ImageImageImageImageImage

Do you want to trade Derozan?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Do you want to trade Derozan

Yes
45%
No
55%

Total votes: 300

BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,733

Re: Do you want to trade Derozan? 

Post#181 » by BoyzNTheHood » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:25 pm

I voted no because of what it says about our team. To show such a lack of loyalty to one of the most loved guys in the league, while being in siberia to muricans would screw us in the future. However, I've always thought that we should deal him for a guy like Jrue Holiday. A play making guard who can play the 2 in the modern NBA and defend at a much higher level. However, he's an expiring now so I'd ask for Jrue plus a couple of firsts (top-10's).
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
fouronesix22
Veteran
And1: 3,548

Post#182 » by fouronesix22 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:26 pm

No we should not trade Derozan. We need a new coach that can check his ego once in a while. A coach that can run a nice play for anybody on the team to score not just Lowry and Derozan. He played under Casey for basically his whole career lets see how he plays under a new system maybe this new coach can teach some defense but also make him accountable when he plays like doo doo
bballsparkin
RealGM
And1: 7,497

Post#183 » by bballsparkin » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:42 pm

Everyone is up for grabs if the price is right. DeRozan has the right to perform in the playoffs first though.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,889

Post#184 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:03 pm

We just signed him long term. Isn't the evaluation sort of complete? He is a capable distributor but under Nurse might be allowed to dominate the ball a bit too much. I liked that he sat out the most recent game. He may have looked p-off but he gets that if he suks he can ride the bench like anyone else.
neurotik
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,864

Post#185 » by neurotik » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:07 pm

How do people think we can re-sign Kyle if DeMar is traded for anything other than an upgrade that's a first option on the offensive end. If Derozan is traded for picks/prospects and role players than Lowry is almost certainly bolting to sign for a team that can compete as opposed to a team that is retooling. Masai knows this which is why DD isn't going anywhere.
(1 of 10)
mrdressup
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,264

Post#186 » by mrdressup » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:07 am

umirin wrote:An they said hilary had a 99% chance of winning too :lol:

That's not what they said. One very reliable source said 91% of scenarios they examined had Her winning. Unfortunately, a scenario that was on the fringe occurred (demographic turnouts were not anywhere near past turnouts). People just don't understand polling results. The polling was very accurate. For the turnout that occurred it correctly predicted a Trump victory. The thing is that you never really know what turnout scenario will materialize to affect the demographic weighing.
VanWest82
RealGM
And1: 17,741

Post#187 » by VanWest82 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:39 am

I don't want to lose Lowry in FA...so No.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,437

Re: RE: Re: Do you want to trade Derozan? 

Post#188 » by Raps in 4 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:12 am

slothrop8 wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:
WCCC wrote:
We already have Calderon type loser, his name is Derozan. Been a loser since he got here. He did nothing before we increased Lowry's role and started winning. Every year since then we do better or just as well when he's not playing with low level role players taking his minutes.

Yeah and he did everything in his power to prevent us from getting there. Notice when he sucked we were able to win the series. When he "plays well", we get blown out by more than Detroit/Atlanta did in 4 games. He's a low impact player. His mediocre offense will never propel him past his weak defense. When he goes 30+ PPG on 58+ TS% or doesn't jack up dumb shots and makes high level passes, that's when he makes a positive contribution. But for every impactful game he has four neutral games and one bad one.

Kobe and Wade can also run an offense, play better defense and have much higher IQ's (even though Kobe also made bad decisions). There are plenty of guys who can jack up shots and score points and not have bad efficiency. Check out Kevin Martin, Rudy Gay, Lou Williams, Carmelo, etc. Should we compare TS% and say they're comparable to Wade and Kobe?

I never compared Demar to Kobe or Wade. I simply showed that a low TS% does not automatically equal a bad player.

Right, but they didn't have low TS% - at least not when they were good. At the end of their careers when they did have a low TS% - they were no longer very good.

Kobe TS% during each of his championship seasons:

54.6%
55.2%
55%
56.1%
54.8%

Wade was higher with:

57.7%
55.9%
57.1%
slothrop8
Head Coach
And1: 7,278

Post#189 » by slothrop8 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:03 am

Raps in 4 wrote:
slothrop8 wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:I never compared Demar to Kobe or Wade. I simply showed that a low TS% does not automatically equal a bad player.

Right, but they didn't have low TS% - at least not when they were good. At the end of their careers when they did have a low TS% - they were no longer very good.

