ImageImageImageImageImage

Very OT: "Impeach Buss" Kickstarter Campaign

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

LiSTWithLani
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,151

Very OT: "Impeach Buss" Kickstarter Campaign 

Post#1 » by LiSTWithLani » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:05 pm

Some funny fan started a campaign to sell Tshirts.

Our franchise has certainly come a long way, from the depths of the NBA to a young team that is perennially in the playoffs and pursuing more.

I do not miss these days, but it is good for a laugh!

source
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1360198373/impeach-buss-bring-championship-basketball-back-to
Lord Eder
General Manager
And1: 16,625

Re: Very OT: "Impeach Buss" Kickstarter Campaign 

Post#2 » by Lord Eder » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:04 pm

"Jerome Moiso with 2 rebounds and a steal.... Put him in the hall of fame!"
- Chuck Swirsky
EnterpriseSol
Junior
And1: 656

Post#3 » by EnterpriseSol » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:36 pm

Funny how you say good ol' days, but the MU/TL era only began 3 years ago this summer.
Since July 2004, the only bright spot was 06-08.
Lord Eder
General Manager
And1: 16,625

Post#4 » by Lord Eder » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:02 pm

EnterpriseSol wrote:

Funny how you say good ol' days, but the MU/TL era only began 3 years ago this summer.

Well that's the point isn't it? The difference, actual respectable staff and front office can make on a franchise. That Peddie mess was absolute rock bottom for this franchise, and the backlash from the Lakers fans towards Buss is similar. We can relate as a fan base. Raps were a laughing stock at that point, we just didn't have the prestigious Lakers pedigree to fall from.

And say what you will but those 06-08 teams were huge in restoring SOME credibility to the franchise. Having someone established at the time like Bryan Colangelo want to come in and right this ship was huge at that time. Executive of the year, coach of the year, etc. After the **** storm that preceded was vital in repairing some of the perception and the relationship with the fans. It's why so many people bought into Colangelo and thought he was God. Admittedly it was all a sham as is evidenced by the inevitable failure of the Colangelo era, but it was better than continuing on the original course and IMO opened the door for someone like Leiweke and Ujiri to come in and take it even a bit more seriously.

It's all step by step, but step number one is always identifying the main problem and dealing with it. The next step isn't always going to be immediate long term success and stability. But you gotta dig out of that hole some how, and that's hard to do when some clown at the top keeps kicking dirt down.
"Jerome Moiso with 2 rebounds and a steal.... Put him in the hall of fame!"
- Chuck Swirsky
Birth of the Cool
Analyst
And1: 1,450

Post#5 » by Birth of the Cool » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:24 pm

stro wrote:
EnterpriseSol wrote:

Well that's the point isn't it? The difference, actual respectable staff and front office can make on a franchise. That Peddie mess was absolute rock bottom for this franchise, and the backlash from the Lakers fans towards Buss is similar. We can relate as a fan base. Raps were a laughing stock at that point, we just didn't have the prestigious Lakers pedigree to fall from.

And say what you will but those 06-08 teams were huge in restoring SOME credibility to the franchise. Having someone established at the time like Bryan Colangelo want to come in and right this ship was huge at that time. Executive of the year, coach of the year, etc. After the **** storm that preceded was vital in repairing some of the perception and the relationship with the fans. It's why so many people bought into Colangelo and thought he was God. Admittedly it was all a sham as is evidenced by the inevitable failure of the Colangelo era, but it was better than continuing on the original course and IMO opened the door for someone like Leiweke and Ujiri to come in and take it even a bit more seriously.

It's all step by step, but step number one is always identifying the main problem and dealing with it. The next step isn't always going to be immediate long term success and stability. But you gotta dig out of that hole some how, and that's hard to do when some clown at the top keeps kicking dirt down.

Definitely agree. Imagine this management team running the show during T-Mac / Vince era. Instead of the debacle that came from such a promising nucleus we would be talking about perennial championship contenders. It was exactly management that soured both those guys to the team. I also agree that Colangelo with all his faults was the first step to building a reputable franchise, before him and since the beginning of the franchise there was a dark cloud of uncertainty and mismanagement and drama that surrounded the organization (from the very beginning with the ownership power struggles that led to our first "star" in Damon leaving Toronto).
agentzero2010
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,686

Post#6 » by agentzero2010 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:26 pm

