ImageImageImageImageImage

Basketball Insiders: Raptors "have not entertained" DeRozan trade

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

RealRapsFan
Sixth Man
And1: 893

Re: Basketball Insiders: Raptors "have not entertained" DeRozan trade 

Post#81 » by RealRapsFan » Sun Aug 2, 2015 12:17 pm

Gold Dragon wrote:
tsherkin wrote:That doesn't make logical sense, no. It consumes a chunk of our cap when players with lesser reputations and better results could fill that same hole. The market is irrelevant in the case of a player like Demar.

The market is relevant because it determines how tradable Demar will be after signing. Of course you want him on as low a deal as possible to maintain flexibility. But if the market shows he is worth the max, he can still be traded. Also it shows that the organization is willing to pay players what they are worth and makes them a more attractive destination in trades and free agency.

Thats not true. The "market price" is set by one person (ie. team in this case). It's the price someone is willing to pay. But market price doesn't necessarily mean market value.

So if only one person is willing to pay Demar the max, and Masai matches, our market to trade would be 1 person.

Next you have to consider, even if the same person continued to want him, said person would be required to give up something in a trade... now actually costing them more. So said person would need to believe Derozan is even more valuable than the max (or the market price they created).

Matching an offer doesn't make a player 1) worth it 2) market value 3) more (or equally) tradable.

Also it shows that the organization is willing to pay players what they are worth and makes them a more attractive destination in trades and free agency.

this doesn't make sense. The organization has shown a willingness to pay players more than they are worth... arguably they have had to just to attract players.
Optimism Bias is the tendency of individuals to underestimate the likelihood they will experience adverse events. Optimistic bias cannot be reduced, and by trying to reduce the optimistic bias the end result was generally even more optimistically biased
curryking3
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,994

Re: 

Post#82 » by curryking3 » Sun Aug 2, 2015 2:44 pm

Sherdognba wrote:**** the haters

Demar is a raptors for life !

:nod:
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#83 » by will » Sun Aug 2, 2015 4:07 pm

Smokescreen.
NorthernNemesis
Senior
And1: 707

Post#84 » by NorthernNemesis » Sun Aug 2, 2015 7:55 pm

GreatWhiteStiff wrote:
Yallbecrazy wrote:
Raps Maniac wrote:I call BS on this article.

There is no way Masai is that stupid.

Maybe Masai is smarter than the 75% of idiots on this forum that think DD isn't a star

Masai traded lowry for basicly nothing when he was trying to tank. If he's that smart, he's also quite stupid. And lowry is > demar even with his issues.

I'm sorry but Lowry is not a better player than Demar.
Kenyon009
Banned User
And1: 1,869

Post#85 » by Kenyon009 » Sun Aug 2, 2015 7:58 pm

NorthernNemesis wrote:
GreatWhiteStiff wrote:
Yallbecrazy wrote:
Maybe Masai is smarter than the 75% of idiots on this forum that think DD isn't a star

Masai traded lowry for basicly nothing when he was trying to tank. If he's that smart, he's also quite stupid. And lowry is > demar even with his issues.

Lol Lowry is a much better player than DeRozan. Show me a stat where he's better other than FTAs lol.
bballsparkin
RealGM
And1: 7,497

Post#86 » by bballsparkin » Sun Aug 2, 2015 8:00 pm

DeRozan get mentioned because he is an All-Star and a lot of fans want more than what he provides and mention him as the stepping stone to a better player.

This sentence makes me laugh. Editing is a must.
NorthernNemesis
Senior

Post#87 » by NorthernNemesis » Sun Aug 2, 2015 9:05 pm

Kenyon009 wrote:
NorthernNemesis wrote:
GreatWhiteStiff wrote:

Lol Lowry is a much better player than DeRozan. Show me a stat where he's better other than FTAs lol.

i don't give a flying **** about stats, Lowry scored 6 points in a playoff game Derozan was our ONLY guy. The haters are blind.
Badonkadonk
Head Coach
And1: 11,756

Post#88 » by Badonkadonk » Sun Aug 2, 2015 9:25 pm

This thread is ridiculous, even by realgm standards.

Should we have an article on everything that Masai is not doing?

"Raptors have not tried trading for Lebron James"
"Raptors have not been having secret talks with Jeff Van Gundy"
"Raptors have not 'entertained' trading away its Knicks/Nuggets 2016 pick for a PF"

So they haven't been calling teams about trading Derozan ... so what??

Mygod. Lowest form of journalism when there's absolutely no story.
Kenyon009
Banned User
And1: 1,869

Post#89 » by Kenyon009 » Mon Aug 3, 2015 1:42 am

NorthernNemesis wrote:i don't give a flying **** about stats, Lowry scored 6 points in a playoff game Derozan was our ONLY guy. The haters are blind.

