ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Greg Monroe & Rudy Gay on trading block.

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

dTox
RealGM
And1: 15,594

Re: OT: Greg Monroe & Rudy Gay on trading block. 

Post#61 » by dTox » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:20 pm

DreamTeam09 wrote:
dTox wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:
Back up 3 gets 12 minutes a game now? Ru playing Carroll for 36mins? Not to mention Rudy would get minutes at the PF spot. Come on man you're not even trying. We're not talking about gutting the roster here. Rudy for Ross would be a cakewalk for us.

Casey has many strengths, getting a player like Rudy gay to accept playing back up minutes to a player whom he feels he is better than (DMC) and a diminished offensive role is not one of them.

He could still get up 30 minutes playing the 3/4 here off bench. He would have the freedom of being a captain of the 2nd unit.

As for Lowry and Rudy together, I'm not madd at that. Just stagger Demar and Rudy together regardless. We have way too many weapons for that not to work. I'm just trying to improve our bench strength depth. Tross isn't scaring anyone when we make a sub.

Demar/Powell
Carroll / Rudy

That's a lot of firepower in a wing / guard league

The bolded part is still an issue, and is the main reason why this team tanked with Rudy Gay playing next to two ball dominant players. Can you think about a minute distribution plan where Rudy plays 30 minutes, while not playing next to Demar? And you also have to do this while having the mindset of coach Casey (not as yourself), who absolutely will play Lowry / Demar 35+ minutes on a nightly basis
TBZ for the win
0 - 100
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,449

Post#62 » by 0 - 100 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:24 pm

People wanting Gay back lol SMH
nbafan341
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,148

Post#63 » by nbafan341 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:31 pm

can monroe play pf?
Rapcity_11
RealGM
And1: 9,536

Post#64 » by Rapcity_11 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:32 pm

DreamTeam09 wrote:
dTox wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:
Back up 3 gets 12 minutes a game now? Ru playing Carroll for 36mins? Not to mention Rudy would get minutes at the PF spot. Come on man you're not even trying. We're not talking about gutting the roster here. Rudy for Ross would be a cakewalk for us.

Casey has many strengths, getting a player like Rudy gay to accept playing back up minutes to a player whom he feels he is better than (DMC) and a diminished offensive role is not one of them.

He could still get up 30 minutes playing the 3/4 here off bench. He would have the freedom of being a captain of the 2nd unit.

As for Lowry and Rudy together, I'm not madd at that. Just stagger Demar and Rudy together regardless. We have way too many weapons for that not to work. I'm just trying to improve our bench strength depth. Tross isn't scaring anyone when we make a sub.

Demar/Powell
Carroll / Rudy

So Gay and Lowry will play together. Ok.

It's like people can't remember all the way back to 2013 and 2014. We literally saw it not work.
nbafan341
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,148

Post#65 » by nbafan341 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:32 pm

Rudy woulsnt fit here, but I could see him as part of the PF in a small ball thing and if rudy plays off the ball and same with demar. this simply wont happen. im surprised how badly ppl want rudy and players like anir back. Were better off without either of em.
ManBeast
Junior
And1: 193

Post#66 » by ManBeast » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:33 pm

dTox wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:
dTox wrote:

Demar/Powell
Carroll / Rudy

The bolded part is still an issue, and is the main reason why this team tanked with Rudy Gay playing next to two ball dominant players. Can you think about a minute distribution plan where Rudy plays 30 minutes, while not playing next to Demar? And you also have to do this while having the mindset of coach Casey (not as yourself), who absolutely will play Lowry / Demar 35+ minutes on a nightly basis

If team is winning then it wont matter about who is getting the most shots up.

If Demar is such a team guy who already got his bloated contract he can take a backseat while rudy is out there (if needed)

We are a different team now, players have matured, coach has gotten better, things have changed and Rudy would make this team better.
ManBeast
Junior

Post#67 » by ManBeast » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:34 pm

Rapcity_11 wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:
dTox wrote:

Demar/Powell
Carroll / Rudy

So Gay and Lowry will play together. Ok.

It's like people can't remember all the way back to 2013 and 2014. We literally saw it not work.

Lowry and Gay work fine together.

Lowry and Demar work ok together.

Demar and Gay 3 years ago did not work at all. Demar was a really **** player then, but he now has improved a little bit. He will now pass the ball a bit.

Lowry is alot better
-TheDocOfDenial
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,179

Post#68 » by -TheDocOfDenial » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:38 pm

If Rudy is coming home that means DD has to be shipped out. No way he comes off the bench. As for the posters wanting Rudy back cmon man how do you wanna live through that nightmare TWICE? 5-22 shooting nights and banning of stat sheets. I pass.
Tokey41
Sophomore
And1: 72

Post#69 » by Tokey41 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:43 pm

I would have said yes to Monroe before our offseason. Monroes a better player, but I'm okay with motivated 1 year contract Sullinger instead.

