ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Celtics favored to sign Dwight Howard

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

alienchild
RealGM
And1: 17,155

Re: OT: Celtics favored to sign Dwight Howard 

Post#21 » by alienchild » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:18 pm

ruckus wrote:
McGregFan wrote:
ruckus wrote:Will that make Sullinger expendable?

Probably but i would honestly stay away from him

Any specific reason why? I know he has weight issues but, other than that, he appears to be an under-the-radar player on the rise.

Fat. Fat. Fat.Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.
Everybody is losing their freaking minds. Nutbars and wingnuts have infested this forum. We've become a public lavatory without cleaning staff.
Badonkadonk
Head Coach
And1: 11,756

Post#22 » by Badonkadonk » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:23 pm

ruckus wrote:
McGregFan wrote:

Any specific reason why? I know he has weight issues but, other than that, he appears to be an under-the-radar player on the rise.

Agreed, I really like Sullinger.

edit - I guess some people didn't really follow him last year, he's flying way under the radar:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2016/03/03/jared-sullinger-making-big-difference-for-celtics/l4nWWJ7Lkdxvv8QU7cX5oM/story.html
yellowknifer
Analyst
And1: 2,337

Post#23 » by yellowknifer » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:28 pm

Gonna be fun watching JV have his way against him.
navyblue
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,612

Post#24 » by navyblue » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:30 pm

Ainge as failed. Fans are in revolt. And ever since his success of one offseason he has this aura of smarter than thou and I love seeing those people fail.

That plus that organization talks a lot. Owner talks GM talks Isiah Thomas talks like he is the second coming.
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,481

Post#25 » by Brinbe » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:34 pm

LOL Howard is his key get after all that time? GJ Ainge
Landomar
Bench Warmer
And1: 373

Post#26 » by Landomar » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:38 pm

I have always liked Sullinger, and would be happy to have him on the team. If he ends up being a UFA, I'd gladly take him for the MLE. I think that he's in line for a fairly big contract though. A team like Brooklyn would likely pay him $10 million plus.
IMAN5
General Manager
And1: 5,666

Post#27 » by IMAN5 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:43 pm

I really feel bad for any team that ends up getting Dwight.

It's crazy this guy once lead an Orlando team to an NBA Finals and competed with the eventual champion Lakers.

You would thing the next thing to do would be get better but he's gotten worse each season since. Dwightmare in LA. Dwightmare in Houston.

This guy has to sign somewhere and prove his worth to the whole league. Prove he can still play, prove he can get serious and want to win a title. If he doesn't he'll fall in that B and C list level of talent.

I compare it a lot to Vince Carter when everyone was saying him and Kobe were the best guards in the league. Then VC completely fell out of the top 5 category, couldn't even make all star teams anymore. Still serviceable, but no longer a superstar.
instagram.com/510movement
bboyskinnylegs
RealGM
And1: 25,497

Post#28 » by bboyskinnylegs » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:31 pm

navyblue wrote:Ainge as failed. Fans are in revolt. And ever since his success of one offseason he has this aura of smarter than thou and I love seeing those people fail.

That plus that organization talks a lot. Owner talks GM talks Isiah Thomas talks like he is the second coming.

His only real successes as a GM have been bringing in Brad Stevens, and taking advantage of seriously stupid/desperate teams in the Nets/Clippers by selling off KG/PP/Doc.

I always assumed things would get harder for us in the Atlantic moving forward but with BC potentially offering big contracts to Barnes/Waiters, Ainge blowing his capspace on Dwight, and the Phil Jackson continuing to amaze the basketball world with his bold moves to turn the Knicks into championship contenders, I actually like how things are shaping up.
vaff87
RealGM
And1: 70,824

Post#29 » by vaff87 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:36 pm

This would be great. Probably one of the worst moves they could make.
JYD
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,209

Post#30 » by JYD » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:57 pm

I think this is the best place for Howard to go. I predict he gets rejuvenated there, it's a good system for him to feed off of and get engaged in the game without force feeding the ball to him.
kirkwood
Starter
And1: 1,718

