ImageImageImageImageImage

Patrick Patterson has become my most frustrating player to watch

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

DonMega
General Manager
And1: 8,689

Re: Patrick Patterson has become my most frustrating player to watch 

Post#41 » by DonMega » Wed Feb 3, 2016 5:32 pm

Ross, Trasherson and cojo just frustrate me. Lately watching opposing team rookie centers demolish JV offensively has started to hit a nerve. He's almost as bad on defense as bargnani was. Also the tip off jump ball he always loses is a tick in my nerves. Just glad we have biyombo, sure he has stone hands but he's great defensively and a relief to watch when JV is off court.
Truthrising
RealGM
And1: 7,967

Post#42 » by Truthrising » Wed Feb 3, 2016 5:49 pm

DonMega wrote:Ross, Trasherson and cojo just frustrate me. Lately watching opposing team rookie centers demolish JV offensively has started to hit a nerve. He's almost as bad on defense as bargnani was. Also the tip off jump ball he always loses is a tick in my nerves. Just glad we have biyombo, sure he has stone hands but he's great defensively and a relief to watch when JV is off court.

I dunno about you but both Cojo and Ross has been playing pretty good, I agree that Patterson has been frustrating offensively only because he doesn't take the shot when he the open look, he's gotta stop hesitating.
Masai's to do list
Trade - Ibaka
Bankai
RealGM
And1: 26,487

Post#43 » by Bankai » Wed Feb 3, 2016 5:57 pm

He needs Vasquez back. But dont worry it looks like Casey is trying to turn Joseph from a Tony Parker to a Vasquez. Joseph's game is not pounding the rock. And Patterson needs a guy who can help him catch and shoot in rhythm.
WorldChamp
Banned User
And1: 473

Re: Patrick Paterson has become my most frustrating player to watch 

Post#44 » by WorldChamp » Wed Feb 3, 2016 6:00 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
WorldChamp wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:He still plays good defense and moves the ball around on offense, been decent at rebounding this year as well, rarely turns the ball over either. Not every player is gonna be excellent in all areas, although his 39% from the field is real bad

The myth that Patterson is a good defender belongs right beside the myth that Conservatives are good with the economy and the myth that there is god who judges whether we should enter a mystical holy land called heaven. Awesome when I can rip on Patterson, politics and religion in one sentence.

Well it's always a good idea to bring Poltical and Religion into a sports conversation! For all you know I'm a conservative Christian; think before you post.

You think Bennett is better than Patterson don't you

Who cares if you are though everything I said was true. Also, I do think AB would be better than Patterson if given the same opportunity. He put up better numbers last year than Patterson has this year (check out their PERs if you don't believe me). Ab's offensive skill-set is way more diverse than Patterson too he is just lacking experience. Ab can drive, hit fadeaways, pull ups, etc. Patterson,on the other hand, is just a set shooter who can't shoot. Defensively, Patterson has been average or a bit below average (got wrecked by Morris yesterday) and Bennett has played below average BUT this is only due to one player being in this system for a longer period. Ab looked way better defensively in the second half last season than anything he's shown here. Ab just need time to learn our system and he'd be a huge upgrade over patterson.
Reg00
Starter
And1: 1,402

Post#45 » by Reg00 » Wed Feb 3, 2016 6:02 pm

He is paid correctly though. He fills a role but obviously more consistency from 3 would be nice.
5'11 Point Forward
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,165

Post#46 » by YogurtProducer » Wed Feb 3, 2016 6:30 pm

WorldChamp wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
WorldChamp wrote:
The myth that Patterson is a good defender belongs right beside the myth that Conservatives are good with the economy and the myth that there is god who judges whether we should enter a mystical holy land called heaven. Awesome when I can rip on Patterson, politics and religion in one sentence.

Well it's always a good idea to bring Poltical and Religion into a sports conversation! For all you know I'm a conservative Christian; think before you post.

Who cares if you are though everything I said was true. Also, I do think AB would be better than Patterson if given the same opportunity. He put up better numbers last year than Patterson has this year.

Wow :roll: I'm not religious in the least and I do not give a **** about politics, but I'm also not an **** who puts down people who might believe in that.