I wouldn't say yes to Gay again in this lifetime. He makes his teammates worse, and that's all you need to know.
Grandia
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,547

Post#70 » by Grandia » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:43 pm

Rudy Gay has never played on a good team before...hhmmm I wonder why?
I hate pineapples.
HiMyNameIsTrey
General Manager
And1: 12,648

Post#71 » by HiMyNameIsTrey » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:44 pm

Gay for Derozan? Anyone?

:eyebrows:
dTox
RealGM

Post#72 » by dTox » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:48 pm

ManBeast wrote:
dTox wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:

Demar/Powell
Carroll / Rudy

If Demar is such a team guy who already got his bloated contract he can take a backseat while rudy is out there (if needed)

We are a different team now, players have matured, coach has gotten better, things have changed and Rudy would make this team better.

Memphis was winning when Gay was injured and made it to Western Conference finals, and it still didn't work when he came back the following year and resorted back to his usual play, which is why he was traded for 50 cents on the dollar. Lowry played better, but again, after one of Rudy and Demar was traded and he had the ball in his hands. Casey got better but the principles to his offence remain the same as it did 3 year ago. Demar's style of play remains the same as it did when he played next to Gay, he just got better at shooting the ball, but that doesn't mean he's suddenly become effective without the ball in his hands because he was never that type of player and neither is Gay.
TBZ for the win
ManBeast
Junior

Post#73 » by ManBeast » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:50 pm

dTox wrote:
ManBeast wrote:
dTox wrote:

Memphis was winning when Gay was injured and made it to Western Conference finals, and it still didn't work when he came back the following year and resorted back to his usual play, which is why he was traded for 50 cents on the dollar. Lowry played better, but again, after one of Rudy and Demar was traded and he had the ball in his hands. Casey got better but the principles to his offence remain the same as it did 3 year ago. Demar's style of play remains the same as it did when he played next to Gay, he just got better at shooting the ball, but that doesn't mean he's suddenly become effective without the ball in his hands because he was never that type of player and neither is Gay.

No they both have major flaws and holes in their games.

But Rudy is a good asset, if you can get him for 50 cents to the dollar then you have to do it.
Sakkreth
Starter
And1: 3,404

Post#74 » by Sakkreth » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:50 pm

Rudy Gay is the opposite of what this team needs.
dTox
RealGM

Post#75 » by dTox » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:52 pm

ManBeast wrote:
dTox wrote:
ManBeast wrote:

But Rudy is a good asset, if you can get him for 50 cents to the dollar then you have to do it.

I give up, you just don't get it.
TBZ for the win
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,572

Post#76 » by DreamTeam09 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:55 pm

What's our record with Rudy gay, and do you think it didn't work because of the inefficiency or the lack of depth we had at the time?

In Raptor Ball I Trust
Jonas DeRoss
RealGM
And1: 102,548

Post#77 » by Jonas DeRoss » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:57 pm

i'll take rudy only if it comes with the 20 pounds of muscle
jeffya2
Veteran
And1: 2,982

Post#78 » by jeffya2 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:58 pm

UcanUwill wrote:
Risk101 wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:If Ross + Wright gets us Rudy gay I'd probably swing that. Give him a trade kicker if he picks up his option. Rudy gay on the bench for this team would be interesting

It's the Kings. Send them Bruno for Gay and a 1st round pick and wait for 10 missed calls.

Bruno rocks

HA HA I think you meant Bruno is as DUMB as a rock
ManBeast
Junior

Post#79 » by ManBeast » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:59 pm

Grandia wrote:Rudy Gay has never played on a good team before...hhmmm I wonder why?

Well, he isnt a good fit for a front court heavy team (Although when he was in Memphis he did play quite well 19.5, 6, 2, 1 over 4 years) he needs the ball in his hands.

Playing with Demar in a "my turn my turn battle" doesnt allow for good basketball.

Does anyone play good in Sacramento?

he is a career 45% fg% Only time he did considerable below that was here, during the start of his first full season. When he was traded he hw shot 42.5% from the floor. career 34% from three.

compare that to demar, who thanks to a bloated first season average is a 44% fg% and a career 28% shooter from three.

Demars best assist% season was 20.8, last season Rudy was 19%

Rudy is a solid player and is an obvious upgrade over Ross. He would be coming into a damn good situation that he could completely revive his career at. 6th man of the year type of stuff. Multiple positions and possible push team into the upper echelon.
ManBeast
Junior

Post#80 » by ManBeast » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:01 pm

dTox wrote:
ManBeast wrote:
dTox wrote:

I give up, you just don't get it.

I do get it, you think that Rudy is a big cancer, whose mere presence on a team lowers their win count and leads team to a complete dismantling. That Ross is a better player than him because he doesnt have this parasitic impact on a team jsut by wearing the jersey.

You do not see that a skilled player, after getting some big wakeup calls and being in the hell hole of Sacramento would most likely be willing to adapt who he is as a player and be a part of something bigger and better.

Return to Toronto Raptors