ImageImageImageImageImage

Our 2016 and 2017 draft picks. Which ones can we trade?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

RealityIsDemar
Rookie
And1: 1,164

Re: Our 2016 and 2017 draft picks. Which ones can we trade? 

Post#21 » by RealityIsDemar » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:31 pm

bape_lovers wrote:huh? whats wrong with Bruno and Wright?

Dukenukem23 wrote:I'm not too confident in Masais drafting abilities, so wouldn't mind dealing a pick or two for a sure thing.

Not to mention Faried in Denver.
Shoutout to Bruno Skull for the sig
RealityIsDemar
Rookie

Post#22 » by RealityIsDemar » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:32 pm

For me I value the picks (lowest value - highest value) as follows:

4. LAC 17' 1st
3. TOR 17' 1st
2. TOR 16' 1st
1. DEN/NYK 16' 1st
Dukenukem23
Banned User
And1: 1,971

Post#23 » by Dukenukem23 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:49 pm

Dukenukem23 wrote:I'm not too confident in Masais drafting abilities, so wouldn't mind dealing a pick or two for a sure thing.

What has either done so far to be good picks? I'm not saying wright wasn't a good pick yet either since he hasn't played an NBA game yet. I think I've seen enough of Bruno to say we had better options however.
FTR, I think Masai is a great Gm. I just question his drafting abilities so far in Toronto.
Dukenukem23
Banned User

Post#24 » by Dukenukem23 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:50 pm

RealityIsDemar wrote:

I judge Masai based on what he's done here, not other cities. If we used your logic BC would still be considered a great gm for what he did in PHX.
RealityIsDemar
Rookie

Post#25 » by RealityIsDemar » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:21 pm

Dukenukem23 wrote:
RealityIsDemar wrote:

I judge Masai based on what he's done here, not other cities. If we used your logic BC would still be considered a great gm for what he did in PHX.

You originally said "Drafting Abilities" that has to do with Masai as a GM, so why wouldn't it count for Denver?

You can't say you don't trust a persons abilities on something they've been doing for an extended period of time because he hasn't done it to the same degree of success (so far) in Toronto. You don't just loose your drafting skill, so that method makes absolutely no sense.
bape_lovers
RealGM
And1: 17,911

Post#26 » by bape_lovers » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:03 pm

so what could have Masai drafted instead of Bruno that could make an impact?

Dukenukem23 wrote:

What has either done so far to be good picks? I'm not saying wright wasn't a good pick yet either since he hasn't played an NBA game yet. I think I've seen enough of Bruno to say we had better options however.
FTR, I think Masai is a great Gm. I just question his drafting abilities so far in Toronto.

Credit to JaysRule, Detective
Peja Stojakovic
Starter
And1: 2,939

Post#27 » by Peja Stojakovic » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:20 pm

bryan colangelo is still one of the greatest drafters ever. michael finley, steve nash, stephen jackson, shawn marion, amar'e stoudemire, leandro barbosa, pj tucker, and demar derozan were all picked by him.
Patman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,410

Post#28 » by Patman » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:57 pm

Peja Stojakovic wrote:bryan colangelo is still one of the greatest drafters ever. michael finley, steve nash, stephen jackson, shawn marion, amar'e stoudemire, leandro barbosa, pj tucker, and demar derozan were all picked by him.

Speshal Ed
OhMyBosh
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,206

Post#29 » by OhMyBosh » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:59 pm

Patman wrote:
Peja Stojakovic wrote:bryan colangelo is still one of the greatest drafters ever. michael finley, steve nash, stephen jackson, shawn marion, amar'e stoudemire, leandro barbosa, pj tucker, and demar derozan were all picked by him.

Speshal Ed

Patman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by Patman » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:01 pm

OhMyBosh wrote:
Patman wrote:

Speshal Ed

LaMarcus Aldridge looks weird in that picture.
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,572

Post#31 » by DreamTeam09 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:06 pm

Don't touch any of them untill it's time to trade up for Ivan Rabb or Dragon Bender or trade em all for KD

In Raptor Ball I Trust
Patman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by Patman » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:10 pm

CoachJReturns wrote:We shouldn't trade any unless it's to move up and grab someone specific. Specifically for one of the following:

Simmons, Skal, Brown, Murray, Ingram, Rabb? or maybe Bender.

