ImageImageImageImageImage

Lowry sent home with back soreness; still expected to play

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

LastNameEver
General Manager
And1: 9,498

Re: Lowry sent home with back soreness; still expected to play 

Post#81 » by LastNameEver » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:49 pm

Super maxing him will set this franchise back for years.
Hes always injured going into the playoffs, even with rest.
nitrous
General Manager
And1: 11,470

Post#82 » by nitrous » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:51 pm

Lowry's style of play is not sustainable forever. Eventually, his style of play will catch up with him. I'm afraid we are starting to see exactly that.
Rapcity_11
RealGM
And1: 9,536

Post#83 » by Rapcity_11 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:01 pm

Financials wrote:
Rapcity_11 wrote:
Too Late Crew wrote:
Really? So if he walks, signs a big deal with the Sixers what's the worst case? He stays healthy for a whole season, Embid and Simmons stay healthy and they maybe grab the 8th seed and get stomped in the first round?

Or is it more likely that he signs with Philly and spends the end of his career injured or getting injured when he try's to carry the team when Embid and Simmons get injured yet?

Seriously though the only real downside is that we will be worse during the regular season because we miss the 60 games a year of production he gives. The chances of building a championship team around him is almost nill.

The regret is that the Raptors will be a significantly worse version of the team they are now. IE a ~.500 team in the regular season and a terrible playoff team should they make it. That’s a pretty damn significant downside. It’s not championship or bust.

Yeah man, so many fans would leave because the raps go from .622 win % to around .500 .. and yeah, were such a great playoff team right now! What would MLSE do!?!? **Hint: we are playoff jokers outside of the one lucky ECF year in a dead conference*

Give me a 50-56 win team over a 40 win team any day. Give a team that mostly plays competitive playoff series over one that can’t even do that.
LastNameEver
General Manager

Re: RE: Re: Lowry sent home with back soreness; still expected to play 

Post#84 » by LastNameEver » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:09 pm

Rapcity_11 wrote:
Financials wrote:
Rapcity_11 wrote:
The regret is that the Raptors will be a significantly worse version of the team they are now. IE a ~.500 team in the regular season and a terrible playoff team should they make it. That’s a pretty damn significant downside. It’s not championship or bust.

Yeah man, so many fans would leave because the raps go from .622 win % to around .500 .. and yeah, were such a great playoff team right now! What would MLSE do!?!? **Hint: we are playoff jokers outside of the one lucky ECF year in a dead conference*

Give me a 50-56 win team over a 40 win team any day. Give a team that mostly plays competitive playoff series over one that can’t even do that.

The Bucks and Bulls are doing just that.

Actually across both brackets, lower seed teams are making noise.

Im taking a 40 something win team thats not set in stone over a capped out one with a low ceiling.
sbsat
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,649

Post#85 » by sbsat » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:19 pm

Rapcity_11 wrote:
Financials wrote:
Rapcity_11 wrote:

After this year, it'll be 4 playoff runs with this core. Eventually you have to lean on your scouting and drafting to sustain some level of success without just throwing money at things. Sometimes a 40-45 win team that shows that hunger and potential yields the same or more excitement than a 50 win team that carries high expectations.
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Post#86 » by RaptorsLife » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:24 pm

Read on Twitter
Raptors til death
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,790

Post#87 » by Zeno » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:33 pm

Is this a Leo or a Jack game? I can't listen to Leo anyway but if he's going to be singing the Kyle doesn't look right song every time he misses a shot, I'm going with the Bucks crew.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
BBallG
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,749

Post#88 » by BBallG » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:45 pm

Only way I pay Lowry is if he has two ridiculous games to close the Bucks and then plays great to beat the Cavs, or at least take them to a competitive 7 games. We need to see him have more good games than bad, so far that hasn't happened, quite the opposite in fact...
BBallG
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,749

Post#89 » by BBallG » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:48 pm

Zeno wrote:Is this a Leo or a Jack game? I can't listen to Leo anyway but if he's going to be singing the Kyle doesn't look right song every time he misses a shot, I'm going with the Bucks crew.

TSN so Jack. We've lost both TSN games and have won both SN games(Leo) :eek1: ...time to change that.
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,767

Post#90 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:07 pm

Didn't Lowry have a couple driving layups in the 4th quarter last game? He looked fine to me then. Maybe, the back began acting up on the flight back to Toronto.
Rapcity_11
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: Lowry sent home with back soreness; still expected to play 

Post#91 » by Rapcity_11 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:16 pm

The Boy wrote:
Rapcity_11 wrote:
Financials wrote:

Im taking a 40 something win team thats not set in stone over a capped out one with a low ceiling.

