ImageImageImageImageImage

WOJ BOMB: MAGIC TRADING IBAKA TO RAPTORS

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Re: WOJ BOMB: MAGIC TRADING IBAKA TO RAPTORS 

Post#1101 » by Scott Hall » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:02 pm

Read on Twitter
dTox
RealGM
And1: 15,600

Post#1102 » by dTox » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:15 pm

TBZ for the win
Sherlock
General Manager
And1: 12,706

Post#1103 » by Sherlock » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:18 pm

gp2015 wrote:
Sherlock wrote:
Knrstz wrote:
Yea and he can't hit anything for us this year. Maybe he needs a change in scenery.

Can we have Roberson too?

You can have Carroll.

No, don't want Roberson. Every time Durant sees his face, he goes absolutely off trying to embarrass him for his trash talking. That's the last thing we need.

We've already played GS twice this year. If we somehow end up playing GS again this season this year will have been a huge success and I'm totally fine even if Durant goes off game after game.
Interviewer: Championship #2?
Ujiri: Hey...We're gonna get it. I don't know when it'll be, but we're gonna get it. Just like I said we'll get the first one and I said I didn't know when we'd get it...But we will. Guarantee you we will.
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Post#1104 » by RaptorsLife » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:27 pm

Masai looks so tired lol
Raptors til death
SpiderMunn
Starter
And1: 5,506

Post#1105 » by SpiderMunn » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:30 pm

super_balls
Starter
And1: 1,837

Post#1106 » by super_balls » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:31 pm

RaptorsLife wrote:Masai looks so tired lol

Hopefully from still working on that follow up deal.
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Post#1107 » by RaptorsLife » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:35 pm

super_balls wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:Masai looks so tired lol

Hopefully from still working on that follow up deal.

There is a 8 day break until the deadline whoever else we get won't play today anyways next game in 9 days lol He can take his time the next 8 days
Raptors til death
StopitLeo
RealGM
And1: 6,606

Post#1108 » by StopitLeo » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:36 pm

SpiderMunn wrote:

That panel was right on.

Gotta move JV for the reasons they mentioned about bigs needing to be able to guard in space.
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#1109 » by Scott Hall » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:36 pm

Read on Twitter
Leonardoh
Junior
And1: 273

Re: RE: Re: WOJ BOMB: MAGIC TRADING IBAKA TO RAPTORS 

Post#1110 » by Leonardoh » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:44 pm

VinBaker6 wrote:
Leonardoh wrote:
B00Yah wrote:
Thanks for the insight and perspective. That's really reassuring, especially since we don't have anybody close in talent and tenacity to Adams (one of my favorite bigs).

This is actually untrue. His USG rate in his final season in OKC was 17.6%, which was similar to his 3 best seasons there: 15.7%, 18.1%, and 19.8%.

What did happen, however, was a decrease in opportunities in the paint, and a reallocation of his shots to the three. This coincides with his downtick in scoring.

More concerning than anything is his decline on defence. His rim protection is not what it used to be, and most of his defensive metrics have dipped in recent years.

He was elite defensively in the playoffs, specifically against Warriors. Him and Durant were impossible to score on. He has another gear. He's defending the rim at a meh rate (JV percentages) but just last year he protected the rim at a 44% FG against rate. Hopefully we get closer to that. I think he's best defensively as a C.

Yeah. He's actually been very very strong this year in the PnR, and will absolutely help us on that end.

I don't usually like using small sample sizes like a playoff series to make overarching statements about players' abilities, but I do think you have a point. From what I've observed, Ibaka as the 5 is a far better player on both ends than Ibaka as the 4.
Red_Claw
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,646

Post#1111 » by Red_Claw » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:56 pm

StopitLeo wrote:
SpiderMunn wrote:

That panel was right on.

Gotta move JV for the reasons they mentioned about bigs needing to be able to guard in space.

Just to be clear, they never mentioned anything about moving JV for those reasons.

I do agree with the panel though, Webber especially. This Derozan heavy offence will not succeed in playoffs but you know what does? JV
Sherlock
General Manager

Post#1112 » by Sherlock » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:07 pm

RapsFanInOhio wrote:
Potential wrote:Time to trade 2 picks and Cojo and Siakam and Sullinger and Carroll for Melo

Not going to lie, this has crossed my mind today. I mean, Lowry/DD/Melo/Ibaka/JV is a legitimate contender.

Think of the defense!!!

Won't somebody please think of the defense?!?!?
Ujiri: Hey...We're gonna get it. I don't know when it'll be, but we're gonna get it. Just like I said we'll get the first one and I said I didn't know when we'd get it...But we will. Guarantee you we will.
Red_Claw
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,646

Post#1113 » by Red_Claw » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:10 pm

Sherlock wrote:
RapsFanInOhio wrote:
Potential wrote:Time to trade 2 picks and Cojo and Siakam and Sullinger and Carroll for Melo

Not going to lie, this has crossed my mind today. I mean, Lowry/DD/Melo/Ibaka/JV is a legitimate contender.

