ImageImageImageImageImage

James Johnson 2015 Season Highlights

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

MoMan24
Analyst
And1: 3,615

Re: James Johnson 2015 Season Highlights 

Post#81 » by MoMan24 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:03 pm

This guys spin move and putting the ball over his head 2 step ala Wade is unstoppable. His combo of size strength, agility, quickness, and body control are really unmatched. I would tell my brother watching Raptors games that not only does JJ get to the rim basically at will he finishes at a godlike rate. This guy is criminally underrated. #FireCasey #FreeJJ #FreeJV
Kenyon009
Banned User
And1: 1,869

Post#82 » by Kenyon009 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:41 pm

MoMan24 wrote:This guys spin move and putting the ball over his head 2 step ala Wade is unstoppable. His combo of size strength, agility, quickness, and body control are really unmatched. I would tell my brother watching Raptors games that not only does JJ get to the rim basically at will he finishes at a godlike rate. This guy is criminally underrated. #FireCasey #FreeJJ #FreeJV

I would have to say that him playing big minutes is honestly more productive than DeRozan. He has a better all around game from rebounding, help defense, passing, ball handling, getting to the rim, and their three point shooting seems no different. I would have honestly tried to trade DeRozan for a better shooting SG last season so JJ could have been given more minutes. I'm still hoping he starts at the four, his ability to take contact and finish is only second to LeBron if anybody.

Val
JJ
Carroll
DeRozan
Lowry
MoMan24
Analyst
And1: 3,615

Post#83 » by MoMan24 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:14 pm

Kenyon009 wrote:
MoMan24 wrote:This guys spin move and putting the ball over his head 2 step ala Wade is unstoppable. His combo of size strength, agility, quickness, and body control are really unmatched. I would tell my brother watching Raptors games that not only does JJ get to the rim basically at will he finishes at a godlike rate. This guy is criminally underrated. #FireCasey #FreeJJ #FreeJV

I would have to say that him playing big minutes is honestly more productive than DeRozan. He has a better all around game from rebounding, help defense, passing, ball handling, getting to the rim, and their three point shooting seems no different. I would have honestly tried to trade DeRozan for a better shooting SG last season so JJ could have been given more minutes. I'm still hoping he starts at the four, his ability to take contact and finish is only second to LeBron if anybody.

Val
JJ
Carroll
DeRozan
Lowry

Imagine if JJ was drafted my us in 2009 by use instead of DD and we handed him a starting spot right away with all the minutes he can handle. Then let him run wild in his second year when the tank began. I am getting a boner thinking what could he be. I also honestly feel that he can make a set 3 point shoot especially from the corners. it's not like Draymond Green is a knockdown shooter and only ever takes wide open ones.
Kenyon009
Banned User
And1: 1,869

Post#84 » by Kenyon009 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:39 pm

MoMan24 wrote:Imagine if JJ was drafted my us in 2009 by use instead of DD and we handed him a starting spot right away with all the minutes he can handle. Then let him run wild in his second year when the tank began. I am getting a boner thinking what could he be. I also honestly feel that he can make a set 3 point shoot especially from the corners. it's not like Draymond Green is a knockdown shooter and only ever takes wide open ones.

It's ridiculous how DeRozan gets to be the first option while having a very limited range of skills. He can't do many things well other than get to the FT line. He's going to be one of those guys that Casey trusts for no reason and be called a "scorer" because he can put up points on low volume. In this league DeRozan at best is a sixth man, he can't play defense, pass, or rebound. He's too weak of a shooter to play the 2 as well. He's stuck between being a three and a two because he can't shoot and he's undersized.
Badonkadonk
Head Coach
And1: 11,756

Post#85 » by Badonkadonk » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:44 pm

YoungG wrote:I always looked at JJ as the same kind of mould as Scottie Pippin. A two-way player with a knack for also doing the little things that can contribute to your team to win. I think it all stems from Magic Johnson which is where that player type derives from and JJ could be so much better had he worked on his jumper, decision making and his attitude. Some of those highlights were LeBron James-esque and JJ will obviously never be like Lebron but he could do more of these things on a consistent basis if he continued to work on those three things mentioned from before.

It's going to be fun when JJ changes teams for the 6th time and people are still wondering why he only gets limited minutes off the bench.

Just maybe, people will stop blaming his circumstances and lack of opportunity and figure out it's him ... but probably not.
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#86 » by Kabookalu » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:19 am

MoMan24 wrote:
Kenyon009 wrote:

Val
JJ
Carroll
DeRozan
Lowry

Imagine if JJ was drafted my us in 2009 by use instead of DD and we handed him a starting spot right away with all the minutes he can handle. Then let him run wild in his second year when the tank began. I am getting a boner thinking what could he be. I also honestly feel that he can make a set 3 point shoot especially from the corners. it's not like Draymond Green is a knockdown shooter and only ever takes wide open ones.

We could have used his rookie year to help him slim down after weighing 40 pounds overweight coming into camp, and then feed him 36 minutes a game so that he can work on his jumper because we know he's never going to practice it in the offseason until he reaches the age of 26. We'll do this in spite of him clashing with the coaching staff and freelancing 80% of the time.

The funny thing was that we actually did force feed James Johnson when he was here the first time around, and it didn't work. He wanted the ball in his hands all the time and never once improved his jumper. If you're going to dominate the ball without a jumper then you better be assisting or scoring at elite rates that ranks amongst the league leaders, and he didn't do that. The guy didn't want to play within a team offense, he only thought about himself first and foremost.

Now if this guy was 18 years old with the talent and attitude he has now? Absolutely. Feed him all the minutes he needs to develop, have him work with assistant coaches on his jumper day in day out, and hope that he becomes a respectable jumpshooter that warrants letting him dominate the ball. Though he's a decade older than 18 years old, and at 18 years old he was nowhere near as mature as he is now.
Read on Twitter
ybilynets
Ballboy
And1: 16

Post#87 » by ybilynets » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:42 pm

man I hope he's working on his shot with reggie miller this summer
dalton749
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,433

Post#88 » by dalton749 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:03 pm

Having him start is intriguing
Demar, Carroll, jj would probably be able to effectively switch a lot, recover and make things easier on jv

Return to Toronto Raptors