ImageImageImageImageImage

Happy 23rd Bday Biyombo !

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Inevitable
RealGM
And1: 134,630

Re: Happy 23rd Bday Biyombo ! 

Post#21 » by Inevitable » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:38 pm

Happy bday, enjoy your 4th quarter playing time at the 5 spot.
Lake Forrest
Junior
And1: 420

Re: RE: Re: Happy 23rd Bday Biyombo ! 

Post#22 » by Lake Forrest » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:23 am

GreatDane wrote:
dalton749 wrote:
Naija Boy wrote:
You've got to be kidding me

Some people here just amaze me. JV has the potential to be the best player on the roster and one of the top centers in the league. But yeah let's bench him :crazy:

I agree with you about jv, and said nothing about benching him.
This is supposed to be a defensive oriented team, so I would prefer to see them coming out tough defensively to set the tone, while the offence goes through demar and Kyle, with Patterson, Carroll spacing the floor and biyombo setting screens and rolling hard.
Send jv in a few minutes later to play off of whoever has the hot hand, with the advantage of being fresh to go at the guy who just had deal with biyombo, and then the backup.
I still want to see jv get 30 mpg, I just think they should be more meaningful minutes, and having the better defender guard the better players first, then the better offensive player go at their weaker defender may be a better strategy with Casey at the helm.

Do everyone a favour and stop posting.

Thanks.

It frustrates me on this board that someone can't have an opinion beyond the groupthink mentality, do I agree with him? No, but whats the harm in discussing it?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
ballislife
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,005

Post#23 » by ballislife » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:45 am

IF JV shows he has a consistent outside jumper... Blockombo would look really nice next to him on D. The only problem is that BB is really our only backup C and he can't shoot. However, I dont think it's out of the realm of possibility to have him as our starting PF if JV can space the floor some.

I LOVED Biyombo during the year JV was drafted. At the time, I would've been happy with him at #5, but now that he's here with our #5 pick from that year, I hope Casey can make the best of this defensive beast. He's only 23... that's insane considering his potential and contract. BB has the potential to be a real defensive stopper down low and on the wings because of his quicks and athleticism. He should be able to hedge on guards, and also block shots on help-side down low. I'm really hoping Casey uses him in this lineup as a defensive beast, and hopefully he considers starting him at 4, because I think he would really thrive in our starting lineup on Casey's D first gameplan.
Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,364

Post#24 » by Hero » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:48 am

Happy B'Day to the future starting center for the Toronto Raptors.
RapsFanInOhio
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,965

Post#25 » by RapsFanInOhio » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:49 pm

Lol, some of you need to really temper your expectations. He does some things well, but let's not get carried away.
Props to Turbo_Zone for the sig
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#26 » by Kabookalu » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:53 pm

RapsFanInOhio wrote:Lol, some of you need to really temper your expectations. He does some things well, but let's not get carried away.

Even as one of his biggest fans, this is true. Biyombo makes great defensive plays because he's an athletic freak with a freakish wingspan. His overall IQ hasn't improved that much since he came into the league, there are times where he still spins in circles because he has no idea what's going on during the play. He's often compared to Ben Wallace but Big Ben had a pretty high basketball IQ, Biyombo doesn't. If Biyombo had high basketball IQ he'd be the best defensive player in the league. With that said he's at his best when things are simplified for him. He'll be good for 15-20mpg and he'll excel in that role.
Read on Twitter
Patman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,410

Post#27 » by Patman » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:53 am

asuran wrote:Wow, he's only 23?
For some reason I thought he was older. Like late 20s.

Actually, I remember there being some controversy about his age at draft time, and the validity of his birth certificate. So you might be right lol. In any case, I'm still glad to have this guy on the team.
TheSamMitchell
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,864

Post#28 » by TheSamMitchell » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:28 pm

Lol I have to refresh myself on who is on this team and who's not before preseason.
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,289

Post#29 » by Jstock12 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:00 pm

JS_raptors wrote:Bismack is throwing a block party

Such a clear goaltend :lol:
JYD
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,209

Post#30 » by JYD » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:31 pm

He really is 23, you just got the birthday wrong, it's Feb. 29.

Return to Toronto Raptors