It's about sample size. DeRozan got a few months off while Lowry was carrying his work load too.
azorian
Veteran
And1: 1,660

Post#90 » by azorian » Mon Aug 3, 2015 2:19 am

I think most fans know better to believe what's written. Our gms are all tight lipped and every deal has come from left field.
Volcano
RealGM
And1: 7,780

Post#91 » by Volcano » Mon Aug 3, 2015 2:53 am

NorthernNemesis wrote:
Kenyon009 wrote:
NorthernNemesis wrote:I'm sorry but Lowry is not a better player than Demar.

i don't give a flying **** about stats, Lowry scored 6 points in a playoff game Derozan was our ONLY guy. The haters are blind.

Lowry sucked for the second half of the season while Derozan improved slightly in the latter half.

With Derozan leading us, we were a borderline playoff team and sucked.
With Lowry leading us, we were a top team in the league.

Whether Lowry can get back to all-star mode is questionable, but Derozan has never had that kind of impact in his career. Hence why we suck every time he becomes the best player on our team by default. Amir was a more important player to our team in the prior year, anchoring our top 10 defense. When he regressed, our defense plummeted.

DD gets a lot of fan boys because of the "20 PPG" mark that uneducated people use as a marker for identifying good players. He's a superstar off the court and he's an ideal guy to have on your team based on character and personality, which adds to his value. On the court, he's very mediocre and the results speak for itself.
Rhythm043
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,865

Post#92 » by Rhythm043 » Mon Aug 3, 2015 10:27 pm

bonjovi0308 wrote:If this is true Masai should be fired, seriously

Lol
On Gerald Henderson vs Derozan:
"Yes. Hendo is quite a bit better than DeMar.
So yes, I do believe he's currently the better player and do project that will continue to be in the future. I would also take Turner over DD."
--Throwback24,Jan 2014
pkiskool
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,073

Post#93 » by pkiskool » Tue Aug 4, 2015 1:43 pm

As much as I dislike DD, he is "o.k" to have for his contract.
If we give him the max, now that would make me want to consider stop watching.
Rapz
Banned User
And1: 1,191

Re: Re: 

Post#94 » by Rapz » Tue Aug 4, 2015 1:53 pm

curryking3 wrote:
Sherdognba wrote:**** the haters

Demar is a raptors for life !

:nod:

so you want more of this??

DeMar DeRozan has been one of the most inefficient, high-usage players in the NBA. In fact, he was the only qualifier for minutes last season to have a true shooting percentage below 52 with a usage rate of at least 28. Even the “analytics are dumb” crowd will attest that high usage and low efficiency is a bad formula. The Raptors likely know this and will look to cut down on his mid-range shooting. DD took a whopping 508 mid-range shots last season and only made 35.8 percent of them. He’s also not fouled as much on those, so his favorable 83.2 percent at the line from last year is less useful, too.

Usually, a player getting a pass results in higher efficiency. However, on DeRozan’s 916 shots off a pass, he made just 40.9 percent from the field, which is lower than his total of 41.3 percent. That does not compute. The passing was much better than his multi-dribbling attempts because his efficiency is way down on shots with three-plus dribbles. On those 420 shots last year, he had an effective field goal percentage of 38.3. That’s unbelievably bad, especially considering those types of shots accounted for 42.5 percent of his total.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nba/55530/47/changes-for-bulls--and--raptors
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,414

Post#95 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Tue Aug 4, 2015 11:57 pm

There was actually a hilarious onionesque article where the raptors tried to ban derozan from shooting shots where he literally didn't have a foot in the paint. So they've been embracing those analytics and either he or casey or whatever simply ignores it and does what he wants most of the time. Though I believe he stuck with it more at the end of last year (when he was getting better results). It'll be interesting to see how well Iso-Dero plays if he plays "analyticly" and if he can step up his outside shooting game.

Also we'll see if he still gets calls if he's not the only allstar on the team, if that changes or whatever.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
Traps13
Starter
And1: 3,100

Post#96 » by Traps13 » Wed Aug 5, 2015 12:13 am

Kenyon009 wrote:
NorthernNemesis wrote:i don't give a flying **** about stats, Lowry scored 6 points in a playoff game Derozan was our ONLY guy. The haters are blind.

It's about sample size. DeRozan got a few months off while Lowry was carrying his work load too.

This makes me lol
NorthernNemesis
Senior

Post#97 » by NorthernNemesis » Wed Aug 5, 2015 3:40 am

Traps13 wrote:
Kenyon009 wrote:

This makes me lol

which part

Return to Toronto Raptors