ImageImageImageImageImage

James Johnson 2015 Season Highlights

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Risk101
General Manager
And1: 19,145

Post#1 » by Risk101 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:39 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA-hNvBarfw[/youtube]

For the limited amount of time he's had on the court he as the most highlights of all the Raptors combined. He needs more floor time next season.
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Re: James Johnson 2015 Season Highlights 

Post#2 » by Kabookalu » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:41 pm

He'd be an all star if he could shoot.
Read on Twitter
Ganan23
Banned User
And1: 2,059

Post#3 » by Ganan23 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:51 pm

Choker wrote:He'd be an all star if he could shoot.

Or a starter
vi3t
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,355

Post#4 » by vi3t » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:51 pm

that's a lot of drive and dunk, imagine if we could get ross to do that
Kabookalu
RealGM

Post#5 » by Kabookalu » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:52 pm

vi3t wrote:that's a lot of drive and dunk, imagine if we could get ross to do that

He might die from shock.

Read on Twitter
orbesnet
Head Coach
And1: 4,276

Post#6 » by orbesnet » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:53 pm

And people wonder why the fans love this guy... who else on our team is playing this aggressively?
Pascal to the future.
RealityIsDemar
Rookie
And1: 1,164

Post#7 » by RealityIsDemar » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:53 pm

Honestly, James Johnson is of a special breed. He doesn't look to shoot which is great. Takes it right to the basket and converts very efficiently.
Shoutout to Bruno Skull for the sig
Ganan23
Banned User
And1: 2,059

Post#8 » by Ganan23 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:02 pm

RealityIsDemar wrote:Honestly, James Johnson is of a special bread. He doesnt look to shoot which is great. Takes it right to the basket and converts very efficiently.

Breed fam not "Bread" :lol:

RealityIsDemar
Rookie
And1: 1,164

Post#9 » by RealityIsDemar » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:04 pm

:wink:
Ganan23 wrote:
RealityIsDemar wrote:Honestly, James Johnson is of a special bread. He doesnt look to shoot which is great. Takes it right to the basket and converts very efficiently.

Breed fam not "Bread" :lol:

:lol: This is what happens when you have to take a shift at 6 and you fall asleep at 3... :banghead:
Shoutout to Bruno Skull for the sig
Left Side Drive
Head Coach
And1: 4,143

Post#10 » by Left Side Drive » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:07 pm

Didn't mean to watch the whole thing but was mesmerized throughout.
Looking for a new signature. Currently, still evaluating.
Double Helix
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 28,754

Post#11 » by Double Helix » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:07 pm

It's such a shame he may never figure it all out and become the kind of special 2-way talent he could be if he could shoot a little better and stay out of the dog house with coaches.

He really can do some things that are truly rare for a man of his size. As in... Some of those drives are Lebron James-like. And I say that without hesitation. Don't get that twisted. I'm just talking about a man his size being able to move as gracefully as he can while attacking the net. His martial arts background definitely gave him incredible balance. If he could shoot and was smart enough to find a way to play 30mpg he'd be on every team's wish list.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Kabookalu
RealGM

Post#12 » by Kabookalu » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:09 pm

Double Helix wrote:He really can do some things that are truly rare for a man of his size. As in... Some of those drives are Lebron James-like. And I say that without hesitation. Don't get that twisted. I'm just talking about a man his size being able to move as gracefully as he can while attacking the net. His martial arts background definitely gave him incredible balance.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

To be honest I don't think LeBron can do a spin move as gracefully as James Johnson can. I saw it once and LeBron fell on his ass trying it.

Read on Twitter
curryking3
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,994

Post#13 » by curryking3 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:09 pm

Risk101 wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA-hNvBarfw[/youtube]

For the limited amount of time he's had on the court he as the most highlights of all the Raptors combined. He needs more floor time next season.

Amazing....

Wait.... why wasn't he our starting SF again?

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
raptors3
Sophomore
And1: 264

Post#14 » by raptors3 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:16 pm

There weren't many clips with him and DD on teh court at the same time but at the time where they were, they had really good chemistry. JJ cuts at perfect times when DD attracts the extra defenders. I actually noticed that last year but wondered why they never played together much. Sure you lose some 3point shooting but they still found ways to score and make good plays.
Kabookalu
RealGM

Post#15 » by Kabookalu » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:20 pm

raptors3 wrote:There weren't many clips with him and DD on teh court at the same time but at the time where they were, they had really good chemistry. JJ cuts at perfect times when DD attracts the extra defenders. I actually noticed that last year but wondered why they never played together much. Sure you lose some 3point shooting but they still found ways to score and make good plays.