I'd love to have Murray, but I'm afraid this board would crucify him for any mistakes.
Dukenukem23
Banned User

Post#33 » by Dukenukem23 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:06 pm

bape_lovers wrote:so what could have Masai drafted instead of Bruno that could make an impact?

Dukenukem23 wrote:

The answer you are looking for is in my sig
DreamTeam09
RealGM

Post#34 » by DreamTeam09 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:10 pm

Dukenukem23 wrote:
bape_lovers wrote:so what could have Masai drafted instead of Bruno that could make an impact?

Dukenukem23 wrote: What has either done so far to be good picks? I'm not saying wright wasn't a good pick yet either since he hasn't played an NBA game yet. I think I've seen enough of Bruno to say we had better options however.

I take Bruno over any of those guys. None of those guys would've gotten burn with us last year with us anyway.

In Raptor Ball I Trust
Dukenukem23
Banned User

Post#35 » by Dukenukem23 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:17 pm

RealityIsDemar wrote:
Dukenukem23 wrote:
RealityIsDemar wrote:Not to mention Faried in Denver.

You originally said "Drafting Abilities" that has to do with Masai as a GM, so why wouldn't it count for Denver?

You can't say you don't trust a persons abilities on something they've been doing for an extended period of time because he hasn't done it to the same degree of success (so far) in Toronto. You don't just loose your drafting skill, so that method makes absolutely no sense.

I can only judge him based on his work in Toronto because I have only been following him since that time. Also yes you can lose a drafting skill. There have been many examples in pro sports where a gm had draft success with one team and not the other.
Dukenukem23
Banned User

Post#36 » by Dukenukem23 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:22 pm

DreamTeam09 wrote:
Dukenukem23 wrote:

I take Bruno over any of those guys. None of those guys would've gotten burn with us last year with us anyway.

That's an indictment on the coach more so than the players. Capela played good meaningful minutes in the western conference finals. He's head and shoulders above Bruno.

KJ is a reliable jump shot away from being a valuable piece to a wining team. It will take Bruno another 5 years just to get to his level. With Bruno you have a kid with a severe lack of understanding of the game. He's the biggest mid first rounder project I have probably seen in some time.
DreamTeam09
RealGM

Post#37 » by DreamTeam09 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:39 pm

Dukenukem23 wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:
Dukenukem23 wrote:

That's an indictment on the coach more so than the players. Capela played good meaningful minutes in the western conference finals. He's head and shoulders above Bruno.

KJ is a reliable jump shot away from being a valuable piece to a wining team. It will take Bruno another 5 years just to get to his level. With Bruno you have a kid with a severe lack of understanding of the game. He's the biggest mid first rounder project I have probably seen in some time.

Capella only got burn because Dmo was injured along with Tjones who returned later. 1st half of the year capella was DNPCD and dleague.

I like KJ too but I'm not mad at Bruno or upset with him over KJ. Still even KJ wasn't going to beat out any of our wings last year for PT. Might as well pick & develop someone with freakish measurements even if the other more nba ready prospects were available. No rookie was going to be in our rotation

In Raptor Ball I Trust
SwiftyV
Sixth Man
And1: 1,682

Post#38 » by SwiftyV » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:41 pm

I'd like to keep 2017 picks...that should be a pretty good draft class. The 2016 high school class is very good.
Dukenukem23
Banned User

Post#39 » by Dukenukem23 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:45 pm

DreamTeam09 wrote:
Dukenukem23 wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:

Capella only got burn because Dmo was injured along with Tjones who returned later. 1st half of the year capella was DNPCD and dleague.

I like KJ too but I'm not mad at Bruno or upset with him over KJ. Still even KJ wasn't going to beat out any of our wings last year for PT. Might as well pick & develop someone with freakish measurements even if the other more nba ready prospects were available. No rookie was going to be in our rotation

Capela was in the d league because he was raw and an international player. He needed time to learn the nba game. Didn't even take him a full year and he came out when it mattered and played very well in his limited minutes.

KJ could have gotten James Johnson role and done a good job with it if we had a coach that played rookies.

Overall I think the player we missed out on was Capela. I think he's going to be a defensive monster in his prime, while Bruno will be the next Anthony Randolph.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,500

Post#40 » by dagger » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:05 pm

Masai has already said it's unlikely they will use all four picks to add players to the Raptors, more than likely one pick or combination of picks is used in a trade, either to trade up at the draft, or trade with players to upgrade with a veteran. Beyond that, it depends entirely on what is offered in trades.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER

Return to Toronto Raptors