Its one thing to tank for a high lottery pick in LA with 16 banners hanging from the rafters. Its another to dish out 18 million per year to Loul Deng and 16 million a year to Mozgov during a free agency where every team had a shot at a big name free agent. The Lakers are probably going to suck for 2 more years and I don't think any free agent superstars would want to join a rebuilding team when they have the opportunity to join contenders or near contenders. The only way for Jim buss to redeem himself is if Ingram, Russell, Randle develop into stars or they manage to land a transformational talent in next year's draft. If these young Lakers develop into a contending team and go on to dominate for another decade, no one will remember these last 3 seasons. But thats a pretty big if.
Dr Octagon
RealGM
And1: 54,612

Post#7 » by Dr Octagon » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:27 pm

Waiting for "Impeach MLSE" Kickstarter.
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,451

Post#8 » by mtcan » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:02 pm

Raptors fans need to start a Patreon to bring Tim Leiweke back. Fans can contribute to getting him a bigger bonus or to pay for an extra vacation to somewhere warm once a month.
Patman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,410

Post#9 » by Patman » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:53 pm

mtcan wrote:Raptors fans need to start a Patreon to bring Tim Leiweke back. Fans can contribute to getting him a bigger bonus or to pay for an extra vacation to somewhere warm once a month.

Haha. Can he not just work remotely? It's 2016, people, figure it out. He can live in Toronto the 4 months that we have nice weather (also coincides nicely with NBA/NHL offseason), and LA the rest of the year.
LiSTWithLani
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,151

Post#10 » by LiSTWithLani » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:18 am

mtcan wrote:Raptors fans need to start a Patreon to bring Tim Leiweke back. Fans can contribute to getting him a bigger bonus or to pay for an extra vacation to somewhere warm once a month.

I would throw $10 in the pot!
RIP Kobe
Analyst
And1: 4,505

Post#11 » by RIP Kobe » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:40 pm

They'll be sued for using that design by the NBA.
Blood Orange
Sixth Man
And1: 2,795

Post#12 » by Blood Orange » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:49 pm

Nah, I don't mind the Lakers sucking for another 10 years.
teamLeiweke
Head Coach
And1: 5,019

Post#13 » by teamLeiweke » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:04 pm

"We should have tanked tho."
MavCarter
RealGM
And1: 30,987

Post#14 » by MavCarter » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:26 pm

teamLeiweke wrote:"We should have tanked tho."

They have a pretty talented young core already, i don't think this is a great example lol
#Enjoytheride
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,512

Post#15 » by OakleyDokely » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:16 pm

Back of the Buss
Back off Buss
Wheels on the Buss don't go swish, swish, swish
Stop the Buss

The slogan opportunities are endless.
teamLeiweke
Head Coach

Post#16 » by teamLeiweke » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:43 pm

McGregFan wrote:

They have a pretty talented young core already, i don't think this is a great example lol

Let me know when they finish 2nd seed and make the WCF.

Thanks.
RapsFor2nd
Junior
And1: 165

Post#17 » by RapsFor2nd » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:59 pm

teamLeiweke wrote:
McGregFan wrote:

Thanks.

Ya I'm sure the Lakers are worried about our 2nd seed finish with how many championships they have

Our treadmill is obvi moving good rn, but the lakers have two players in ingram and Russell that have the potential to be better than anyone on our team. You add in Randle and they'll be better than us within 5 year and many years beyond that....
MavCarter
RealGM

Post#18 » by MavCarter » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:03 pm

RapsFor2nd wrote:
teamLeiweke wrote:
McGregFan wrote:

Thanks.

Ya I'm sure the Lakers are worried about our 2nd seed finish with how many championships they have

Our treadmill is obvi moving good rn, but the lakers have two players in ingram and Russell that have the potential to be better than anyone on our team. You add in Randle and they'll be better than us within 5 year and many years beyond that....

I love how people always list the absolute best scenario. Russell/Ingram could very well turn out to be above avg starters and the lakers could end up being 1st round/2nd round exits for years to come and by your definition a "treadmill" team. It could go any way
#Enjoytheride
MavCarter
RealGM

Post#19 » by MavCarter » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:10 pm

2013-Fight for 8th seed, finish 9th. "Treadmill!!"

2016- Finish with 56 wins, 2nd seed, ECF. "Treadmill!!"

Outside of GS and CLE i guess everyone is on the treadmill
#Enjoytheride
teamLeiweke
Head Coach

Post#20 » by teamLeiweke » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:34 pm

RapsFor2nd wrote:
teamLeiweke wrote:
McGregFan wrote:

Thanks.

I'll wait on that...

They also could be a perennial 5th seed team for years to come.

And Bargnani had the potential to be the next Dirk.

Return to Toronto Raptors