ImageImageImageImageImage

2016 Offseason Trades / Signings Idea Thread V2.0

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Treadmill_Team
Senior
And1: 391

Re: 2016 Offseason Trades / Signings Idea Thread V2.0 

Post#1821 » by Treadmill_Team » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:24 pm

Do you think the Lakers would be interested/ is it allowed to do a sign and trade with them with Derozan. This might seem crazy but Russell isn't on the best page with the lakers players rn. I'd be all in for making a trade centering around Derozan and Russell
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,187

Post#1822 » by Mr Swagtastic » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:28 pm

Mr Fitzhume wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:I have a feeling one of Carroll or Ross are gone next year (Ross for sure if we resign DeRozan). I think that Powell has played his way into a legit 15-20 mpg spot, my dream would be for Masai to fleece The Suns in a Ross + NYK's pick for Morris or Tucker plus their pick *if outside the top 4*. If we could walk away from draft night with this depth chart I would be happy going into the 2016/2017 season

PG: Lowry/Joseph/Wright
SG: DeRozan/Powell/Joseph
SF: Carroll/Jaylen Brown *Suns pick*/Powell
PF: Morris/Patterson/Thompson or Scola
C: Jonas V/Bismack/Bebe

Morris was traded to the Wizards. ;)

:oops: well there goes that idea, thanks for the correction. I still think we should try to use Ross + The pick and small assets to try to trade up. I like what Dieng brings but I doubt The Wolves want Ross with the wings they have now and I think that #5 + Dieng for Ross or Carroll + #8 is too far off in value for it to work.
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
chuckdevlin
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,187

Post#1823 » by chuckdevlin » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:07 pm

Let Demar go.

H. Barnes? Horford? Batum?Fournier?

JV/Horford/Carrol/Ross/Lowry
Bebe/PPat/Powell/Wright/Joseph
Retire Joey Graham's Number in the ACC #letsgooo #whatnumber?
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,452

Post#1824 » by Morris_Shatford » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:26 pm

Treadmill_Team wrote:Do you think the Lakers would be interested/ is it allowed to do a sign and trade with them with Derozan. This might seem crazy but Russell isn't on the best page with the lakers players rn. I'd be all in for making a trade centering around Derozan and Russell

There really is no advantage to an S&T anymore;
The non-bird team doesn't get the extra year or the 7.5% raises.

If the Lakers were over the cap, sure
But they will have the money to sign him to a four year max outright.
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!
Woody Allen
General Manager
And1: 2,840

Post#1825 » by Woody Allen » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:06 pm

chuckdevlin wrote:Let Demar go.

We can't afford Horford, Barnes or Batum (Guess why). Also Barnes is a restricted free agent and his team will keep him.
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,452

Post#1826 » by Morris_Shatford » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:49 pm

While I don't disagree that Barnes will be matched;
It will be interesting to see GS make him their highest paid player this summer.
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!
ciueli
Analyst
And1: 2,290

Post#1827 » by ciueli » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:25 pm

Woody Allen wrote:

We can't afford Horford, Barnes or Batum (Guess why). Also Barnes is a restricted free agent and his team will keep him.

The point he's making is still valid. If we keep DeMar, we can't afford to keep Biyombo, let alone make a pitch to any decent free agent. DeMar is going to get a max offer from the Lakers and if we match or exceed it we're crippling our ability to improve at positions of actual need. At the moment, DeMar isn't looking like a player we want to cap ourselves out to keep.
Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,715

Post#1828 » by Ell Curry » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:50 pm

If we're talking no-Demar dreams, here's mine. Durant gets frustrated from having no help around him and Westbrook in their 5 gam loss to San Antonio (or 7 game loss to Dallas even better) and we do this:

1. Biyombo re-signed for 8M a year
2. Carroll + 9th + 2017 best 1st between Clippers and Raptors is traded to Pelicans/Minnesota for the 5th or 6th pick.
3. DeMar is renounced.
4. Bebe is traded to some team needing a young backup center who likes his healthy numbers in short minutes, passing ability and length on D enough to think he can give them 15-20 a game.
5. Bruno is traded to someone who wants to take a flier on him. Maybe we have to give up a 2nd rounder.
6. Durant signs.

