ImageImageImageImageImage

The in-arena fan support is really getting weak...

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

theaub
Senior
And1: 993

Re: The in-arena fan support is really getting weak... 

Post#181 » by theaub » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:24 pm

Yeah you can't really take sides/side primes as the general vibe of the arena.

Even in the playoffs you're going to see less of an atmosphere there compared to the rest of the arena, so in the regular season its going to be rather dead.

And there is definitely something to be said about those seats being 'more corporate.' Senior management at my company are...well, old white dudes, and they've started asking banks/auditors/consultants etc for Raptor tickets instead of Leaf tickets. I mean they definitely fit into the category of people who show up halfway through the first quarter, spend halftime in the lounge and take too long to get back etc, but that's just kind of how it is when it comes to that stuff. You go there to impress clients/be impressed, not to get immersed in the game.
booyah_child
Sixth Man
And1: 818

Post#182 » by booyah_child » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:44 pm

Was at the game last night - my first one for the year. I noticed the crowd was pretty weak, but to be honest, the game itself was just boring. It hurts when the star power on the opposing side isn't present. Especially for casual fans who only know the household names.

The Raptors also didn't really provide much in terms of excitable moments. I mean the blocks were good and there were a few flashes of great plays but overall, the Raps didn't really step on the Kincks' throats for multiple possessions to get the crowd into it. I personally just sat there waiting for it to happen, but pace was pretty slow.
hoopnharm
Banned User
And1: 23

Post#183 » by hoopnharm » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:55 pm

I expect the wagons to fill due to this winstreak
rapsrapsraps
Sophomore
And1: 73

Post#184 » by rapsrapsraps » Thu Feb 4, 2016 6:56 am

whysoserious wrote:
rapsrapsraps wrote:Yeah. I do. You nut. Don't talk like you know anything about what goes on in the business world. I went to a game the other day in the lower bowl in the "SSH" and got the tickets from a buddy's company that has recently invested in Raptor tickets since last year, to send guests to. So why don't you put a pipe in it, reject.

And for the record, you know exactly what I mean by real fans (non band wagoners, people that go to the game and actually watch the game and are passionate about it) don't act like you don't know. The game I went to had absolutely zero chanting and cheering in the lower bowl...your pathetic.

Thanks for proving exactly what type of fan you are. At no point did I insult you, I asked a series of questions. You still have absolutely no facts to back up your original claim and your evidence is one pair of tickets from a friends company that bought them specifically to give out. Problem is you have no evidence this extrapolates to the rest of the SSH base or crowds at games.

Maybe you should look in the mirror first before throwing out baseless claims and then throwing some insults. And I'm pathetic? I've been a fan for probably much longer than you have, one of the loudest people in my section and SSH now for 3 years with previous SSH in a group. So maybe you should watch it.

Whoop di-do you "might" of been a fan longer than me, which is completely irrelevant, and good for you, your a ssh on daddy's penny probably. Don't try and hide away from away from the fact, the lower bowl is quiet and pathetic, everybody knows it. Don't talk about evidence, i was there, I seen the people around me, it was pathetic.

You might of been cheering, not the other large majority.
rapsrapsraps
Sophomore

Post#185 » by rapsrapsraps » Thu Feb 4, 2016 6:58 am

whysoserious wrote:
rapsrapsraps wrote:Yeah. I do. You nut. Don't talk like you know anything about what goes on in the business world. I went to a game the other day in the lower bowl in the "SSH" and got the tickets from a buddy's company that has recently invested in Raptor tickets since last year, to send guests to. So why don't you put a pipe in it, reject.

And for the record, you know exactly what I mean by real fans (non band wagoners, people that go to the game and actually watch the game and are passionate about it) don't act like you don't know. The game I went to had absolutely zero chanting and cheering in the lower bowl...your pathetic.

Thanks for proving exactly what type of fan you are. At no point did I insult you, I asked a series of questions. You still have absolutely no facts to back up your original claim and your evidence is one pair of tickets from a friends company that bought them specifically to give out. Problem is you have no evidence this extrapolates to the rest of the SSH base or crowds at games.

Maybe you should look in the mirror first before throwing out baseless claims and then throwing some insults. And I'm pathetic? I've been a fan for probably much longer than you have, one of the loudest people in my section and SSH now for 3 years with previous SSH in a group. So maybe you should watch it.

Post#181 » by theaub » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:24 pm

Yeah you can't really take sides/side primes as the general vibe of the arena.

Even in the playoffs you're going to see less of an atmosphere there compared to the rest of the arena, so in the regular season its going to be rather dead.

