt. Great player.
Undefeated
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,105

Post#36 » by Undefeated » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:25 am

I'm gonna stick to my comparison of Dame
Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?" - Jesus Shuttlesworth
SharoneWright
RealGM

Post#37 » by SharoneWright » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:33 am

Tyreke?
MEDIC
RealGM
And1: 8,978

Post#38 » by MEDIC » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:45 am

It was puzzling why they had him rated so low.

I think he will be a top 3 pick.
* Props to the man, the myth, the legend......TZ.
MEDIC
RealGM

Post#39 » by MEDIC » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:50 am

SharoneWright wrote:

He looks pretty fast to me. He can get up & down the court with the ball in a hurry.

Might not have an elite first step, but he is crafty enough that he can get by without it.

He is much faster than GV & way more athletic overall. Did you see some of Murrays drives to the basket? I also think JM will be a decent defender because he has good foot speed/ lateral quicks.

The knock on Roy was that he lacked athleticism, but as he showed in the NBA.....that was complete nonsense.
MEDIC
RealGM

Post#40 » by MEDIC » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:09 am

After watching more Brandon Roy footage, I think that comparison is pretty much as spot on as you can get.

- Very similar size
- Very similar athleticism
- Very similar ability to handle the ball
- Very good passing instincts

I think JM needs some more work to his jumper to get the Roy level, but everything else is there.

Let's not forget the kid is 18, stayed in Canada throughout highschool & his body has yet to mature fully. Would be interesting to see footage of Roy at 18 years old.

His game us super impressive. You don't see many kids his age with that kind of natural feel for the game.

Return to Toronto Raptors