ImageImageImageImageImage

NBA admits incorrect foul call

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

orbesnet
Head Coach
And1: 4,276

Re: NBA admits incorrect foul call 

Post#41 » by orbesnet » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:01 am

We should keep a running tally on the season of blown calls that cost us.

Bismack getting called with the block agains Westbrook (who threw the elbow), not pivotal but close.
Melo steps out of bounds
DMC travelling all over the place and throwing some extra elbows after the whistle at JV (no tech)
Pascal to the future.
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,786

Post#42 » by Dennis 37 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:12 am

industry_killer wrote:The quality of NBA officiating is the main reason I have really stopped caring about the Raps and the NBA a lot in the past few years. The NBA makes no real effort to improve the quality of their officiating and still allow star power, momentum and point spread dictate how the refs call each game instead of striving for a product of consistency. Admitting mistakes after the facts still doesn't take away from the point is that they are making game changing mistakes continually.

It is the point spread management that bothers me the most. It is not the refs job to give the trailing team a break to allow the game to be close at the end.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
Wizdome
Starter
And1: 2,677

Post#43 » by Wizdome » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:15 am

They didn't even bother reviewing the replay on the Melo out of bounds that Cory and Casey were both asking the ref to do when the game was under 2 minutes.
I like you.
jeffya2
Veteran
And1: 2,982

Post#44 » by jeffya2 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:23 am

Coaches should each get 2 x 100% reviewable calls in the last 5 minutes for ANY reason
And only lose 1 if the call against is NOT overturned
curryking3
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,994

Post#45 » by curryking3 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:24 am

Kurtz wrote:Don't see it posted anywhere, feel free to lock'er up, but the NBA has admitted to making a mistake on a CoJo steal (called foul) in the last minute of the Sacto game. Here's the article from Raptors republic: http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2015/11/16/nba-admits-incorrect-late-foul-call-on-cory-joseph-vs-kings/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Nba apology incoming? Did we get one for Melo's out of bounds one yet?

Yea I think we got apology for Melo out of bounds on the day after.

But it's twice in game deciding minutes in two games so close to one another which is crazy.

This is really bad, even by NBA/professional team sports standards in general it seems.

It's still regular season so OK.. not THAT bad..... but still, pretty bad!
Wizdome wrote:They didn't even bother reviewing the replay on the Melo out of bounds that Cory and Casey were both asking the ref to do when the game was under 2 minutes.

The current rules don't let them.

They are only allowed to review out of bounds play if the call is contested between referees themselves, but no such confusion.

They cannot call a review on an out of bounds play that is called without referee disagreement I think.
CrookedJ
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,764

Re: RE: Re: NBA admits incorrect foul call 

Post#46 » by CrookedJ » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:47 am

dublo7 wrote:
protothe wrote:Does anybody keep track of a leaderboard of missed calls here?

I'd love to see the total numbers for all teams for calls against in the final 2 minutes of a close game.

Please, there has to be ablog keeping count somewhere. I am sure though at least 2 other teams have been apologized to. Whether it made a difference in the game.....
dunno

There are gambling sites that track referees and teams win loss records, under/ overs etc with each ref. Maybe try that? Gamblers need to know the straight goods.
Alasen
Banned User
And1: 4,080

Post#47 » by Alasen » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:15 am

NBA refs. The most wretched hive of scum and villainy! I spit on their apology!
Ku-Bar
Pro Prospect
And1: 475

Post#48 » by Ku-Bar » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:52 am

the NBA ... where apologies happen.
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson
teamLeiweke
Head Coach
And1: 5,019

Post#49 » by teamLeiweke » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:21 am

Casey should apologize for playing Bismack over Val.
ruckus
RealGM
And1: 11,283

Post#50 » by ruckus » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:19 am

Here comes apology #3.

I know it's unsportsmanlike but, the Raps need to just start hammering opponents. I'm not talking about intent to injure but, make every single foul count. If we're going to keep getting these bull calls and no-calls, we might as well earn them.
teamLeiweke
Head Coach
And1: 5,019

Post#51 » by teamLeiweke » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:28 am

orbesnet wrote:We should keep a running tally on the season of blown calls that cost us.