The Raptors can barely make noise WITH Lowry. How are they supposed to without him?

That 40 something win team is going to be capped out. Also getting to 40 is no guarantee.
TrustFundBaby
Head Coach
And1: 19,767

Post#92 » by TrustFundBaby » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:19 pm

CoachJReturns wrote:Building of the excuses ahead of time. Screw this team.

Like clockwork. Expect to see some Instagram post later in the summer showing his 'physical transformation' only for him to break down by March again. Rinse & repeat
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,649

Post#93 » by C_Money » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:19 pm

RaptorsLife wrote:
Read on Twitter

I will simply not watch the game if Cory Joseph ends up starting tonight.
LastNameEver
General Manager

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Lowry sent home with back soreness; still expected to play 

Post#94 » by LastNameEver » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:20 pm

Rapcity_11 wrote:
The Boy wrote:
Rapcity_11 wrote:

The Raptors can barely make noise WITH Lowry. How are they supposed to without him?

That 40 something win team is going to be capped out. Also getting to 40 is no guarantee.

Nah I wasn't referring to this specific squad as the 40 win team.
This team would need to dismantled sans Lowry
Rapcity_11
RealGM

Post#95 » by Rapcity_11 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:21 pm

sbsat wrote:
Rapcity_11 wrote:
Financials wrote:

After this year, it'll be 4 playoff runs with this core. Eventually you have to lean on your scouting and drafting to sustain some level of success without just throwing money at things. Sometimes a 40-45 win team that shows that hunger and potential yields the same or more excitement than a 50 win team that carries high expectations.

Getting to 40-45 wins would be an achievement.
bon
General Manager
And1: 13,395

Post#96 » by bon » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:29 pm

He's playing..
vini_vidi_vici
RealGM
And1: 20,796

Post#97 » by vini_vidi_vici » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:38 pm

sbsat wrote:After this year, it'll be 4 playoff runs with this core. Eventually you have to lean on your scouting and drafting to sustain some level of success without just throwing money at things. Sometimes a 40-45 win team that shows that hunger and potential yields the same or more excitement than a 50 win team that carries high expectations.

To posters who are like you, I want to say one thing, IM NOT AFRAID TO WIN. You dont want the higher seed because expectations dictate how great the disappointment, where as a underdog can almost only surprise. "High expectations" arent something to eschew, they are to be embraced because we went up an echelon (where you have a higher chance to win). I will never want a "potentially yields more exciting" team at the expense of higher expectations. I dont care about esthetics, just win.

Guess what? their drafting, led to sustained success in that trading an asset (TR) to facilitate addressing another need (starting PF/C), allowed them to move assets because they had a 2nd round pick to start. Delon/Poeltl all provide insurance incase JV/CoJo get moved, at cost controlled prices (to not "throw $$$ at things") with albeit limited (no ones saying they will be allstars) but decent potential. MU wasnt going to get many vets until the PJ trade, hes built the back end of the bench on young players who can possibly develop into a better asset, instead of more likely depreciating.
iDRTG is terrible. ** Paid for by Pfizer Inc.
Yosemite Dan
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#98 » by Yosemite Dan » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:03 pm

Rapcity_11 wrote:
Financials wrote:
Rapcity_11 wrote:

Without Lowry, we would at worst have maybe 5 less wins. He is the worst defender on this team. It's just that most people have their heads in the sand about it. Having a PG who would not allow the opposing PG waltz in to the paint so the defense is forced to continually collapse, would help this team immensely. Lowrys offense has gotten to the point where it can't mask his atrocious defending.

And if his back is sore tonight making him even lazier on defense, this could be a long night.
Rapcity_11
RealGM

Post#99 » by Rapcity_11 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:05 pm

Yosemite Dan wrote:
Rapcity_11 wrote:
Financials wrote:

Without Lowry, we would at worst have maybe 5 less wins. He is the worst defender on this team. It's just that most people have their heads in the sand about it. Having a PG who would not allow the opposing PG waltz in to the paint so the defense is forced to continually collapse, would help this team immensely. Lowrys offense has gotten to the point where it can't mask his atrocious defending.

Congrats for an all-time bad take. Impressive.
Yosemite Dan
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#100 » by Yosemite Dan » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:07 pm

Rapcity_11 wrote:
Yosemite Dan wrote:
Rapcity_11 wrote:

Congrats for an all-time bad take. Impressive.

That sand must have gotten deep into your ears. Keep your eye on him tonight when he's defending, especially off ball, and see how he always gives up on his man causing confusion with help defenders. When he's on ball defending, see how many blow bys you can count. It will be in the double digits.

It's not a coincidence our defense has been terrible the last couple of years and him playing 40 mins a game.

Return to Toronto Raptors