ImageImageImageImageImage

Pelton (insider): Projected records and standings

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Throwback24
RealGM
And1: 41,651

Re: Pelton (insider): Projected records and standings 

Post#81 » by Throwback24 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:29 pm

TerryTate wrote:
OAKLEY_2 wrote:
Scase wrote:IIRC Carroll was bullied by LBJ was he not?

Was like 60% was he not?

Realistically, who didn't LBJ bully in the playoffs..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

lol I vividly recall seeing JJ bully Carroll until Casey was forced to let James Johnson out of the dog house. And we all know it takes special circumstances to be giving JJ PT in the playoffs.
Remember when’ is the lowest form of conversation.
mrdressup
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,264

Post#82 » by mrdressup » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:35 pm

Last year's surprise was based in Biyombo's unexpected defensive contribution on top of Scola's very torrid offensive start. Without similar events we' re not surprising anyone on the plus side.

Cleveland should win more than 52 easily. We could easily drop to just a playoff earning record with one key injury. I honestly think we are more likely to surprise on the downside.
We' re a very young team now. I can't see us repeating what we did with a bench of seasoned veterans/performers. We' re going to have growing pains, and we have to integrate new pieces=less continuity.
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#83 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:53 pm

mrdressup wrote:Last year's surprise was based in Biyombo's unexpected defensive contribution on top of Scola's very torrid offensive start. Without similar events we' re not surprising anyone on the plus side.

Cleveland should win more than 52 easily. We could easily drop to just a playoff earning record with one key injury. I honestly think we are more likely to surprise on the downside.
We' re a very young team now. I can't see us repeating what we did with a bench of seasoned veterans/performers. We' re going to have growing pains, and we have to integrate new pieces=less continuity.

I'm concerned that while we seem to be a young team, we won't actually use them. They will play in the 905 - or just sit on the bench as last resorts. I don't even see Powell getting the minutes he got last year, if Ross is still here and Powell is healthy, I think a some of or picks, should have been trades that weren't made, and are only around because they have guaranteed deals, not because the represent future potential or the ability to help in some way, I see Sully Pat and JV being leaned on as the big rotation, if they can stay healthy, with Sully playing the role of Scola and Biz. I thing as long as health allows, Casey will ride Kyle, DD, Caroll, JV, Pat, Sully, Cojo and Ross heavy with some light Powell. That's a 9 man rotation - I don't see us blowing out competition- and being able to give our main guys 4th quarters off, or even doing real minute management, as we'll be in tough to hold our position. I think, in light of this unwillingness to risk losses, coupled with a lot of young guys we won't use, could lead to some more injuries. I mean I think you can count on that for Carroll which is fine, because I don't think his absence hurt us much, if anything it will open up minutes for Powell again. Jonas's absence didn't hurt us too much either, from what I recall but then we had Biz, and now we don't.

Actually for Stat guys, I'd love to see a breakdown of how we did with and without our highest paid guys, DD JV and Carroll, and see in the last two years where they've all missed large chunks of time, what impacts were to our quality of play.
agentzero2010
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,686

Post#84 » by agentzero2010 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:15 pm

I don't understand the hype surrounding the Celtics. They added Horford and Jaylen Brown but lost Turner and Sullinger, both very productive role players. They still have a lot of players that have yet to reach their full potential such as Marcus Smart and they still have a lot of valuable assets that they could use in a block buster trade. However, until then, they still don't have to go to scorer and I'm not sure if you can rely on a 5'9 player to carry your team.

As for the raptors; they lost Biyombo and JJ but added Sullinger, Poeltl and Siakam and they have a ton of high potential players waiting in the wings such as Powell, Ross, Wright, Bruno, and to some degree JV. They also have 2 proven go-to-scorers and they were only 1 win away from securing the top seed in the east and now they are projected to finish behind the Celtics?
agentzero2010
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,686

Post#85 » by agentzero2010 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:21 pm

mrdressup wrote:We could easily drop to just a playoff earning record with one key injury. I honestly think we are more likely to surprise on the downside.

JV missed 22 games last season, Carroll only played 26 games and Scola was completely broken for the second half of last season, its not like they haven't played with key injuries. If, and I hope this never happens, if DeMar were to miss some games, we have Powell and Ross who are very capable players, if Lowry misses some times, we have Corey and Delon who could hold down the fort for a while. But honestly, the same could be said for any team in the league regarding key injuries.
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#86 » by Scase » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:31 pm

OAKLEY_2 wrote:
Scase wrote:
Throwback24 wrote:
lol please stop guys. Just no. Too small? What is Carroll?

IIRC Carroll was bullied by LBJ was he not?

Was like 60% was he not?

This was the ECF, you man up. If DD can play with a god damn shoelace on his thumb, DC can nut up.
Props TZ!
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,836

Post#87 » by Duffman100 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:52 pm

0 - 100 wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:
0 - 100 wrote:
Yes, eye test over metrics. All day. Eye test and simple stats are enough.
I wouldn't. And I certainly don't think Horford allows BOS to seperate themselves from teams not named Cle in the East.

But what about eye test is overruled by bias?

Not sure what this means.

Sorry, English (my first language) clearly left me at some point.

What about when eye test is overruled by bias? As in, when you start watching a player for only his pros/faults. Aka, the JV divide this board has.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,889

Post#88 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:06 am

Scase wrote:
OAKLEY_2 wrote:
Scase wrote:IIRC Carroll was bullied by LBJ was he not?

Was like 60% was he not?

This was the ECF, you man up. If DD can play with a god damn shoelace on his thumb, DC can nut up.

Yes Mr. T I'll make sure and tell Rocky.
LJKO
RealGM
And1: 16,356

Post#89 » by LJKO » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:19 am

I would of been like i'm scared of Boston if they had pick Chris Dunn with the 3rd pick but Brown over Dunn i'm not scare of them one bit lmao; Boston F up good ^_^
RealGM
And1: 66,481

Post#90 » by 720 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:06 am

Barring any injuries raptors are winning 60 games this season.

Return to Toronto Raptors