ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Hawks Mike Scott Admits Fault -- Could Face up to 25 Years.

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,786

Re: OT: Hawks Mike Scott Admits Fault -- Could Face up to 25 Years. 

Post#41 » by Dennis 37 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:30 pm

HighOctane wrote:.... There's a good subset of the population who is scared of marijuana as it is. Why? Their logic is pretty murky but people stand by what they believe in, a strength and weakness at the same time. Without sounding like a hippie, people need to open their minds and recognize that we need a flexible way of governing ourselves, one that doesn't have most people in the dark, and picking on figureheads, commenting on how Stephen Harper looks, or how Trudeau struts around in fashion shows. It's like Keeping up with the Kardashians in suits. What a mockery of a serious issue.

I'm just procrastinating from my thesis defense. Have a good one!

Of course, Marijuana was made illegal in the United States in 1937.

The reason people are scared of marijuana is because we have been conditioned to be scared of it. The oil, forest, pharmaceutical and alcohol industries were all in direct competition with cannibas hemp. They put a stop to its use.

http://www.ozarkia.net/bill/pot/blunderof37.html
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
hankscorpioLA
RealGM
And1: 10,007

Post#42 » by hankscorpioLA » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:45 pm

Let mr just mention that not all of the US is the same on this regard.

With a medical marijuana recommendation, which is easy to get, it is legal in California to possess up to 9 ounces of weed.

The police in Oregon have said they will allow people to fly in-state with weed in their possession.

Not quite the same as being a black man in Georgia with weed and Molly in your car.
The absurd mystery of the strange forces of existence.
pkiskool
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,073

Re: OT: Hawks Mike Scott Admits Fault -- Could Face Upto 25 Years. 

Post#43 » by pkiskool » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:40 pm

Potential wrote:that's **** up, being in possession of marijuana should be a maximum $1000 fine

You do know in some countries (especially in far east), you can face life sentence for that amount of pot in possession.
I know someone who got arrested because he smoked a joint overseas and came back, tested positive with urine test.
BIG SCIENCE
Junior
And1: 395

Post#44 » by BIG SCIENCE » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:13 pm

Choker wrote:
Anatomize wrote:0 recorded deaths from cannabis in the history of mankind.

Yep. The only way you can die from marijuana is if you were killed by a man whose name is Marijuana.

Wasn't there a guy who died from getting his face eaten by another guy who was high?
notsla refar
Pro Prospect
And1: 683

Post#45 » by notsla refar » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:47 pm

BIG SCIENCE wrote:
Choker wrote:
Anatomize wrote:0 recorded deaths from cannabis in the history of mankind.

Yep. The only way you can die from marijuana is if you were killed by a man whose name is Marijuana.

Wasn't there a guy who died from getting his face eaten by another guy who was high?

You'd have to be pretty misinformed to believe marijuana would lead someone to do that. You crave junk food, not human flesh. Maybe it's different for cannibals. :lol:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/27/medical-examiner-finds-only-marijuana-in-miami-face-chewer-system/
An expert on toxicology testing said that marijuana alone wasn't likely to cause behavior as strange as Eugene's.
Thespianoid wrote:GTFO with this reasonable talk. RealGM doesn't do that.
HighOctane
Lead Assistant
And1: 363

Post#46 » by HighOctane » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:59 pm

Dennis 37 wrote:
HighOctane wrote:.... There's a good subset of the population who is scared of marijuana as it is. Why? Their logic is pretty murky but people stand by what they believe in, a strength and weakness at the same time. Without sounding like a hippie, people need to open their minds and recognize that we need a flexible way of governing ourselves, one that doesn't have most people in the dark, and picking on figureheads, commenting on how Stephen Harper looks, or how Trudeau struts around in fashion shows. It's like Keeping up with the Kardashians in suits. What a mockery of a serious issue.

The reason people are scared of marijuana is because we have been conditioned to be scared of it. The oil, forest, pharmaceutical and alcohol industries were all in direct competition with cannibas hemp. They put a stop to its use.

Yeah, this is a one sided debate which could go on forever, and I'd like to sum up some of the reasons why people are afraid of it (and as I said, their logic is pretty murky).

1. It is illegal - classed as schedule 1 drug! The (recent, and by that within 15-20 years) of science does not even support this!!! The most frustrating.
2. Because it is illegal, people want to be inherently 'good', and hence follow the law.
3. Misguided drug programs like D.A.R.E. - Proven to actually increase drug use because of its ridiculousness that kids don't believe later on in life.
4. Acquiring it is done through the black market, meaning interactions with dealers (how else would you get something illegal). Never good. Additionally meaning no regulation, and that in itself has issues.
5. Association of drug selling with gangs, druglords.
6. Association of marijuana with 'smoking' - like any drug, can be placed in food, drink, etc. Obviously burning a material and inhaling it is dangerous, but what about marijuana infused drinks? etc.
7. Association of marijuana with 'being high' - watch a documentary on oils made with high CBD, a 'drug' that moderates seizures, doesn't get people high (used on children), and does not involve bath salt like properties of eating other's faces.
8. Tight regulations from the law on even medical, decisions likely not made from the political parties themselves, give the impression that tighter regulations = 'harder drug'.

There are far more dangerous drugs out there, prescription medications, tobacco, alcohol, which have produced more deaths than marijuana (basically every drug can trump 0 deaths).

Still no progress made on thesis.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,889

Re: OT: Hawks Mike Scott Admits Fault -- Could Face Upto 25 Years. 

