ImageImageImageImageImage

Should JV have volununtarily sat out?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

MikeMars
Junior
And1: 151

Should JV have volununtarily sat out? 

Post#1 » by MikeMars » Thu May 26, 2016 3:04 am

So I had this idea comming into game 5, about JV and his possible return. What was going on in the locker room and had no clue, but came to the conclusion that maybe this team is just better without him? And would he be big enough to see that and voluntarily just say hey, im ok to play, but theres some chemistry going on here, I dont want to wreck a good thing, Ill come off the bench for spot minutes. Thats what I would have done, it what I sensed was going on the last 2 games, lets be honest he's white, and I dont care how unracists you are but when youre a minority youre a minority, people wont like you for whatever reason, no reason at all, why force them too? So would it be better of JV to have voluntariliy sat out, instead of trying to force everyone on the team to like him/ support him. Or did he rather sucumb to his ego. Or am I wrong about all this? I just saw the way he played in garbage time and im sensing a sense of entiltlement thats not deserved. Like he's better in his mind than he actually is, and its just not comming off well. Or is he really that good and its up to him to bring the Raptors past the Cavs?
Wraps_fan
Analyst
And1: 5,735

Re: Should JV have volununtarily sat out? 

Post#2 » by Wraps_fan » Thu May 26, 2016 3:11 am

in before Lock
KL78192020
RealGM
And1: 14,440

Post#3 » by KL78192020 » Thu May 26, 2016 3:11 am

Yea he did in game 1 and 2, how did that turn out? lol at fans blaming this on JV. Contender for stupidest post on realgm.."He's white"..wtf bringing race into this.
anotherhomer
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,000

Post#4 » by anotherhomer » Thu May 26, 2016 3:11 am

wow thread is way too reactionary

JV's competitor and wanted to go out there to compete and win

The reason why the team's feeding him the ball is because the Raptors desperately need another scoring option against the Cavs if they shutdown Lowry and Derozan

Right now, the Cavs threw everything against Derozan and Lowry and shutdown the team. Getting JV going, really helps so they trying to get him into shape.
raptor jesus
RealGM
And1: 22,013

Post#5 » by raptor jesus » Thu May 26, 2016 3:13 am

uh, i hope you're trolling.
UneducatedFan86
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,590

Post#6 » by UneducatedFan86 » Thu May 26, 2016 3:13 am

This game was out of hand before JV even touched the floor... so... I don't get it. Without JV, we wouldn't of made it out of the 1st round. Bismack gave nothing tonight.
RaptorHusky
Veteran
And1: 4,876

Post#7 » by RaptorHusky » Thu May 26, 2016 3:14 am

It was not JV's presence a reason for Love hitting 5/5 and raining 3s from everywhere when Cavs made first run
aw8
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,570

Post#8 » by aw8 » Thu May 26, 2016 3:14 am

I feel the ban hammer coming....
NerkaBoston
Junior
And1: 105

Post#9 » by NerkaBoston » Thu May 26, 2016 3:15 am

Blame JV.... :)

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Inklink
RealGM
And1: 19,214

Post#10 » by Inklink » Thu May 26, 2016 3:15 am

He should have quit because these morons weren't passing to him anyway.
For lease.
MikeMars
Junior
And1: 151

Post#11 » by MikeMars » Thu May 26, 2016 3:16 am

anotherhomer wrote:wow thread is way too reactionary

The reason why the team's feeding him the ball is because the Raptors desperately need another scoring option against the Cavs if they shutdown Lowry and Derozan

Right now, the Cavs threw everything against Derozan and Lowry and shutdown the team. Getting JV going, really helps so they trying to get him into shape.

I understand JV's a competitor, but at what point are you competing for yourself and not the team? Like do you sacrifice yourself to make the team better if thats what would happen? Keep in mind I havent watched a single raptors game all season other than the playoffs, so I dont know what the teams like, if JV's actually a help on this team or not. But yeah it would help if everyone could contribute the more weapons you have the better. But there is a chemistry thing too, and if you got the right chemistry of guys working together I dont know if you can just throw in different weapons and hope not to disrupt that.
2pat
Rookie
And1: 1,335

Post#12 » by 2pat » Thu May 26, 2016 3:16 am

Somebody started watching basketball a couple of weeks ago.
2pat
Rookie
And1: 1,335

Post#13 » by 2pat » Thu May 26, 2016 3:17 am

MikeMars wrote:

I understand JV's a competitor, but at what point are you competing for yourself and not the team? Like do you sacrifice yourself to make the team better if thats what would happen? Keep in mind I havent watched a single raptors game all season other than the playoffs, so I dont know what the teams like, if JV's actually a help on this team or not. But yeah it would help if everyone could contribute the more weapons you have the better. But there is a chemistry thing too, and if you got the right chemistry of guys working together I dont know if you can just throw in different weapons and hope not to disrupt that.

