ImageImageImageImageImage

Spears: Bennett hopes to revive career

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

ash_k
RealGM
And1: 8,810

Re: Spears: Bennett hopes to revive career 

Post#41 » by ash_k » Thu Oct 8, 2015 1:26 am

He should convince himself that everything Draymond Green can do so can he! it is all in his head..he certainly has the measurements and athleticism to match Green...all about the hard work (and heart)..cAn he turn into a Draymond Green?? that's my question!
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
carlosey
General Manager
And1: 2,054

Post#42 » by carlosey » Thu Oct 8, 2015 1:34 am

He is the best transition big man that we have.

Itll be interesting to see which of Caseys interests will win here, his love for vets or his love for small ball.
UneducatedFan86
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,590

Post#43 » by UneducatedFan86 » Thu Oct 8, 2015 4:36 am

I really believe that this year is just to let Bennett get as much PT he can get - be it in Toronto or Mississauga. Then next year, based on what the Raptors see, they'll give him a long-term contract.
Sherlock
General Manager
And1: 12,706

Post#44 » by Sherlock » Thu Oct 8, 2015 4:38 am

ash_k wrote:He should convince himself that everything Draymond Green can do so can he! it is all in his head..he certainly has the measurements and athleticism to match Green...all about the hard work (and heart)..cAn he turn into a Draymond Green?? that's my question!

Heart and mind. Draymond has shown great basketball IQ. Bennett hasn't.

We'll have to see if he can get it together between the ears. If he can, he has a chance to be decent.
Interviewer: Championship #2?
Ujiri: Hey...We're gonna get it. I don't know when it'll be, but we're gonna get it. Just like I said we'll get the first one and I said I didn't know when we'd get it...But we will. Guarantee you we will.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,190

Post#45 » by tsherkin » Thu Oct 8, 2015 4:55 am

Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:He reminds me of Tim Thomas a bit:

He's 2 or 3 inches shorter and hasn't shown Thomas' shooting touch, while also possessing more power, so I'd wait and see on that one.
rove
Senior
And1: 220

Post#46 » by rove » Thu Oct 8, 2015 5:08 am

I don't even think Bennett can EVER be as good as Tim Thomas :nonono: :banghead: Sad but true...

But nobody else caught the part where Uncle Case said something like "reminds him of Bass, a good defensive player...??!?"

Boy if he describes Bennett as a good defensive player, we're in for a disastrous year. AB will be forced to hedge out like our other bigs on the perimeter and our defense will suck sh~t again this year.

Thanks Uncle Case!
WorldChamp
Banned User
And1: 473

Post#47 » by WorldChamp » Thu Oct 8, 2015 5:15 am

He reminds me of a more athletic version of Carmelo without a consistent jump shot and obviously a weaker move set.
PerfectJab
Veteran
And1: 1,357

Post#48 » by PerfectJab » Thu Oct 8, 2015 5:30 am

All the best to Bennett. Downplaying himself in order to have a realistic chance of blocking out the distraction of where he was drafted to genuinely try to get a fresh start.

Probably not an allstar but I think he has the potential to have spurts of that. I can see a few runs like the pasta eating player, without the salary, coddling and usage.

Return to Toronto Raptors