And there is definitely something to be said about those seats being 'more corporate.' Senior management at my company are...well, old white dudes, and they've started asking banks/auditors/consultants etc for Raptor tickets instead of Leaf tickets. I mean they definitely fit into the category of people who show up halfway through the first quarter, spend halftime in the lounge and take too long to get back etc, but that's just kind of how it is when it comes to that stuff. You go there to impress clients/be impressed, not to get immersed in the game.
whysoserious
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Post#186 » by whysoserious » Thu Feb 4, 2016 2:15 pm

rapsrapsraps wrote:
Whoop di-do you "might" of been a fan longer than me, which is completely irrelevant, and good for you, your a ssh on daddy's penny probably. Don't try and hide away from away from the fact, the lower bowl is quiet and pathetic, everybody knows it. Don't talk about evidence, i was there, I seen the people around me, it was pathetic.

thanks for continuing to prove what type of fan you are. Keep throwing out insults. You talk about me sitting on Daddy's penny LMAO and talk about getting your free lower bowl tix from a friend who's company bought tickets. GTFO here with that.

Your evidence comes down to one game you attended. I've already been to 8-9 games out of my package so I think I have a pretty good understanding of the atmosphere, how it has been in the past and how it is now.

I've already acknowledged the crowd could be better, it's you that's sitting their calling it pathetic and non-existent which is what I challenged you on. That and the fact that you think you're some superior fan to others.
TerryTate
Analyst
And1: 1,451

Post#187 » by TerryTate » Thu Feb 4, 2016 5:30 pm

I would agree.... I remember the 2 seasons (2010-2012) before we started making the playoffs again. I just started a new job and the cash was good. I remember having a MLSE rep and getting tickets 2-3 days before the game, lower bowl (as low as ROW 8) at about 40% off. I would go to at least 10 games a year in the lower bowl, but once they made the playoffs they don't care about the fan who will go watch them even when they are a losing team.

That's MLSE, they don't give two sh|ts about fans or team loyalty. They offer me bull packages or discounts and now I go to maybe 1-2 games a year. The lower bowl is filled with suits who talking, who don't CHEER for the home-team, and barely even watch the game. The true fans are in the upper bowl, because now fans who could afford lower bowl < 3 years ago can only afford upper bowl now.

Don't get me wrong, I love that the team is succeeding now, but now the franchise is in CASH grab mode and with the leafs doing so ****.... people want to watch winners, the raps, which means (Please Use More Appropriate Word) pricing....
rapsrapsraps
Sophomore

Post#188 » by rapsrapsraps » Fri Feb 5, 2016 8:25 am

whysoserious wrote:
rapsrapsraps wrote:

thanks for continuing to prove what type of fan you are. Keep throwing out insults. You talk about me sitting on Daddy's penny LMAO and talk about getting your free lower bowl tix from a friend who's company bought tickets. GTFO here with that.

Your evidence comes down to one game you attended. I've already been to 8-9 games out of my package so I think I have a pretty good understanding of the atmosphere, how it has been in the past and how it is now.

I've already acknowledged the crowd could be better, it's you that's sitting their calling it pathetic and non-existent which is what I challenged you on. That and the fact that you think you're some superior fan to others.

are you blind? illiterate? something? Tell me where on earth I said or think im a more superior fan the others? Do you suffer from memory loss? Don't you remember what you said. " I've been a fan for probably much longer than you have, one of the loudest people in my section and SSH now for 3 years with previous SSH in a group." Cuz that doesn't imply you think your more superior a fan than others and the fact that you have SS. (On Daddys Penny.How are you gonna call me superior to others when your saying stuff like this? Complete non sense, do you even read what you type? its embarrassing.

No, clearly you dont have an understanding what so ever. It's mind boggling that your even defending it. Get over it.

Are you seriously bringing up a free game in comparison to your SS, 41 games on daddy's penny? Hahahaha wtf? Just stop talking, your embarrassing yourself kid. Get a book or something.
rapsrapsraps
Sophomore

Post#189 » by rapsrapsraps » Fri Feb 5, 2016 8:27 am

whysoserious wrote:
rapsrapsraps wrote:

I would agree.... I remember the 2 seasons (2010-2012) before we started making the playoffs again. I just started a new job and the cash was good. I remember having a MLSE rep and getting tickets 2-3 days before the game, lower bowl (as low as ROW 8) at about 40% off. I would go to at least 10 games a year in the lower bowl, but once they made the playoffs they don't care about the fan who will go watch them even when they are a losing team.

That's MLSE, they don't give two sh|ts about fans or team loyalty. They offer me bull packages or discounts and now I go to maybe 1-2 games a year. The lower bowl is filled with suits who talking, who don't CHEER for the home-team, and barely even watch the game. The true fans are in the upper bowl, because now fans who could afford lower bowl < 3 years ago can only afford upper bowl now.

Don't get me wrong, I love that the team is succeeding now, but now the franchise is in CASH grab mode and with the leafs doing so ****.... people want to watch winners, the raps, which means (Please Use More Appropriate Word) pricing.

Dont deny facts. Take this Large L sucka

Return to Toronto Raptors