54.6%
55.2%
55%
56.1%
54.8%

Wade was higher with:

57.7%
55.9%
57.1%

I like that - that's a good counter point. Those TS% are all better in the era that they were accomplished, much better than Demar is faring compared to this seasons offensive environment, But does show you can win titles with a number #1 or number#2 volume option who doesn't put up huge TS% numbers -as some of those are good, but certainly not phenomenal in their era.
Patman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,410

Post#190 » by Patman » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:36 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:
slothrop8 wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:I never compared Demar to Kobe or Wade. I simply showed that a low TS% does not automatically equal a bad player.

54.6%
55.2%
55%
56.1%
54.8%

Wade was higher with:

57.7%
55.9%
57.1%

If we had Shaq and Kobe in their 3-peat days, I'm positive that this board would have wanted Kobe traded for 3&D players so that we could just give the ball to Shaq and run a 4-out offense. As great as Shaq is, he's always needed a superstar guard to get to the Finals (Penny, Kobe, Wade).
And1+2
Head Coach
And1: 10,410

Post#191 » by And1+2 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:17 pm

No is winning? Our fan base is more delusional than I first thought.
Tracymcgoaty
RealGM
And1: 16,234

Post#192 » by Tracymcgoaty » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:20 pm

Since you guys want Derozan of this team so much here is a trade for ya.

Justin holiday,Kuzminskas for Derozan how bout it?? seems like we'd be doing you all a favour with all the hate for the guy!
Raul
“The other day I saw one of his games. He was running with the ball at a hundred per cent full speed, I don’t know how many touches he took, maybe five or six, but the ball was glued to his foot. It’s practically impossible.”
CANsportsguru
Pro Prospect
And1: 522

Post#193 » by CANsportsguru » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:00 am

Derozan isn't going anywhere atleast for awhile. We just re-signed him. He's loyal to this team in a way we haven't seen before.
raptorstime
RealGM
And1: 43,291

Post#194 » by raptorstime » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:06 am

Why would we trade demar... that would mean lowry pretty much is gone.
Lateral Quicks
RealGM
And1: 16,411

Post#195 » by Lateral Quicks » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:11 am

neurotik wrote:How do people think we can re-sign Kyle if DeMar is traded for anything other than an upgrade that's a first option on the offensive end. If Derozan is traded for picks/prospects and role players than Lowry is almost certainly bolting to sign for a team that can compete as opposed to a team that is retooling. Masai knows this which is why DD isn't going anywhere.

Agreed. That's why he'd never be traded unless it were another great player coming in. DD + JV + tertiary pieces could net someone really, really good.
Nick Nurse recounting his first meeting with Kawhi:
“We could have gone forever. (Raptors management) kept knocking on the door and I was like, ‘A couple more minutes.’ Because we were really into it."
bon
General Manager
And1: 13,395

Post#196 » by bon » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:13 am

Tracymcgoaty wrote:Since you guys want Derozan of this team so much here is a trade for ya.

Justin holiday,Kuzminskas for Derozan how bout it?? seems like we'd be doing you all a favour with all the hate for the guy!

Who's hating? Thinking up trade scenarios are how we show affection 'round here
Courtside
RealGM
And1: 12,380

Post#197 » by Courtside » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:16 am

Patman wrote:If we had Shaq and Kobe in their 3-peat days, I'm positive that this board would have wanted Kobe traded for 3&D players so that we could just give the ball to Shaq and run a 4-out offense. As great as Shaq is, he's always needed a superstar guard to get to the Finals (Penny, Kobe, Wade).

During the Shaq era, those 3 guards basically needed Shaq to get to the finals more than he needed them. He would have carried any good guard to the finals, much like Lebron will carry any decent PG along with him too. He was more dominant during those finals appearances than any of those 3 were.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,165

Post#198 » by YogurtProducer » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:19 am

Courtside wrote:
Patman wrote:If we had Shaq and Kobe in their 3-peat days, I'm positive that this board would have wanted Kobe traded for 3&D players so that we could just give the ball to Shaq and run a 4-out offense. As great as Shaq is, he's always needed a superstar guard to get to the Finals (Penny, Kobe, Wade).

During the Shaq era, those 3 guards basically needed Shaq to get to the finals more than he needed them. He would have carried any good guard to the finals, much like Lebron will carry any decent PG along with him too. He was more dominant during those finals appearances than any of those 3 were.

Yeah it's crazy to suggest otherwise
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
Patman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,410

Post#199 » by Patman » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:37 am

YogurtProducer wrote:
Courtside wrote:

Yeah it's crazy to suggest otherwise

I never said those guys were better than Shaq. Jordan needed Pippen. Pippen is not better than Jordan.

Return to Toronto Raptors