ImageImageImageImageImage

Ranking Best dressed Sports cities (Raps/Jays/Leafs mentioned)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

dTox
RealGM
And1: 15,596

Ranking Best dressed Sports cities (Raps/Jays/Leafs mentioned) 

Post#1 » by dTox » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:42 pm

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/13416018/best-dressed-cities-based-sports-team-uniforms

Note: Minimum requirement is that each city must have at least 3 pro-sports team to qualify, 19 were ranked.

BEST-DRESSED CITIES
Of the 20 cities with three or more major pro sports teams (NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL), which has the best-looking batch? We crunch the numbers to calculate each city's highly scientific (or not) Uniform Numerical Index, or UNI, for the latest version of Uni Watch's Power Rankings.
(Note: Each team's uniform set was graded on a 1-10 scale)

1. Boston (9.13)
7. Toronto (6.83)
Canada's lone entry in the rankings occupies a perfectly respectable spot in the top 10, buoyed in large part by the Blue Jays, whose current uniform set is a textbook example of how to update an older, dated look for contemporary use. Of course, it also doesn't hurt to have an old reliable such as the Maple Leafs in your portfolio. And even the Raptors, the city's least visually distinguished team, have made some strides with their newly unveiled set.

UNI WATCH SCORE: Blue Jays: 9, Raptors: 5.5, Maple Leafs: 8, Intangibles: Minus points for the Rogers Centre's artificial turf and dome (-2). UNI: 6.83
TBZ for the win
DeRozanTho
Sophomore
And1: 433

Re: Ranking Best dressed Sports cities (Raps/Jays/Leafs mentioned) 

Post#2 » by DeRozanTho » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:59 pm

Rumor has it we'd be ranked 3 spots above if Dwane Casey wasn't wearing his great grandfathers hand me downs to every game
19-year-old Okafor was screaming at the other man, "We got money you broke ass n**ga."
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,767

Post#3 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:07 pm

If Sam Mitchell was our coach, we'd be #1 tbh. Nothing against the homie, Dwane.
kidr1211
RealGM
And1: 18,189

Post#4 » by kidr1211 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:08 pm

Jays and leafs definitely have better looking uniforms than the raps. It would have been pretty cool if all our teams were blue and white
protothe
Bench Warmer
And1: 925

Post#5 » by protothe » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:36 pm

Regardless of uniforms, I don't know any other team that wears Jordans as much as the Raptors do:

http://www.kicksonfire.com/2014/05/09/check-every-air-jordan-retro-toronto-raptors-wore-season/

There are literally multiple players and games where they've worn basically every Jordan model.
Amir seems to appear the most on the list. No wonder his ankles are where they are.
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,038

Post#6 » by ontnut » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:57 pm

I thought this was going to be about the fans' clothes lol.

Rocking the black on black Jays cap right now at work. 8-)
T0R0NT0_RAPT0RS
Analyst
And1: 1,266
Location: [STH] Toronto, ON = ah.. the memories of 500 level seats at skydome...

Post#7 » by T0R0NT0_RAPT0RS » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:17 pm

If they included the CFL (still a pro sports league), we'd easily be #1. The Argos unis are awesome. Double-blue!
Shimso
Starter
And1: 2,703

Post#8 » by Shimso » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:27 pm

Too bad they couldn't include the NLL, as the Rock's CN Tower jerseys were the best.

IMO excluding the iconic jerseys (read: the Yankees) the Jays have the best uniforms out there, so a 9 makes sense.
The Leafs jersey is iconic but IMO they don't look good. The Alternates are sweet but the regular home and aways are bland - they should have the older looking Leaf logo.

The penalty for the dome makes no sense, but we dodged a bullet on them not seeing Casey's 72L suit so it balances out.
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 14,406

Post#9 » by ForeverTFC » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:32 pm

TFC's jerseys this year are the best they've ever been as well - one of the best in the league.

Leafs have one of the most iconic sweaters in North American pro sports, and the Jays have some of the best uniforms around. If it wasn't for the Raptors, Toronto would easily be top 3.
MS13
Veteran
And1: 4,496

Post#10 » by MS13 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:45 pm

kidr1211 wrote:Jays and leafs definitely have better looking uniforms than the raps. It would have been pretty cool if all our teams were blue and white

Would've been tons better if we had kept the Huskies name and the colors.
Shimso
Starter
And1: 2,703

Post#11 » by Shimso » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:59 pm

ForeverTFC wrote:TFC's jerseys this year are the best they've ever been as well - one of the best in the league.

Leafs have one of the most iconic sweaters in North American pro sports, and the Jays have some of the best uniforms around. If it wasn't for the Raptors, Toronto would easily be top 3.

Although busy, I preferred the previous jerseys:
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,165

Post#12 » by YogurtProducer » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:10 pm

Must admit it would've been cool if the jays leafs raps Argos and Marlins were all blue and white.. Kind of like Pittsburg which is always black and gold/yellow as far as I know
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
TdotRap4Lyfe
General Manager
And1: 5,079

Post#13 » by TdotRap4Lyfe » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:08 pm

Idk why the Raptors are the least visually distinguished, until we got TFC, we were the only team not to wear Blue and white.
Credits to Jstock12
duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,138

Post#14 » by duppyy » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:14 pm

Jays jersey and logo is my favourite.
TheSamMitchell
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,864

Post#15 » by TheSamMitchell » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:13 pm

Shimso wrote:
ForeverTFC wrote:TFC's jerseys this year are the best they've ever been as well - one of the best in the league.

Yeah last season's was much better. They went for the Raptor's approach this year.
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 14,406

Post#16 » by ForeverTFC » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:16 pm

TheSamMitchell wrote:
Shimso wrote:

Yeah last season's was much better. They went for the Raptor's approach this year.

I don't know. I have both, and this year's looks much better to me. The fit is great, the colour is clear, and the little touches like the red on red Maple Leaf at the bottom of the Jersey is perfect. Last year was just too busy for me.

Return to Toronto Raptors