JV-Biyombo (22)
Patterson-Durant-27th (7.3)
Durant-Ross (37.5)
Powell-Hield (4.2)
Lowry-Joseph-Wright (20.9)

I have that at 92M, right up against the cap.
Where's the D?
Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,715

Post#1829 » by Ell Curry » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:54 pm

Treadmill_Team wrote:Do you think the Lakers would be interested/ is it allowed to do a sign and trade with them with Derozan. This might seem crazy but Russell isn't on the best page with the lakers players rn. I'd be all in for making a trade centering around Derozan and Russell

The only DeRozan sign and trade I could see working would be to a team who is isn't way under the cap and can't just sign DeRozan. More realistically, I think he'd just sign with Dallas or the Pelicans for a max, since they need creative wings.
Where's the D?
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager
And1: 8,607

Post#1830 » by TheGoodDoctor » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:55 pm

Of course hypothetical and BC could swat this down but our own 2016 pick + the rights to DeAndre + Bebe for Covington and then Ross for Gibson...

Lowry/CoJo/Wright
DD/Powell/Wright
Carroll/Covington
Patterson/Gibson
Valanciunas/Biyombo

Would be a helluva tough team to beat then see if maybe mid next season Gibson + LAC pick + Raptor 2018 pick for Milsap

Lowry/CoJo/Wright
DD/Powell
Carroll/Covington
Millsap/Patterson
Valanciunas/Biyombo

That team quite easily makes the Finals in the East against an aging LeBron. Plus you have Bruno + whatever pick (Luwawu, Skal....dream scenario Murray or Brown) developing. Just a thought...personally I'd at least do the first half.
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,436

Post#1831 » by Rapsfan07 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:31 am

I like the idea of grabbing Dieng and Covington... I think that's the way to go. Would still like to have Horford as well.

The only hang up is I don't know what Minny is gonna for in return for Dieng but with him being an FA next season, we might could get him cheap if Minny doesn't wanna risk having to pay him big bucks. However, in order to have the currency to have Covington, Dieng and Horford, we'll need to cash in on Ross, JV and the 9th pick.

I think we could/should be the top contender for Horford, especially with Carroll on the team. Ross, Joseph and #9 should get the job done. Covington should be had for one of our 2017 1st and Bruno or Daniels.

Moving JV gets us more assets to make the Dieng deal go down as well
Rapsfan07
RealGM

Post#1832 » by Rapsfan07 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:39 am

Ell Curry wrote:

If we're talking no-Demar dreams, here's mine. Durant gets frustrated from having no help around him and Westbrook in their 5 gam loss to San Antonio (or 7 game loss to Dallas even better) and we do this:

2. Carroll + 9th + 2017 best 1st between Clippers and Raptors is traded to Pelicans/Minnesota for the 5th or 6th pick.
3. DeMar is renounced.
4. Bebe is traded to some team needing a young backup center who likes his healthy numbers in short minutes, passing ability and length on D enough to think he can give them 15-20 a game.
5. Bruno is traded to someone who wants to take a flier on him. Maybe we have to give up a 2nd rounder.
6. Durant signs.

JV-Biyombo (22)
Durant-Ross (37.5)
Powell-Hield (4.2)

Even though this is just a dream, this is worse than what he has in OKC. Neveremind the hoopla it takes to make this happen
sogood
Analyst
And1: 5,095

Post#1833 » by sogood » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:18 am

They have no reason to. 60+ million of cap space, they can just sign him outright.