Think of the defense!!!

Won't somebody please think of the defense?!?!?

Defense AND Offence! Remember how bad we were just before trading away Rudy. Carmelo is Rudy x10.
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,039

Post#1114 » by ontnut » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:15 pm

Mack11 wrote:
ontnut wrote:
Mack11 wrote:is he still dating keri hilson? thats another plus to this trade if so

https://bossip.com/1376394/poor-thang-keri-hilson-finally-confirms-split-with-girthy-grey-sweatpants-baller-serge-ibaka/

damn keri hilson just said she thought he was something else.. WOW horrible trade masai.. couldnt see this swindler for who he is. Not good character at all

Reneg now! Reneg!!!
ontnut
RealGM

Post#1115 » by ontnut » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:16 pm

artsncrafts wrote:
ontnut wrote:
Mack11 wrote:is he still dating keri hilson? thats another plus to this trade if so

https://bossip.com/1376394/poor-thang-keri-hilson-finally-confirms-split-with-girthy-grey-sweatpants-baller-serge-ibaka/

:lol: I didnt even click the link, just read that URL

Pretty much sums it all up :lol:

New nickname:
Serge "girthy grey sweatpants" Ibaka
Wraps_fan
Analyst
And1: 5,735

Post#1116 » by Wraps_fan » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:18 pm

Can people stop bringing up Melo it's getting ridiculous. Hell, just stop bringing up offensive SFs in general.

Lowry/DD/Ibaka/JV are all more efficient scorers, what purpose does having an offensive minded SF bring? Carroll is a perfect fit at SF in the starting line-up we have, we just need him to hit his 3s.

Lowry/DeRozan/Carroll/Ibaka/JV is a very good starting 5 that fits. Starting SF is not the issue, the issue is our back-up PG, lack of a big back-up SF, and our back-up C position leaves some to be desired
Sherlock
General Manager

Post#1117 » by Sherlock » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:23 pm

Wraps_fan wrote:
Geddy wrote:Quick jersey swap :uhoh:

Took me a while to notice the Raptors logo on his shirt, something else was grabbing my attention

I totally understand why women get annoyed when men objectify women...

...but when the opposite situation occurs, personally, I just find it amusing and funny :lol: :lol:
StopitLeo
RealGM
And1: 6,606

Post#1118 » by StopitLeo » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:37 pm

Red_Claw wrote:
StopitLeo wrote:
SpiderMunn wrote:

That panel was right on.

Just to be clear, they never mentioned anything about moving JV for those reasons.

I do agree with the panel though, Webber especially. This Derozan heavy offence will not succeed in playoffs but you know what does? JV

They didn't mention JV but he is the exact opposite of what they describe defensively.

JV might be effective offensively in the playoffs because of the old school pound it inside approach. However, he is too much of a defensive weak link against the smaller lineups that teams are playing more and more.
And1Skip
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,747

Post#1119 » by And1Skip » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:49 pm

Red_Claw wrote:
StopitLeo wrote:
SpiderMunn wrote:

That panel was right on.

And its all about matchups. Bigs need to be able to guard in space because of (1) small ball and (2) stretch 4's and 5's

Let's look at possible first round matchups that JV is still needed:
- Wizards - Gortat
- Atlanta - Howard
- Indiana - Turner or Seraphin (OK here is where Indiana can exploit - BUT, JV exploited them on D last year so that should be the strategy)
- Chicago - Lopez
- Detroit - Drummond

So no matter what, JV is needed both on D and O in the playoffs..mainly because of his O. Then in the 4th quarter when teams wanna go small, Raptors put their death lineup on with Ibaka, PPat, Powell, DD, Lowry. Could this lineup matchup vs Cavs (Frye, LeBron) or Warriors (Green, Durant). Maybe not enough..but its a lot better than before.

Last year we Raps could go to Biz and PPat at the end of games but Biz was a bad FT shooter and its like playing 4 on 5 on Offence (so JV would be subbed in a lot for Offence only). In prior years, PPat and Amir closed out games which was very effective. With Ibaka, we have a way better version of PPat/Amir combo now to go to.
ontnut
RealGM

Post#1120 » by ontnut » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:06 pm

Walid wrote:Not a fan of this trade at all. Big fan of Terrence Ross and did not want to lose a first round pick, which is very valuable when developing and adding assets as a borderline pretender. Are you happy Raptors fans, making a trade for the sake of making a trade?

lol wut?
The first round pick was used to add assets...what are you even talking about? You really want another 20th+ pick, for what?

Return to Toronto Raptors