ImageImageImageImageImage

Playoffs & Casey - The Rotation

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

dontsettle4less
Senior
And1: 343

Playoffs & Casey - The Rotation 

Post#1 » by dontsettle4less » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:20 pm

Hi Guys,

Watching the last few playoffs, Casey's made some questionable changes to the rotation once the playoffs came. I mean for example, he completely changed the starting line up for Washington, why wouldn't he stick to what was working? I do like Casey don't get me wrong but I mean is anybody worried about once we get to the playoffs if he'll change something in the line that's working for us just to try and match another team?
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,641

Re: Playoffs & Casey - The Rotation 

Post#2 » by C_Money » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:16 pm

With a healthy starting lineup, the only change he could make is to remove Scola. I don't think too many people would have a problem with that.
Potential
RealGM
And1: 43,956

Post#3 » by Potential » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:28 pm

#RemoveScola
sca
Head Coach
And1: 9,172

Post#4 » by sca » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:13 pm

I still have some concerns about a potentially tightened rotation for the play-offs, and how we will adjust to the opponent(s) playing their starting unit / best guys 35+ mins.

- Our best five man unit is not our starting five, our starting five is actually very mediocre in terms of +/-. In a sense we've been winning games thanks to the Joseph/Kyle/Ross/PatPat/Biyombo lineup recently. Will it work in the play-offs? Will Casey even use it? My hope is that our starting five gets vastly better when/if DMC comes back and they find some chemistry between that unit, or we make a trade.

- DeMar's been ballin' I know, but he still has the worst on/off +/- among starters with a friggin' -11.6 per 100 possessions. Our defense especially gives up 107.0 pts/100poss when he plays and 95.8 when he sits. How the **** does that happen, I can't really comprehend, because he generally passes the eye test, and no one would call him a terrible defender. I looked at some tracking data on NBA.com and saw that he's especially one of the worst guys in the whole league (top 10 worst) at defending spot up shooters. How will he respond when he'll be expected to play much better d in the play-offs?

- Our guards are awesome, but both tend to go into heroball mode when they get frustrated and things don't go their way. Will they go into chuck mode after finding it harder to create / make shots in the half-court? Will we get the offensive diversity we crave for, or will some of the roleplayers completely disappear once again, especially if/when Lowry and/or DeRozan force the issue a bit more than usual?
RaptorsLife on Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:45 pm wrote:
nabbs wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:Nurse can’t be our head coach

Why not? Who is your choice?

Def Messina

RaptorsLife on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:31 pm wrote:Messina sucks

Return to Toronto Raptors