ImageImageImageImageImage

ESPN: Toronto could make strong bid for Markieff Morris

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Raptolicism
Rookie
And1: 480

Re: RE: Re: ESPN: Toronto could make strong bid for Markieff Morris 

Post#121 » by Raptolicism » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:41 pm

Toobuff wrote:
Can you please elaborate on that? I don't believe I've seen that statement before.

Here is a quote from Vince Marrota, a local sports radio host "Because what the Morris brothers don’t realize is, they’re toxic. They’ve proven they can’t play together at the NBA level (see 2014-15)"

There have been others who've noted that all of the Morris's troubles started when they were united together in Phoenix and that them being on the same team is what led to a lot of their troubles.

Thanks for the reply. Would be interesting to know specifically in what ways their duo is negative, but I guess they focus on each other too much on the court. I've certainly seen duos favour one another in pick up games, so I am picturing something similar. I guess it's moot anyways since they are separated now.
YEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!! WE THE CHAMPS BABY!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Ganjamayne
Starter
And1: 5,308

Re: ESPN: Toronto could make strong bid for Markieff Morris 

Post#122 » by Ganjamayne » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:42 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/basketballtalk/status/632213616922521600[/tweet]
RedX
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,947

Post#123 » by RedX » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:51 pm

Syd-TK3 wrote:Lowry can can keep him in check.

But I think it be better if we got him somehow without getting rid of Patterson Id like to keep pat on the team as a backup and help the bench with 3 point shooting

Or be influenced by him, as was shown with Lou Will. I'm actually more worried about our team fitting into Morris' attitude than about him fitting in with ours.
Mr Gametime
Junior
And1: 117

Post#124 » by Mr Gametime » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:56 pm

If we can't trade for Markief Morris another player who's still available is Michael Beasley, similar skill set at half the price...
When the rich rob the poor it's called business, when the poor fight back it's called violence.
Mr-Al
Senior
And1: 225

Post#125 » by Mr-Al » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:19 pm

I posted this in the trade forum, how do you guys feel about it?

Boston: Terrence Ross, Lucas Nogueira, Cavs 2016 pick (late 1st)

Raptors: Markieff Morris, Evan Turner

Suns: Sullinger, James Johnson
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,390

Post#126 » by Mikistan » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:29 pm

Mr-Al wrote:I posted this in the trade forum, how do you guys feel about it?

I don't know if Boston does that, unless they intend to not sign TROSS for a bigger splash this offseason

Either way, I like Chief Kief and if we dont give up 2pat in the process AND get the best player in the trade (+turner who plugs the wing backup spot well) itd be a win
alevirfe
Starter
And1: 1,683

Post#127 » by alevirfe » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:31 pm

Raps need Terrence's 3-point shooting and Evan Turner is a poor mans Derozan. I like Morris but not many trades make sense for him because we already have Patterson who's the better 3pt shooter

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
mintsa wrote: Yeah….the “new car smell” is starting to wear off with Scottie.

bongmarley wrote:I thought he was supposed to be an elite defender. He is horrible. On the perimeter he gets blown by everytime Its really bad
Mr-Al
Senior
And1: 225

Post#128 » by Mr-Al » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:32 pm

Mikistan wrote:
Mr-Al wrote:I posted this in the trade forum, how do you guys feel about it?

I don't know if Boston does that, unless they intend to not sign TROSS for a bigger splash this offseason

Either way, I like Chief Kief and if we dont give up 2pat in the process AND get the best player in the trade (+turner who plugs the wing backup spot well) itd be a win

Honestly I thought the Raptors get the best end of this too but people on the trade forum are saying the opposite which confuses me
MS13
Veteran
And1: 4,496

Post#129 » by MS13 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:34 pm

I'm slowly warming up to the idea of acquiring Markieff Morris. As much as we love Patterson - MM is a more dynamic player and I believe we've seen what Patterson is capable of.
dante9988
Rookie
And1: 1,110

Post#130 » by dante9988 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:38 pm

Terrence ross is booty cheese, yeah we really need his 1.8 threes a game and his non existent dribble drive game and crappy defense. Gimme Markieffer sutherland any day of the week. Besides I thought we were all on the norman goatwell train.
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#131 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:44 pm

Don't forget that seeing as we aren't going the tank and rebuild route, and that who really cares about how the 905 gets stacked, we actually have more first rounders in the coming year, than it would make sense to use. I mean if you add in Bruno, Bebe, Wright, Powell, two pick next year, and two picks the year after if Clips make playoffs, than that's probably a bit too much youth for a playoff team to be carrying. I'd be ok parting with the Clips pick to sweeten any deal for Morris, as there's no chance it's a lottery. My preference would be to include the pick instead of including Patterson.
MoMan24
Analyst
And1: 3,615

Post#132 » by MoMan24 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:04 pm

OAKLEY_2 wrote:
MoMan24 wrote:
Young_Buc wrote:Morris is a player who's gotten better every year and looks like he's ready to take the next step. If you can swap him for 2pat, you do it. I think people are letting their emotions get involved with Patterson because he's so a part of the city.

