ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Draymond Green Trash Talkin Pierce

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

visionquest
Starter
And1: 2,378

Re: OT: Draymond Green Trash Talkin Pierce 

Post#61 » by visionquest » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:23 am

Pierce is the truth and Green is stranger than fiction.
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,038

Post#62 » by ontnut » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:17 pm

triple_threat wrote:
ontnut wrote:
triple_threat wrote:
and i think we can all agree that Pierce and green are on two different levels, ESPECIALLY as core pieces.

Well yeah, Green is a core piece now and Pierce isn't? Right? lol

Green is a complementary piece. and an elite one. Think dennis rodman with much worse rebeoudnig but better playmaking. Pierece is the whole package and on that note, just a much better `core piece`. its just much easier to build around a guy that can scording 25-30, create for others, and defend on the otehr than a player in the mold of draymond green. I would love to see draymond take Antoine walker to a conference finals.

Yes obviously prime Pierce is better than Green. I don't think anyone is arguing that. But Pierce over the last ~3 years has just become a ring chaser with kind of a crappy holier than thou attitude, a bench player with horrible stats. He should've just retired after Brooklyn, but now we've seen 3 really crap years from old man Pierce, and to see him talk smack when he can barely play is kind of ridiculous. Kobe played a year or two too long, but at least he still had some sort of stats to back it up, and stayed with his team, didn't go ring chasing. That earns him much more respect than Pierce (along with the 5 vs 1 rings obviously). Which I assume is what Green was getting at when he said they don't ove Pierce the same way people love Kobe.
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,038

Post#63 » by ontnut » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:19 pm

Sheldon Cooper wrote:
Dennis 37 wrote:
Sheldon Cooper wrote:
I hate Draymond but without him no way the Warriors win the championship. Elite defender and basically a mini LeBron on offense. Tough as nails too. Would take that guy on my team anytime.

Pierce is younger than KG and they are not even close when you look at their career overall. KG was unquestionably the better of the two. No one in their right mind would've traded Pierce for KG 15 years ago.

And how much less energy does a guy have to exert when Steph Curry and Klay Thompson are raining down threes at a high percentage rate? We don't know how good Green would be if he was on a team that had to battle in the paint for a majority of its points.

Green's argument isn't really which of KG, Pierce, or himself is the better player. Green's comment suggested Pierce would not get the respect from the league's fans on a farewell tour. He is wrong. Pierce earned the respect of fanbases around the league. I will never respect a man who relies on the bias of the league to keep from suspending him each time he kicks someone.

The whole Thompson and Curry argument is silly. Green is a great player with or without those dudes. Paul Pierce has been a great player in this league. Green's point was that he's not on Kobe's level and he's certainly not wrong in his assessment.

As for the whole suspension thing, it doesn't define who Green is as a player. If anything his suspension last season in the Finals just demonstrated how valuable he is to the Warriors. If he doesn't get suspended we are likely talking about a Warriors repeat. And that suspension was wholly unjust as he should've been suspended against OKC and not against the Cavs.

Pierce hasn't earned the respect of fanbases. I don't see a ton of Pierce jerseys in the stands at away games, like you might see with some of the other all time great stars/HOFers. He's never been much of a universally lovable guy. Most people don't like Boston fans/players anyhow.
wizfactor94
Rookie
And1: 384

Post#64 » by wizfactor94 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:23 pm

you are a hater of epic porportions
Sheldon Cooper
Pro Prospect
And1: 810

Post#65 » by Sheldon Cooper » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:37 pm

wizfactor94 wrote:you are a hater of epic porportions

That's such a millenial thing to say. As soon as you disagree with something you're a "hater" and everything is "epic", "amazing" and "awesome".

People here are hating on Green when Pierce is well-known as one of the premier trash talkers in the game. Guess nobody can talk back because he's Paul Pierce?
wizfactor94
Rookie
And1: 384

Post#66 » by wizfactor94 » Wed Mar 1, 2017 12:45 am

Sheldon Cooper wrote:

That's such a millenial thing to say. As soon as you disagree with something you're a "hater" and everything is "epic", "amazing" and "awesome".

People here are hating on Green when Pierce is well-known as one of the premier trash talkers in the game. Guess nobody can talk back because he's Paul Pierce?

Paul Piece is on the bench not even playing a minute.

And Draymond is not trash talking, he is purely instigating and disrespecting.

You are the one that sounds like a millenial. Butthurt and dumb at the same time. Take two minutes and ask yourself if you would do what he did.
ash_k
RealGM
And1: 8,810

Post#67 » by ash_k » Wed Mar 1, 2017 1:15 am

Draymond one of the most overrated player in the league...but his mouth has served him playing with low key superstars players like Klay Thompson&Curry.

it makes no sense for a 3rd/4th tier player like Draymond to trash-talk a legend like 'the truth'

I think Draymond was still in 9th grade when Paul was making big shots in the playoffs building his legend

How on earth could S.I. have him ahead of DeMar? :lol: :lol:
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
Sheldon Cooper
Pro Prospect
And1: 810

Post#68 » by Sheldon Cooper » Wed Mar 1, 2017 1:19 am

wizfactor94 wrote:
Sheldon Cooper wrote:

Paul Piece is on the bench not even playing a minute.

And Draymond is not trash talking, he is purely instigating and disrespecting.

You are the one that sounds like a millenial. Butthurt and dumb at the same time. Take two minutes and ask yourself if you would do what he did.

Well, it appears I can have a reasonable argument without resorting to calling another person names. Oh, and I'm not the one upset that one grown man trash talked another grown man in the NBA.

Return to Toronto Raptors