I was in New Orleans when the Raptors played the Pelicans. Wasn't planning on going until I saw lower bowl seats for $5. The biggest thing I took away from it was Lou was a cancer. No one had chemistry with him. The second biggest thing I took away from it was DeRozan's and James Johnson's synergy together. They were talking to each other the most and played like they've been together for years. I always kind of assumed that James Johnson was a maverick that had no chemistry with anyone, but what I saw was the complete opposite. He spoke like a leader and composed himself well during his time out there. I was really impressed.

Read on Twitter
JWiLL02
RealGM
And1: 2,443

Post#16 » by JWiLL02 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:08 pm

People can argue all they want about how he didn't always 'play within himself' and tried to 'do too much' but when you're also watching the ridiculous leash Casey gave to Grevis and Lou all year I couldn't take that argument seriously.

He needed more playing time. Period. Book it. Etc.

Lowry
DeMar
DeMarre
JJ
Bebe

That's a nasty small ball line up with length and lane intimidation.

Hell, it's not even small but you have good quickness everywhere and offensive balance. Plus two nifty interior passers.

Replace Bebe with Pat for better spacing.
*Sig courtesy of Raptors' royalty 'Turbozone'. http://www.turbozone.ca"
GreatDane
Banned User
And1: 571

Post#17 » by GreatDane » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:10 pm

JWiLL02 wrote:People can argue all they want about how he didn't always 'play within himself' and tried to 'do too much' but when you're also watching the ridiculous leash Casey gave to Grevis and Lou all year I couldn't take that argument seriously.

Lowry
DeMar
DeMarre
JJ
Bebe

Hell, it's not even small but you have good quickness everywhere and offensive balance. Plus two nifty interior passers.

Is this a joke? Bebe is a horrendously bad basketball player who will be playing in Brazil once his contract is up.
Volcano
RealGM
And1: 7,780

Post#18 » by Volcano » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:11 pm

this is weird..

82 games says Vasquez/Lou Williams/James Johnson/PP/Hansbrough was the 2nd most played line-up of the season

Our most effective line-ups with over 50 min played are:

71.4 win%, 64.3 min: Lowry/Ross/DD/PP/Amir
64.2 win%, 117.4 min: Lowry/Ross/JJ/Amir/JV
60 win%, 85.7 min: Lowry/DD/JJ/Amir/JV
59.4 win%, 228.6 min: Vasquez/Williams/JJ/PP/Hansbrough
58.8 win%, 73.8 min: Lowry/Williams/DD/PP/Amir
55 win%, 131.9 min: GV/Williams/Ross/PP/Hansbrough

For the top 20 line-ups in terms of minutes played, none of them have JJ at PF. So I guess that's what they were talking about with JJ not knowing his spots at the PF position as he has little experience there, which seems weird as he seems like a really obvious candidate as a small ball PF..why wasn't he groomed for that role?

In Game 3, we played a line-up of:
Amir/JJ/Derozan/Lou Williams/GV

and

JV/JJ/Derozan/Ross/GV

A really small sample size, but the first line-up basically went down a possession while the 2nd line-up went poorly with JJ missing 4 FT's combined with some really bad defense as Amir went out for JV, Ross struggling again, GV ('nuff said), and I'll assume DD is a non-factor defensively.

Considering JJ at SF was in three of the top six line-ups in terms of minutes played + win%, what was the reasoning he couldn't get minutes there? We needed 3 point shooting, but at the expense of defense and having a better interior threat/slashing/off-ball movement? A 19 minute key rotation player suddenly got cut-off to zero minutes. Seems like we essentially adjusted before the series started by changing the rotation and experimented with new line-ups in the playoffs. An interesting idea, but I thought adjustments were supposed to be made in reaction to games that have already been played and based off of what wasn't working? How was that assessment made before the series started?
plainballing
Head Coach
And1: 1,590

Post#19 » by plainballing » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:16 pm

Choker wrote:He'd be an all star if he could shoot.

I can only imagine if JJ can shoot like Bargs once can...
http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx144/lillehammer/Turbo_Zone_Little_Ozzy_Davis.jpg
Risk101
General Manager
And1: 19,145

Post#20 » by Risk101 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:25 pm

GreatDane wrote:
JWiLL02 wrote:People can argue all they want about how he didn't always 'play within himself' and tried to 'do too much' but when you're also watching the ridiculous leash Casey gave to Grevis and Lou all year I couldn't take that argument seriously.

Lowry
DeMar
DeMarre
JJ
Bebe

Is this a joke? Bebe is a horrendously bad basketball player who will be playing in Brazil once his contract is up.

You have clue what you are talking about.

Bebe is a skilled defensive bigman. He's far from trash.

Return to Toronto Raptors