ImageImageImageImageImage

Kyle Lowry Appreciation thread (starts to get more respect)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Berserk_Raptor
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,744

Kyle Lowry Appreciation thread (starts to get more respect) 

Post#1 » by Berserk_Raptor » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:01 pm

Kyle Lowry is definitely in his prime, playing at a high level, and will be an all star for sure if he keeps it up. Hes making 12mll a year but tbh, he could easily be a max player out there. You might realize, looking at his stats, that he is an all around player, and also draws several offensive fouls. You could argue that Russell Westbrook or Damian Lillard are more explosive, but Lowry is more intelligent, hes a no me-first player, and takes smart decisions the majority of time, he plays for the team, and his leadership is outstanding. My point is Kevin Durant would be the perfect fit to him, since Lowry is not like Westbrook. Lowry could easily be the PG of a championship team. Hes now the face of this team.

Do you think he could get a max contract that way hes been playing?

And my other point is it seems like he actually found himself in this team, and if he keeps it up, his legacy will be stronger than Vince Carter's. Have you noticed how opponent commentators respect him? Yes guys, its happening again.
@raptor21_85
WWSRD
Starter
And1: 2,483

Re: Kyle Lowry's current value (Franchise player, will let us forget VCs legacy) 

Post#2 » by WWSRD » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:05 pm

Berserk_Raptor wrote:Kyle Lowry is definitely in his prime, playing at a high level, and will be an all star for sure if he keeps it up. Hes making 12mll a year but tbh, he could easily be a max player out there. You might realize, looking at his stats, that he is an all around player, and also draws several offensive fouls. You could argue that Russell Westbrook or Damian Lillard are more explosive, but Lowry is more intelligent, hes a no me-first player, and takes smart decisions the majority of time, he plays for the team, and his leadership is outstanding. My point is Kevin Durant would be the perfect fit to him, since Lowry is not like Westbrook. Lowry could easily be the PG of a championship team. Hes now the face of this team.

And my other point is it seems like he actually found himself in this team, and if he keeps it up, his legacy will be stronger than Vince Carter's. Have you noticed how opponent commentators respect him? Yes guys, its happening again.

Why are you bringing up Vince Carter?

Anyways, team better get its ish together (/new coach) or Lowry will be leaving in free agency in 2017.
alfie123
Starter
And1: 1,130

Re: Kyle Lowry's current value (Franchise player, will let us forget VCs legacy) 

Post#3 » by alfie123 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:06 pm

While reading this post I thought that you were new to this board, then noticed you had nearly 2,500 posts!
(Meaning that this thread seems like something I'd expect from a ball boy, not a starter)

No way he is a max player. Only TRUE max players are franchise altering ones that can take your team single handedly to a second round. I think his game is better this year as we're not depending on him to be the sole facilitator and more a scorer.

Spoiler:
ILIKEBASKETSBALL
kidr1211
RealGM
And1: 18,189

Post#4 » by kidr1211 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:07 pm

Kyle lowry isn't anywhere near what vince was for this franchise
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,216

Post#5 » by LLJ » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:08 pm

He'll be past his prime when his next contract extension comes up.

Lowry is definitely one of my favorite Raptors of all time though. I also defended him when he was playing poorly in the playoffs and everyone was "mad" at him for the month afterwards.
VinBaker6
RealGM
And1: 61,808

Post#6 » by VinBaker6 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:10 pm

Vince is pretty overrated by Raptor fans...

S/O to TZ!
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,388

Post#7 » by Mikistan » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:12 pm

The only thing Vince and Kyle have in common is missing game 7 series winning shots.
Tortiglioni
Starter
And1: 3,956

Post#8 » by Tortiglioni » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:12 pm

Sell high.
Stolen Identity
Veteran
And1: 4,010

Post#9 » by Stolen Identity » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:13 pm

VinBaker6 wrote:Vince is pretty overrated by Raptor fans...

If Vince is overrated by Raptor fans, so is every single player who put on a Raptors jersey.
Stuck in Dystopia.
kidr1211
RealGM

Post#10 » by kidr1211 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:13 pm

He was definitely the most talented, exciting player we've ever had
alfie123
Starter
And1: 1,130

Post#11 » by alfie123 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:20 pm

No he really wasn't.
There was a period of time where his value was probably one of the highest in the entire NBA.
ILIKEBASKETSBALL
kidr1211
RealGM

Post#12 » by kidr1211 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:29 pm

I'll never forget when VC hit that game winner vs the clippers and the staples center exploded like it was a home game :cry:
Rapz
Banned User
And1: 1,191

Post#13 » by Rapz » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:37 pm

Berserk_Raptor wrote:Kyle Lowry is definitely in his prime, playing at a high level, and will be an all star for sure if he keeps it up. Hes making 12mll a year but tbh, he could easily be a max player out there. You might realize, looking at his stats, that he is an all around player, and also draws several offensive fouls. You could argue that Russell Westbrook or Damian Lillard are more explosive, but Lowry is more intelligent, hes a no me-first player, and takes smart decisions the majority of time, he plays for the team, and his leadership is outstanding. My point is Kevin Durant would be the perfect fit to him, since Lowry is not like Westbrook. Lowry could easily be the PG of a championship team. Hes now the face of this team.

DeadHorse
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,648

Post#14 » by DeadHorse » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:43 pm

Mikistan wrote:The only thing Vince and Kyle have in common is missing game 7 series winning shots.

HireTZ (And Bruno).
VinBaker6
RealGM

Post#15 » by VinBaker6 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:00 pm

kidr1211 wrote:

Of course (not even close) but there's a major nostalgia effect with him... it's like we had prime MJ and he got away and have never gotten over it

S/O to TZ!
ReaLiez
General Board Mock Draft Champ
And1: 3,246

Post#16 » by ReaLiez » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:02 pm

Glad someone made a thread for Kyle Lowry --- He's playing outta his mind and is crazy good!
Justice
Inevitable
RealGM
And1: 134,630

Post#17 » by Inevitable » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:10 pm

Lowry is pretty underrated on this board, he's playing at a superstar level right now.
Stolen Identity
Veteran
And1: 4,010

Post#18 » by Stolen Identity » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:13 pm

VinBaker6 wrote:
kidr1211 wrote:

Of course (not even close) but there's a major nostalgia effect with him... it's like we had prime MJ and he got away and have never gotten over it

When he was coming into the league, he was drawing Jordan comparisons. Off course the league was looking for it's next Jordan but his talent was definitely there. And if we compare the Raptors as a franchise and what the team has accomplished with him vs without him, it's quiet evident that he was this franchise's Jordan.

I think the current basketball community finds Vince more underrated if anything.
Stuck in Dystopia.
ruckus
RealGM
And1: 11,283

Post#19 » by ruckus » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:18 pm

Only problem is, Lowry is far and away our best player. We'll only go as far as he'll take us. If we are going to make a push past the 2nd round, we need to add to the talent around him.
VinBaker6
RealGM

Post#20 » by VinBaker6 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:21 pm

Anyone else find Lowy to be slightly underwhelming so far? Just doesn't seem to have nearly the same impact as early last season. I know his numbers are still good.

S/O to TZ!

Return to Toronto Raptors