ImageImageImageImageImage

Scotto: Brooklyn Nets, Anthony Bennett have "mutual interest"

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Scotto: Brooklyn Nets, Anthony Bennett have "mutual interest" 

Post#1 » by ChokeFasncists » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:27 am

http://www.netsdaily.com/2016/7/10/12145068/scotto-brooklyn-nets-anthony-bennett-have-mutual-interest

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MikeAScotto/status/752321569133912064[/tweet]
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,783
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Re: Scotto: Brooklyn Nets, Anthony Bennett have "mutual interest" 

Post#2 » by Boogie! » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:39 am

some team should just take a flyer on him and make him a focal part of their team... as in run the offence through him, allow him to make mistakes, actually give him a chance to show what he can do without the pressure. he still has a lot of talent and i think a lot of his issues are mental... its also possible he might just not be a good basketball player, but i don't think he's as bad as he's shown. his size and skill set are similar to paul mill sap's and mill sap is someone that would be a good fit on this team right now... idk why he can't put it together.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
RapsFor2nd
Junior
And1: 165

Post#3 » by RapsFor2nd » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:45 am

Going to a team with the worst roster in the NBA, he will get minutes. Has to perform or he might not get another shot.
Double Helix
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 28,754

Post#4 » by Double Helix » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:50 am

At this point he should probably study what's getting Derrick Williams contracts and start there. Playing in front of the New York media on a bad team and putting up enough stats to get some New York media behind him would be a good place to start.
BillyGM
Analyst
And1: 1,175

Post#5 » by BillyGM » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:26 am

They should also sign Fredette

C. Lopez
PF. Bennett
SF.
SG. Fredette
PG. Linsanity

Big 3
DraftExpress
What's funny is that I had lunch with Terrence Ross' agent yesterday. We talked about every possible scenario. Toronto never came up.
TheFutureMM
Rookie
And1: 958

Re: Scotto: Brooklyn Nets, Anthony Bennett have 

Post#6 » by TheFutureMM » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:29 am

Double Helix wrote:At this point he should probably study what's getting Derrick Williams contracts and start there. Playing in front of the New York media on a bad team and putting up enough stats to get some New York media behind him would be a good place to start.

I liked Bennett going into the draft, I liked him last summer in FIBA, and I still think he has all the tools to be successful however I just feel like this guy will never reach Derrick Williams level due to his confidence and motor.

If he could figure those two things out he'd be in the league for years.
super_balls
Starter
And1: 1,837

Post#7 » by super_balls » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:29 am

I thought it said Scott Brooks, Anthony Bennett have mutual interest.
Wraps_fan
Analyst
And1: 5,735

Post#8 » by Wraps_fan » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:40 am

super_balls wrote:I thought it said Scott Brooks, Anthony Bennett have mutual interest.

:lol:
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#9 » by Kabookalu » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:42 am

Bennett's a big man that doesn't like doing big man things. Even for a team like the Nets he might not last long unless he changes this attitude of his.
Read on Twitter
mowcrowbar
General Manager
And1: 4,179

Post#10 » by mowcrowbar » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:49 am

BillyGM wrote:They should also sign Fredette

C. Lopez
PF. Bennett
SF.
SG. Fredette
PG. Linsanity

Big 3

Lin is actually pretty good, I don't know what you are thinking.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,101

Post#11 » by tecumseh18 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:50 am

Boogie! wrote:he still has a lot of talent and i think a lot of his issues are mental

Correction: ALL of AB's issues are mental. And they come down to this: he's as dumb as a bag of hammers. He doesn't understand defence. He's been terrible and virtually unplayable for Team Canada. Unfortunately he had to play against France because Ejim was in foul trouble.

Bennett's lack of intelligence has always been evident (especially in his immediate post-draft interview, which was cringe-worthy for a Canadian to watch).
Kingsway_fan
RealGM
And1: 8,890

Post#12 » by Kingsway_fan » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:04 pm

RapsFor2nd wrote:Going to a team with the worst roster in the NBA, he will get minutes. Has to perform or he might not get another shot.