Post#31 » by kirkwood » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:38 pm

Don't get why anyone would want to sign this guy to significant money, he's been on the decline for a while now

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Grandia
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,547

Post#32 » by Grandia » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:50 pm

alienchild wrote:
ruckus wrote:
McGregFan wrote:

Fat. Fat. Fat.Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

I also believe he won the James Harden Defensive Player of the Year award this season.
I hate pineapples.
vaff87
RealGM
And1: 70,824

Post#33 » by vaff87 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:51 pm

kirkwood wrote:Don't get why anyone would want to sign this guy to significant money, he's been on the decline for a while now

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Not to mention, a self-centred douche.
JShuttlesworth
General Manager
And1: 12,846

Post#34 » by JShuttlesworth » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:55 pm

Hope so. He's one of the free agents that I really like. I think we can get him at a good price and he can get a decent amount minutes for us. He's low key someone I think we might end up signing.
JShuttlesworth
General Manager
And1: 12,846

Post#35 » by JShuttlesworth » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:12 pm

Dwight is past his prime, but I think that overall he makes them better, money aside. When you factor in the money it's a different story. It's hard to say how much he's going to get paid at this point, but if I'm not sure he's worth $20+ million - I'm still not really sure why he turned down his player option.

He's an athlete, he doesn't have a lot of skill though. I think he can be a solid option at C in the East, he'll at the very least bring you the 15-12-1.5 that you'd expect from him. All that being said, Howard is now on the wrong side of 30. I don't necessarily think he's going to have a fast decline, but he's going to start to lose some of his jump.

Does adding Dwight get Boston 50+ wins next year? Not sure. It would be interesting to see. Both Boston and the Knicks look poised to challenge us in the Atlantic. Whether their moves (or potential moves) translate to wins remains to be seen.
CrookedJ
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,764

Post#36 » by CrookedJ » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:13 pm

Fingers crossed he destroys team chemistry.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
Mister Ze
RealGM
And1: 23,201

Post#37 » by Mister Ze » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:52 pm

Raps fans in this thread acting like he didn't average 20/20 against them in a series.

Dwight might be a bit worse than before but the Celtics have great coaching, depth, and chemistry. Adding him is not favourable for the Raps.
MessiahUjiri
Analyst
And1: 3,763

Post#38 » by MessiahUjiri » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:00 pm

Don't pile on the Celtics like a bunch of jabronis. Remember, they have enough space for TWO max players. It doesn't matter if they blow $20M on Howard. By the time he declines in year 4, their young core will be in their prime.

Sustained excellence. Every GM needs that. In fact, Celtics are exactly the team that can afford to bring him on.

Also, with Howard, Bradley, Smart, Crowder, and 20 minutes of Amir Johnson, this team will be a terror on defense. Any offensive player would love to go there.
Fire everyone who doesn't win the NBA championship.

Tank for 2050. Robot players.

AbeVigodaLive wrote:NZ native, Steven Adams, was initially cast as Gandalf in Lord in the Rings... until Director Peter Jackson replaced him with a younger looking actor.
Sherlock
General Manager
And1: 12,706

Post#39 » by Sherlock » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:08 pm

Master Ze wrote:Raps fans in this thread acting like he didn't average 20/20 against them in a series.

Dwight might be a bit worse than before but the Celtics have great coaching, depth, and chemistry. Adding him is not favourable for the Raps.

2008 Howard and 2016 Howard are not the same player.
Interviewer: Championship #2?
Ujiri: Hey...We're gonna get it. I don't know when it'll be, but we're gonna get it. Just like I said we'll get the first one and I said I didn't know when we'd get it...But we will. Guarantee you we will.
Inevitable
RealGM
And1: 134,630

Post#40 » by Inevitable » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:10 pm

Lol would be a joke signing for the most over hyped team in the league

Return to Toronto Raptors