I'm pretty sure they give zero **** if Nick Young is upset.
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,881

Post#1834 » by deeps6x » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:15 am

Ell Curry wrote:

3. DeMar is renounced.
6. Durant signs.

JV-Biyombo (22)
Durant-Ross (37.5)
Powell-Hield (4.2)

I was thinking along the same lines. I think Biyombo wants to stay and if we can come up with close to his market value, we will keep him. I was hoping to trade Carroll and #9 for #6 if Murray was still available. The Pelicans need a SF, they have the cap space to easily absorb $14M, and with #9 they might grab Poeltl or the PF of their choice as AD's backup. Win win?
OR perhaps Denver wants to play Gallo at PF and dump chandler on someone else. (knicks please) Then a DC for Faried trade would help both teams.

I don't see KD coming here. I do see DD getting lowballed by Masai. $20M/yr, $80M/4.
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
Treadmill_Team
Senior
And1: 391

Post#1835 » by Treadmill_Team » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:04 am

sogood wrote:

They have no reason to. 60+ million of cap space, they can just sign him outright.

I'm pretty sure they give zero **** if Nick Young is upset.

More than Nick Young that is upset. He broke the bro code. I was just asking because I wasn't sure if you could still get the extra year doing the sign and trade
Gold Dragon
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,582

Post#1836 » by Gold Dragon » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:42 pm

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/241652/Quincy-Acy-To-Decline-$105M-Player-Option-With-Kings

Bring Acy home. He is the kind of low cost PF I see Masai targeting. Brings defensive energy. Has shot .388 from 3 this past year on decent volume.

The biannual exception or part of the MLE if Biyombo doesn't take it would be great for Acy.
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager
And1: 8,607

Post#1837 » by TheGoodDoctor » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:59 pm

Gold Dragon wrote:http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/241652/Quincy-Acy-To-Decline-$105M-Player-Option-With-Kings

Bring Acy home. He is the kind of low cost PF I see Masai targeting. Brings defensive energy. Has shot .388 from 3 this past year on decent volume.

The biannual exception or part of the MLE if Biyombo doesn't take it would be great for Acy.

Meh...I rather keep Thompson than bother with Acy, he's one of the least skilled PFs in the league.

I think we just fall in love with our old players too much and Biyombo ain't giving up a dime #bigbizness
CoachJReturns
RealGM
And1: 10,535

Post#1838 » by CoachJReturns » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:55 pm

What the heck do we have to do to get Ibaka if KD looks like he's going to leave next year? If JV continues to play at this level for the remainder of the playoffs, he's given us(me at least) enough reason to build around him. His efficiency is elite and a reduction in turnovers when double teamed in the post would make him a major weapon. He needs his defensive issues to be masked, however and Ibaka is the best guy for the job at PF.
Again, this is all IF he can play at or near this level going forward, though he's been very efficient and an excellent rebounder for a while now, so it's not like he's doing something brand new.
Rapsfan07
RealGM

Post#1839 » by Rapsfan07 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:31 pm

As great as Biyombo's been, I don't think he's our top priority this season. We need to do whatever we can to re-sign DeRozan to a below max level deal and try and swing and deal for Al Horford. We can offer Biyombo whatever space we have left after all the big moves are made but I'm not going to be in a hurry to lock up precious capsapce on role players if we're still lacking in the star department. I'd love to have Biyombo back, believe me I like him just as much as anyone else here but getting some real star help for DeRozan and Lowry should be the primary goal this offseason. Doing so will ensure we take the next step to the ECF. LeBron is getting older and we need to start preparing ourselves from now to take over the East.

Also, don't forget about Larry Sanders. He was one of the best defensive centers in the league before he was bought out by the Bucks. If he is mentally ready to get back into the game on a winning team and Biyombo is looking for a pay day we can't afford, I'd see if we can try him out on a cheap short term deal.
CoachJReturns
RealGM
And1: 10,535

Post#1840 » by CoachJReturns » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:43 pm

I think Trey Lyles would be a good target in a trade. A couple guys have brough his name up before. His 3 point shot looks very promising as he shot .383 from 3 point range on 1.6 attempts a game as a rookie. He's also a solid defensive rebounder. Maybe Delon and our late first round pick for Lyles on draft night if they don't draft a point guard.

Return to Toronto Raptors