Indeed! Good spot for him. Hope he can make it there....
mad-man
Rookie
And1: 727

Post#13 » by mad-man » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:00 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:
Boogie! wrote:he still has a lot of talent and i think a lot of his issues are mental

Correction: ALL of AB's issues are mental. And they come down to this: he's as dumb as a bag of hammers. He doesn't understand defence. He's been terrible and virtually unplayable for Team Canada. Unfortunately he had to play against France because Ejim was in foul trouble.

Bennett's lack of intelligence has always been evident (especially in his immediate post-draft interview, which was cringe-worthy for a Canadian to watch).

It would be cringeworthy if we were desensitized with Demar and Ross
-Demar Derozan: "We haven't did nothing"
BackseatBoss
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,269

Post#14 » by BackseatBoss » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:12 pm

He should really just go to Europe instead. He'd be kinda a monster there. Like hell, Sonny Weems was a star there and a scrub when he came back in the league, Bennett would at least gain some confidence in himself instead of sitting on the benches for the rest of his career.
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,291

Post#15 » by Jstock12 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:47 pm

BackseatBoss wrote:He should really just go to Europe instead. He'd be kinda a monster there. Like hell, Sonny Weems was a star there and a scrub when he came back in the league, Bennett would at least gain some confidence in himself instead of sitting on the benches for the rest of his career.

Don't know man. In Europe you really need to have some bball IQ to fit in. He should probably just go to China - it's his best bet to raise his stock.
lolwut
General Manager
And1: 12,918

Post#16 » by lolwut » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:50 pm

"mutual interest"

Anybody that's unemployed would have "mutual interest" with a job opening.
2023-2024 FatherTrackerâ„¢ - baby raptors looking to be adopted by a warm, loving family man
Northface82
RealGM
And1: 59,711

Post#17 » by Northface82 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:54 pm

Nets are a bunch of sadistic masochists.
Dude wouldn't have even cracked the 76ers roster last season.
DellCurry4Life
Junior
And1: 211

Post#18 » by DellCurry4Life » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:21 pm

He should at least be in line for some minutes he signs with them. Be able to play through mistakes and put up some empty stats.

To date all he has shown is horrible bball iq and feel for the game. If he can consistently get his shot to drop, coupled with his dunks then he should be able to grab another couple of contracts but his complete lack of defensive & offensive awareness are things that he has shown zero improvement on.
Raptors-Son
Junior
And1: 138

Re: Re: Re: Scotto: Brooklyn Nets, Anthony Bennett have "mutual interest" 

Post#19 » by Raptors-Son » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:57 pm

Boogie! wrote:some team should just take a flyer on him and make him a focal part of their team... as in run the offence through him, allow him to make mistakes, actually give him a chance to show what he can do without the pressure. he still has a lot of talent and i think a lot of his issues are mental... its also possible he might just not be a good basketball player, but i don't think he's as bad as he's shown. his size and skill set are similar to paul mill sap's and mill sap is someone that would be a good fit on this team right now... idk why he can't put it together.

How many chances does a player need to get to prove that he's just not that good.
- He had a chance with Cleveland rookie year but injuries and other things held him back, okay I give him this one.
- He had a chance with Minnesota on a young team playing along side another fellow Canadian and didn't do anything.
- He had a chance with us last year, but he was too young and inexperienced. (Something that shouldnt be said about a #1 pick going into their 3rd season). He didn't set the world on fire with our d league team either.
- He's had a chance to prove himself with team Canada, but hasn't done much there.

At this point, as much as I want him to succeed and prove everyone wrong, it just seems like he doesn't have it.
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager
And1: 8,607

Post#20 » by TheGoodDoctor » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:05 pm

Good for AB! Wish him best of luck on a comeback.

We all know BKN just wants some intel on what we're doing ;)

As aside do they have their picks back yet or is BOS or someone getting another glorious pick because they're going to be top 3 again???

Return to Toronto Raptors