Bismack getting called with the block agains Westbrook (who threw the elbow), not pivotal but close.
Melo steps out of bounds
DMC travelling all over the place and throwing some extra elbows after the whistle at JV (no tech)

Belinelli kick ball.
Tons of questionable calls on Val vs GSW.
Cory Jo offensive rebound.
TankNation123
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,828

Post#52 » by TankNation123 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:30 am

3-0 refs.... **** u refs
Death Knight
RealGM
And1: 3,129

Post#53 » by Death Knight » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:30 am

Have the Raptors ever benefitted from a call that saw their opponent receive the league apology later instead?
Kurtz
RealGM
And1: 15,710

Post#54 » by Kurtz » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:34 am

Don't think we're getting an apology this time, since the CoJo phantom call happened with 2:03 left, so it won't be reviewed. The Lowry call would go uncalled 9/10 times in that situation, but it's technically a foul.
curryking3
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,994

Post#55 » by curryking3 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:36 am

orbesnet wrote:We should keep a running tally on the season of blown calls that cost us.

Melo steps out of bounds

Number 4..... Cojo goes for offensive rebound, gets ball first.... called for foul because..... Klay Thompson is soft and couldn't get the board himself. Seems like a good reason....

Was like 2 or 3 phantom calls on JV... and pretty sure Curry got a superstar call after the Cojo play as well...

Might be wrong maybe and could be just homerism, but I still say we got major jobbed by the refs against GS.... just cannot believe it still lmao.
Death Knight wrote:Have the Raptors ever benefitted from a call that saw their opponent receive the league apology later instead?

I want to say it happened at least once but I can't for the life of me remember right now.... not sure.
steamed hams
General Manager
And1: 19,431

Post#56 » by steamed hams » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:39 am

Casey needs to call these refs out in the post game interviews and stand up for his players. Rick Carlisle would do it. MLSE will gladly give him fine $ back under the table.
blaateeee
Junior
And1: 121

Post#57 » by blaateeee » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:47 am

deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,881

Post#58 » by deeps6x » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:52 am

efrivela wrote:This wasn't an apology like the ones from a few years back, I think it's people looking at the referee last 2-minute report. It's basically the same thing (the NBA refs acknowledging an incorrect call) but this happens quite often.

This is a big problem. The league wants to hold this 'last 2 minutes' ref report up as an example of them trying to do something to improve the game. But if they really wanted to improve it, they would be publishing full game ref reports, include non-calls as well as blown calls. Then actually taking action against the most incompetent refs and replacing them. There are no consequences for being a bad ref who appears in this report.

Tonight for example, in the first quarter, with the score 6-9, a GS player steps out of bounds trying to save a ball. The ref is 5 feet away looking directly at his foot on the ground across the line, looks up and sees the ball still in the player's hand. Automatic turn over. Unless the ref ignores it, which he does. Directly leads to a Curry 2. Exact same play minutes later. Ball in hand, foot out of bounds, pass to Curry, made 3. 5 points that should not have counted - and wouldn't have been if the refs made the correct calls. Non calls in these two cases. Do those show up on the report? Nope. Are they in the last two minutes? Nope. Did they directly affect the outcome of the game? Yup.

I said the moment the game started that we are losing because Bill Kennedy is the ref. He has seemed to have in my opinion, a history of anti-Raptor calls. Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm just a biased homer. Y'all can judge Billy's performance tonight for yourself. Try and find a 50/50 call he made tonight that went the Raptor's way. He got the CoJo call wrong. He got the Lowry call wrong. He got the out of bounds call wrong. He made a pile of non-calls that should have gone Toronto's way. But hey, maybe you see it the opposite way. Maybe you are a GS fan and think they won in spite of BK's calls. We all have a different perspective on the game.

But the league really, really needs to find ways to take the shading of calls out of the game. Let the team's decide who wins and who loses. Don't let a ref's willfulness or incompetence be the deciding factor in games. Be a better league than that. The frickin' NFL is making the NBA look bad in this respect. That is just sad.
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
TheRealDeal
RealGM
And1: 11,821

Post#59 » by TheRealDeal » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:54 am

Should we just sticky this thread?
Drop Shot
RealGM
And1: 91,916

Post#60 » by Drop Shot » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:57 am

TheRealDeal wrote:Should we just sticky this thread?

No need, this thread is gonna be near the top on just about every game day.

S/O to Bruno for the Sig and Avi

Return to Toronto Raptors