And well raw numbers definitely do not tell the whole story. And considered the numbers don't really favor Bennett at all I'm unsure as to what you think he is going to provide.

His defense is awful, his TS% is quite a bit worse, his rebounding is better, his BPM is terrible, his TO% is higher, and he has done all of this on a way higher usage %..

So please, tell me how Bennett, the guy who has been cut two years after being the #1 pick and signed for the minimum here in Toronto because he had no other suitors is better than Patterson or any other PFs we have?

Edit: just seen your edit. PER? Really? That doesn't have anything to do with the fact he had a higher usage or anything? Besides, Pattersons PER was better than His last year and this year. I also think you fail to see that Pattersons 3 point shooting as inconsistent as it is is still more valuable than whatever little skill Bennett brings to the table. He was cut by the worst team in the league, he isn't any good.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
WorldChamp
Banned User

Post#47 » by WorldChamp » Wed Feb 3, 2016 6:46 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
WorldChamp wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:Well it's always a good idea to bring Poltical and Religion into a sports conversation! For all you know I'm a conservative Christian; think before you post.

Who cares if you are though everything I said was true. Also, I do think AB would be better than Patterson if given the same opportunity. He put up better numbers last year than Patterson has this year.

Wow :roll: I'm not religious in the least and I do not give a **** about politics, but I'm also not an **** who puts down people who might believe in that.

And well raw numbers definitely do not tell the whole story. And considered the numbers don't really favor Bennett at all I'm unsure as to what you think he is going to provide.

His defense is awful, his TS% is quite a bit worse, his rebounding is better, his BPM is terrible, his TO% is higher, and he has done all of this on a way higher usage %..

So please, tell me how Bennett, the guy who has been cut two years after being the #1 pick and signed for the minimum here in Toronto because he had no other suitors is better than Patterson or any other PFs we have?

Edit: just seen your edit. PER? Really? That doesn't have anything to do with the fact he had a higher usage or anything? Besides, Pattersons PER was better than His last year and this year. I also think you fail to see that Pattersons 3 point shooting as inconsistent as it is is still more valuable than whatever little skill Bennett brings to the table. He was cut by the worst team in the league, he isn't any good.

This one video shows a bigger offensive repertoire than Patterson's entire career to date.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxNWA6E6JZA[/youtube]
YoungD23
Sixth Man
And1: 1,069

Post#48 » by YoungD23 » Wed Feb 3, 2016 6:49 pm

Lol, Patterson kills me. I swear the basketball is a hot potato to him. The second he rebounds the ball, he does the dumbest passes ever
Truthrising
RealGM
And1: 7,967

Post#49 » by Truthrising » Wed Feb 3, 2016 6:51 pm

WorldChamp wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
WorldChamp wrote:

This one video shows a bigger offensive repertoire than Patterson's entire career to date.

He's not a basketball player, i just don't see any upside in him.
Masai's to do list
Trade - Ibaka
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#50 » by YogurtProducer » Wed Feb 3, 2016 6:56 pm

WorldChamp wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
WorldChamp wrote:

All of those highlights make him look like Patterson with dunking ability. Pretty sad you posted highlights from his best game ever to prove your point and it still didn't help you
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,506

Post#51 » by OakleyDokely » Wed Feb 3, 2016 6:59 pm

In January, PPat shot .484 from the floor and .442 from 3.
babystewie
Starter
And1: 335

Post#52 » by babystewie » Wed Feb 3, 2016 7:07 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:In January, PPat shot .484 from the floor and .442 from 3.

Yes, but what has he done for us lately?
"We're gonna take a different approach. We're gonna lay off Kobe, and let him get his, and just focus on the other guys."
- Assistant Coach Jim Todd at halftime on the night of Kobe Bryant's 'magical' 81 points.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,506

Post#53 » by OakleyDokely » Wed Feb 3, 2016 7:10 pm

babystewie wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:In January, PPat shot .484 from the floor and .442 from 3.

Yes, but what has he done for us lately?