Exactly, people here act like him speaking well to the media helps us win games. I watched Markiefs highlights and the man is a lot better than Patterson it is not debatable. This guy almost helped carry the Suns the playoffs in the west 2 years in a row and has been getting better. If you want to improve your chance of getting out of round one you get Kief period.

Not giving up Pat to get Morris. If you can get him for assets not in the rotation that is one thing but Phoenix can eff off if they want Pat or JJ. Just not happening.

This is what I don't get. Pat is a guy that helps chemistry and is a good guy. So was GV, so was Amir, and Lou. We still got out the first round and played bad in the second half of the season. Chemistry and liking our city and being good guys is nice, but it hasn't won us anything when it matters. You guys realize Pat is a role player and will never be anything more. You speak on him like he can't be traded for a guy who is clearly better. We have too improve our talent level period first. I agree keep Pat if you can, but if you can't so be it.
UneducatedFan86
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,590

Post#133 » by UneducatedFan86 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:15 pm

I "love" this board. Although I think any type of trade involving Morris is doubtful, this would give us a chance to upgrade a position of need and get a legit starter. But because one of the team's golden boys might be part of the trade, people are trying to find every reason to hate it. Is Morris an angel? No. Does he have issues? Yes. But so did Lowry coming in and so do most players in this league. Morris is a definite upgrade over what we currently have and is going to be on a very team friendly contract. Why would anyone be against that?

The viewpoint that every player on this team is just one game away from a break out and has more value than other established players in the league is tiring. I understand having a bit of a bias for a guy that we cheer for every night, but it doesn't mean that we have to blindly just think they are better than they are. Patterson has not done a single thing to prove to me that he can be a legit starter. He has been given many chances and has never really excelled at it.

Too many people are harping on the whole chemistry thing. We just traded/didn't re-sign more than a quarter of our team. We have no idea how the chemistry will be next season. For all we know, this team will come in and completely bomb. Chemistry won't matter then. The only thing you can do is get the best players you can and hope for the best. Morris would fit that.
RealityIsDemar
Rookie
And1: 1,164

Post#134 » by RealityIsDemar » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:41 pm

Morris has perfect potential to be a huge Masai fleece. Not saying I want him, but he is talented.
Shoutout to Bruno Skull for the sig
almatic
Veteran
And1: 1,713

Post#135 » by almatic » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:54 pm

Mr Gametime wrote:If we can't trade for Markief Morris another player who's still available is Michael Beasley, similar skill set at half the price...

We'd probably lose Michael Beasley to suspension for "violating the NBA anti-drug policies" after the Raptors' preseason trip to BC...
almatic
Veteran
And1: 1,713

Post#136 » by almatic » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:56 pm

Ganjamayne wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/basketballtalk/status/632213616922521600[/tweet]

Can't say that I remember the last time I've seen "Raptors" among a players' list of preferred trade destinations before lol
MS13
Veteran
And1: 4,496

Post#137 » by MS13 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:00 pm

UneducatedFan86 wrote:I "love" this board. Although I think any type of trade involving Morris is doubtful, this would give us a chance to upgrade a position of need and get a legit starter. But because one of the team's golden boys might be part of the trade, people are trying to find every reason to hate it. Is Morris an angel? No. Does he have issues? Yes. But so did Lowry coming in and so do most players in this league. Morris is a definite upgrade over what we currently have and is going to be on a very team friendly contract. Why would anyone be against that?

The viewpoint that every player on this team is just one game away from a break out and has more value than other established players in the league is tiring. I understand having a bit of a bias for a guy that we cheer for every night, but it doesn't mean that we have to blindly just think they are better than they are. Patterson has not done a single thing to prove to me that he can be a legit starter. He has been given many chances and has never really excelled at it.

Too many people are harping on the whole chemistry thing. We just traded/didn't re-sign more than a quarter of our team. We have no idea how the chemistry will be next season. For all we know, this team will come in and completely bomb. Chemistry won't matter then. The only thing you can do is get the best players you can and hope for the best. Morris would fit that.

People on this board get attached to players easily. Remember Sonny Weems and Ed Davis? Some people on here are still waiting for those two to come back. I believe 2Pat might be the next RealGM Golden Boy.
bluerap23
Head Coach
And1: 6,577

Post#138 » by bluerap23 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:02 pm

Ganjamayne wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/basketballtalk/status/632213616922521600[/tweet]

I could see a 3way
Markief to Houston
PPat to Phoenix
TJones to Toronto
Mr Gametime
Junior
And1: 117

Post#139 » by Mr Gametime » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:08 pm

almatic wrote:
Mr Gametime wrote:If we can't trade for Markief Morris another player who's still available is Michael Beasley, similar skill set at half the price...

We'd probably lose Michael Beasley to suspension for "violating the NBA anti-drug policies" after the Raptors' preseason trip to BC...

Can we stop harassing people for doing drugs, the guy can play.
When the rich rob the poor it's called business, when the poor fight back it's called violence.
whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,510

Post#140 » by whitehops » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:20 pm

bluerap23 wrote:

I could see a 3way
Markief to Houston
PPat to Phoenix
TJones to Toronto

why wouldn't phoenix just trade morris for terrence jones?

Return to Toronto Raptors