Just go away man and don't come back.
NerkaBoston
Junior
And1: 105

Post#14 » by NerkaBoston » Thu May 26, 2016 3:18 am

MikeMars wrote:

Was it really JV that hurt your eye?! :)

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
KL78192020
RealGM
And1: 14,440

Post#15 » by KL78192020 » Thu May 26, 2016 3:18 am

MikeMars wrote:

Stop posting, really just stop . You haven't watched a single regular season game, yet you know there is a chemistry issue?
Thespianoid
RealGM
And1: 78,794

Post#16 » by Thespianoid » Thu May 26, 2016 3:19 am

MikeMars wrote:lets be honest he's white [...] people wont like you for whatever reason, no reason at all, why force them too? Or did he rather sucumb to his ego.

MikeMars wrote:instead of trying to force everyone on the team to like him/ support him.

MikeMars wrote:I just saw the way he played in garbage time and imsensing a sense of entiltlementthats not deserved. Like he's better in his mind than he actually is, and its just not comming off well.

MikeMars wrote: Or am I wrong about all this?

Yes. Yes you are. :crazy:

If you're talking about sacrifice, JV is the biggest example of it on this team. And people are always talking about getting Cousins, do you think he'd sacrifice anything?
Clementine9 wrote:Missed shots are unfortunate, but it's the trends throughout the game that matter.

Choker wrote:The swing in how Raptors fans have supported and turned on Powell is a good case study of human behavior.
Clementine9
RealGM
And1: 26,001

Post#17 » by Clementine9 » Thu May 26, 2016 3:21 am

Lock 'er up.
Lateral Quicks wrote:Gradually JV's minutes will approach zero at the same time his points and rebounds approach infinity - a statistical singularity, if you will. Shrewd move from Nurse.
lanju
Junior
And1: 404

Post#18 » by lanju » Thu May 26, 2016 3:22 am

MikeMars wrote:

you watched the playoffs and you don't know JV has been our best player in the playoffs?
sule
RealGM
And1: 34,205

Post#19 » by sule » Thu May 26, 2016 3:23 am

MikeMars wrote:So I had this idea comming into game 5, about JV and his possible return. What was going on in the locker room and had no clue, but came to the conclusion that maybe this team is just better without him? And would he be big enough to see that and voluntarily just say hey, im ok to play, but theres some chemistry going on here, I dont want to wreck a good thing, Ill come off the bench for spot minutes. Thats what I would have done, it what I sensed was going on the last 2 games, lets be honest he's white, and I dont care how unracists you are but when youre a minority youre a minority, people wont like you for whatever reason, no reason at all, why force them too? So would it be better of JV to have voluntariliy sat out, instead of trying to force everyone on the team to like him/ support him. Or did he rather sucumb to his ego. Or am I wrong about all this? I just saw the way he played in garbage time and im sensing a sense of entiltlement thats not deserved. Like he's better in his mind than he actually is, and its just not comming off well. Or is he really that good and its up to him to bring the Raptors past the Cavs?

Raps got blown out 2 games by Cleveland in Games 1 and 2, and still got taken to 7 games by Miami. This game, he only got two touches, despite being an offensive difference-maker and up against smaller players.

Statistically, he's been among the best players in the league these playoffs, up there with Curry, LeBron, Kawhi, Westbrook, Durant, and Klay.

Overall, he's also been much more consistent than Biyombo, Lowry, and Demar. And all this, despite being ignored most of the time on the court.

And you think he should have opted to sit out? Bruh...Raps would've had a better chance with Lowry and Demar and Carroll and Patterson opting to sit out tonight, than Val opting not to play.
Thespianoid
RealGM
And1: 78,794

Post#20 » by Thespianoid » Thu May 26, 2016 3:23 am

MikeMars wrote: Keep in mind I havent watched a single raptors game all season other than the playoffs, so I dont know what the teams like, if JV's actually a help on this team or not.

this essentially completely nullifies ANYTHING you have to say.

1. did you miss JV's huge impact against Indiana and especially against Miami?

2. how can you feel qualified to insinuate things like chemistry issues/ego/entitlement without any evidence? Having only watched basketball for a few months?

Jesus Christ.
Clementine9 wrote:Missed shots are unfortunate, but it's the trends throughout the game that matter.

Choker wrote:The swing in how Raptors fans have supported and turned on Powell is a good case study of human behavior.

Return to Toronto Raptors