Post#47 » by OAKLEY_2 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:59 pm

Potential wrote:that's **** up, being in possession of marijuana should be a maximum $1000 fine

And the MDMA $5,000. in one state it is one thing like Colorado and in another like say Texas it is like Singapore minus the death penalty. So backward.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM

Post#48 » by OAKLEY_2 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:02 pm

HighOctane wrote:
Dennis 37 wrote:

Drug possesion is also a victimless crime. Big brother working overtime.
Yeah, this is a one sided debate which could go on forever, and I'd like to sum up some of the reasons why people are afraid of it (and as I said, their logic is pretty murky).

1. It is illegal - classed as schedule 1 drug! The (recent, and by that within 15-20 years) of science does not even support this!!! The most frustrating.
2. Because it is illegal, people want to be inherently 'good', and hence follow the law.
3. Misguided drug programs like D.A.R.E. - Proven to actually increase drug use because of its ridiculousness that kids don't believe later on in life.
4. Acquiring it is done through the black market, meaning interactions with dealers (how else would you get something illegal). Never good. Additionally meaning no regulation, and that in itself has issues.
5. Association of drug selling with gangs, druglords.
6. Association of marijuana with 'smoking' - like any drug, can be placed in food, drink, etc. Obviously burning a material and inhaling it is dangerous, but what about marijuana infused drinks? etc.
7. Association of marijuana with 'being high' - watch a documentary on oils made with high CBD, a 'drug' that moderates seizures, doesn't get people high (used on children), and does not involve bath salt like properties of eating other's faces.
8. Tight regulations from the law on even medical, decisions likely not made from the political parties themselves, give the impression that tighter regulations = 'harder drug'.

There are far more dangerous drugs out there, prescription medications, tobacco, alcohol, which have produced more deaths than marijuana (basically every drug can trump 0 deaths).

Still no progress made on thesis.
vincecarterfan
Junior
And1: 204

Post#49 » by vincecarterfan » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:14 pm

Inevitable wrote:He must of been on that molly to admit it

Nahh if he was he'd be sweatin
RedX
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,947

Post#50 » by RedX » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:38 pm

GreatDane wrote:The reading comprehension on this board never ceases to amaze me, I can't stay I'm surprised though. Regardless, for anyone who has English above the third grade level, you will notice the word "could" is in the title, meaning it's a possibility. He has not been sentenced and no, he will not get 25 years for marijuana possession. That is just the maximum sentence. The guy isn't a kingpin or anything of the sort so he's not getting a life sentence for what he admitted to doing.

RedX wrote:lol your entire life ends because of marijuana possession, meanwhile alcoholics beat their wives and children or show up to work wasted and we send them to AA - if that.

Yes, some action should be taken as he has 2 substances in his car, but jail time (and that absurd amount) should never happen. This is insane.

Who are these "alcoholics" who beat their wives and children and only get off with a trip to AA? You beat your wife and kids and you're lucky to be leaving prison with a bracelet and restraining order. What planet are you living on? Mars?

1. Mars doesn't have alcohol, nor does it have living inhabitants. Get your facts straight bro.

2. Alcoholics that are clearly wasted in public get placed in drunk tanks than waved off the next day. Those drunk at work might get sent to AA to better themselves. And yes, believe it or not, there are drunks that beat their wife or kids, and aren't reported for it.

I'm pointing out that alcohol is emphatically more harmful and disruptive that pot.
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,572

Post#51 » by DreamTeam09 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:51 pm

35.5 grams = 10yrs? I smoke more than that in a month easy.

In Raptor Ball I Trust
Northface82
RealGM
And1: 59,711

Post#52 » by Northface82 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:06 pm

DreamTeam09 wrote:35.5 grams = 10yrs? I smoke more than that in a month easy.

Bro..... take this and1
Ganan23
Banned User
And1: 2,059

Post#53 » by Ganan23 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:02 am

vincecarterfan wrote:
Inevitable wrote:He must of been on that molly to admit it

Nahh if he was he'd be sweatin

I can't even And1 this... what a sad day in history.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,431

Post#54 » by Raps in 4 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:18 am

:usa:
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,431

Post#55 » by Raps in 4 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:25 am

RedX wrote:lol your entire life ends because of marijuana possession, meanwhile alcoholics beat their wives and children or show up to work wasted and we send them to AA - if that.

Yes, some action should be taken as he has 2 substances in his car, but jail time (and that absurd amount) should never happen. This is insane.

A guy got 25 years for stealing a slice of pizza over there.

The US is the epitome of a broken legal system. They have all these moronic, fake "tough guy" laws in place yet if you looked at their crime rate, you'd think they're a third world country in South America. Clearly it isn't working.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM

Post#56 » by OAKLEY_2 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:29 am

Raps in 4 wrote::usa:

Red State Murica needs to go away. Got to be the flouride in the water.
Ganan23
Banned User

Post#57 » by Ganan23 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:32 am

Apparently my comment got and AND1 but I don't see no AND1 doe... RealGM #GetYourSh*tTogether
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#58 » by Psubs » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:25 am

JWiLL02 wrote:
C_Money wrote:Why do people always admit everything to the cops? You aren't going to get off easy, in fact you just made it worse for yourself. :lol:

Loyalty to his brother perhaps?

Let the Little Brother take the wrap for everything and you keep making $1 million or so over the next 10 years and then you take care of him when he gets out.
Ganan23
Banned User

Post#59 » by Ganan23 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:47 am

Real GM smfh... It's either give us the AND1 and the notification, or nothing at all, not give us the AND1 and no notification, or give us the notification and no AND1.....
HangTime
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,593

Post#60 » by HangTime » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:12 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDVmldTurqk[/youtube]

Return to Toronto Raptors