True, in Feb he's .167 from the field and .111 from 3

:)
triple_threat
Veteran
And1: 2,045

Post#54 » by triple_threat » Wed Feb 3, 2016 8:28 pm

i've said it before and i'll say it again. this man can't rebound the basketball. he's a liability on the boards.
WorldChamp
Banned User

Post#55 » by WorldChamp » Wed Feb 3, 2016 8:46 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
WorldChamp wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:Wow :roll: I'm not religious in the least and I do not give a **** about politics, but I'm also not an **** who puts down people who might believe in that.

All of those highlights make him look like Patterson with dunking ability. Pretty sad you posted highlights from his best game ever to prove your point and it still didn't help you

his best game ever was in cleveland...But here's patterson's career high for comparison.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ElDerNKANQ[/youtube]

Ab offers so much more than Patterson. I don't even think Patterson knows how to do a pick and roll.
Steelo Green
RealGM
And1: 24,807

Post#56 » by Steelo Green » Wed Feb 3, 2016 9:08 pm

WorldChamp wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
WorldChamp wrote:

his best game ever was in cleveland...But here's patterson's career high for comparison.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ElDerNKANQ[/youtube]

Ab offers so much more than Patterson. I don't even think Patterson knows how to do a pick and roll.

What does AB do better than Patterson?

Nothing.

Shooting: No
Scoring: No
Defense: Emphatic no
Passing: No
Decision making: No
Handles: No
yassillio
Rookie
And1: 1,074

Post#57 » by yassillio » Wed Feb 3, 2016 9:20 pm

Merit wrote:Badbrick Badderson on offense. Near elite defense. Trade him/picks for Horford please! The sooner the better - so that Horford can get acclimated to our defensive schemes.

:rofl: :clap:
Leo: I tell players all the time
DarkKnight
Analyst
And1: 672

Post#58 » by DarkKnight » Wed Feb 3, 2016 10:04 pm

Love the guys here bashing the bench guys when they've been carrying the team since JV got back. Last 18 games, Check out the Net Rating (points scored per 100 possessions-points allowed per 100 possessions:

Taking out Bennett's tiny sample size, Biyombo, Ross, Joseph, and Patterson are head and shoulders our most influential guys over the last month+. The starters are breaking even against other starters, and the bench is destroying other teams. And everyone is in here bashing the bench guys and trying to move them. If anything, they should be desperate to trade Valanciunas, get value for him, and open up cap space to re-sign Biyombo before someone else throw money at him.
"JJ is a fineness player." - knickerbocker2k2 (meaning to say "finesse", about James Johnson)
Stolen Identity
Veteran
And1: 4,010

Post#59 » by Stolen Identity » Wed Feb 3, 2016 10:27 pm

Does the OP eventually get banned?

He must be a troll/gimmick account. There's no way someone is this deluded to defend Anthony Bennett and trash Patrick Patterson (who is a journey man role player) at all costs. Brings up the same point over and over again (Bennett's PER is higher than Patterson's in random scenario or whatever)... Only to disproven over and over again because it lacks (or just doesn't care for) context. He's also trahsed guys like JJ too becuase he doesn't like him and wished injury upon him.

Final straw is comparing a sports athlete's contriubutuon to Religion and Politics contribution... A cardinal sin on the internet considering how senstive and heated the latter 2 can become.

To answer the topic, it's still Ross. I think he can be more potent than he is.
Stuck in Dystopia.
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#60 » by YogurtProducer » Thu Feb 4, 2016 12:04 am

Stolen Identity wrote:Does the OP eventually get banned?

He must be a troll/gimmick account. There's no way someone is this deluded to defend Anthony Bennett and trash Patrick Patterson (who is a journey man role player) at all costs. Brings up the same point over and over again (Bennett's PER is higher than Patterson's in random scenario or whatever)... Only to disproven over and over again because it lacks (or just doesn't care for) context. He's also trahsed guys like JJ too becuase he doesn't like him and wished injury upon him.

Final straw is comparing a sports athlete's contriubutuon to Religion and Politics contribution... A cardinal sin on the internet considering how senstive and heated the latter 2 can become.

To answer the topic, it's still Ross. I think he can be more potent than he is.

Your mistaking the OP for WorldChamp. WorldChamp has the Bennett all star game sig and has been trolling the board for a month or so. Can't believe he hasn't been banned but posters people actually enjoy do

Return to Toronto Raptors